Is it okay to leave your kids in the Oceaneers Lab/Club while you go ashore?

Memaw2Wm

DIS Veteran
I am taking my first cruise in August 2004 with my DD, DS and DIL and three grandkids (10, 9 and 7½). I'd like to take the glass-bottom boat tour, but I know the grandkids would hate this, so I'd prefer not to take them.

Would it be okay to leave them onboard (at the Oceaneer's Club/Lab) for 2-3 hours while I take the boat tour?

Then when I get back I could "spring" them and we could hang out at the pools for the rest of the day or explore the ship.

Opinions anyone?

We just returned from or 4-day and on our Nassau day, DW and I put our 2 DDs (6y/o) in the club so we could go on the Scuba excursion. We had talked to them about this prior to the trip and we made sure they liked the club by putting them in the night before. We had no problem. Be advised that the pager you receive will not reach you off the ship. Make sure you tell the CMs in the club that you will be off the ship and give them a general time you expect to be back. Have a great trip. We had so much fun we booked our 2nd cruise prior to docking at Port Canaveral. 4 days just wasn't enough! :) :)

Mike

Mike,
We had the same experience...
not about the kids and the clubs or scuba excursions,
but rather about thinking the 4 day wasn't long enough and booking our next before we left the ship.
Ok, in all honesty, we booked our next two before leaving the ship! :)

we were on the 7 day and my kids did not want to go with us at St Thomas. We left them at the Lab/Club and they were fine. Of course they had been there for sevral days before and consider it a real vacation because they get to play with friends and do cool things without Mom and Dad.
They were fine, again we told the CM that we were off the ship and when we would return.

As long as the kids aren't pre-schoolers or clingy, the lab/club is a great place and they really do prefer to be there than being dragged around to places that they don't want to go.

That was our experience.

I'm sure the kids won't mind being left ... after my granddaughter watched the cruise video she can hardly wait until she can explore the Oceaneers Club.

I just wasn't certain it was allowed. I'll definitely tell the CM's we're going on an excursion and an estimated time of return!

And I'm already thinking that the 3 day cruise isn't going to be enough, but I wanted to take the g'kids to WDW too, as the older one has only been to MK once ... for a single day when he was three. So we're doing 5 days at WDW and the 3 day cruise.

Cheryl

One more reassuring post for you. We left our 5 kids in the clubs in St. Maarten while we did the catamaran. They were 10,10,6,4,3. The CM's knew we were off the ship (that's also why we did the Disney sponsored excursion). They can check in the computer and be able to tell exactely when you get back on board also.

The kids did great! We still had the beg the 3 year old to come out with us!

Don't worry.

Originally posted by disney6
One more reassuring post for you. We left our 5 kids in the clubs in St. Maarten while we did the catamaran. They were 10,10,6,4,3. The CM's knew we were off the ship (that's also why we did the Disney sponsored excursion). They can check in the computer and be able to tell exactely when you get back on board also.

The kids did great! We still had the beg the 3 year old to come out with us!

Don't worry.

Thanks for sharing. It is reassuring to know your 3 year old had to be dragged out of the clubs. I am hoping mine likes it too...

Tina

BD - Does that include debarkation?

Just curious......
Rae

I'll let you know if I can get away with leaving mine there next cruise.....

OUCH!~ I am starting to feel the flames of the outraged humorless masses....

THAT'S A JOKE, FOLKS....

Rae

Hi Rae.

I'll let you know if I can get away with leaving mine there next cruise

How big the difference between you leaving him and him wanting to stay???... It'll become a three-way dueling pianos...

BD -
HAHAHAH! You can see me weighing that question, can't you?!
He's going to be the first horseback riding piano playing stormchaser in history! Guess I'd better keep him!

How's Buckaroo, by the way?

Rae

Hi Rae.

He's going to be the first horseback riding piano playing stormchaser in history!

Glad your expectations aren't riding too high... lol...

"Buckaroo" is away this holiday weekend visiting his mom's family. That's another way of saying I have a few days of "laundry time." He worked with the Lego Master Model Builders Team in NYC last month. They even took his picture with them for in-house publicity. He was thrilled to meet adults who did for a living what he enjoys as a kid. I've already lost my livingroom to legos, k'nex, rokenbok and various & sundry other "systems." I'm not sure whether "Buckaroo's" bedroom is carpeted or not. Too many projects going on to see ground-level. So I guess the next room to go is our guest bedroom. If you and yours ever come to visit, I guess I'll have to hang hammocks in the diningroom...

Now I thought you planned to put us out in the backyard in the pup tents?! Wow, I've come up in the world to stay in the Big house with the Master!!!!!!

Rae

Wow, I've come up in the world to stay in the Big house with the Master!!!!!!

Too many available responses, Rae. However, I don't want to receive a subpeona from Johnny Cochran!!!...

HAAHHAH!

I found out that Grace Jones also has my birthday. She's my gal -when I die and go to heaven, I get to pick my new body out - I'm going for the tall, black, thin, flatchested bald female from Conan. Makes up for being a short, white, fat, big chested gal now!

Rae

Makes up for being a short, white, fat, big chested gal now!

You forgot "educated," "insightful," "shrimp-loving" (no reflection intended on DH), "surgically adjusted" all-New York lady...

GOLLLLLYYYYY!
Flattery will get you.....well, you know!!!

Anyway, Tom says that if you don't join us in April 2005 for the ShrimpFest with us and Andy, he's coming to find you and drag you there.

Rae

Rae...Your trip in April 2005 is that Easter break? Dh will also be celebrating. We could call it the 50's cruise.

Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter