"Is it more fun to go by yourself?" "Well, I sure think so!" August 2014

Wow! So much fun!

Let me remember what I wanted to say now! :rotfl2:

I loved your Frozen firework shots. Totally one of my regrets from my last trip, no Frozen stuff! Grrr!!!!

I love the GF refurb. It looks so beautiful! I stayed there once before the refurb. It's such a great resort. I want to go back again. LOL

This update gave me the worst case of feelings. I miss GF so much :( I stayed at Boca Chica when I went. It was DS's birthday, so they upgraded us to a Theme Park view and we were enthralled!

Also I LOVE your photos of Aurora and Cinderella's dresses!!!!

Wow! So much fun!

Let me remember what I wanted to say now! :rotfl2:

I loved your Frozen firework shots. Totally one of my regrets from my last trip, no Frozen stuff! Grrr!!!!

I love the GF refurb. It looks so beautiful! I stayed there once before the refurb. It's such a great resort. I want to go back again. LOL

I wish they had kept the fireworks around past September, as I really enjoyed them! Other than that, I'm kind of over this Frozen-mania. The GF was very nice, and I'm glad I can say I've stayed there, but there are definitely other resorts I want to try before I'd return.

This update gave me the worst case of feelings. I miss GF so much :( I stayed at Boca Chica when I went. It was DS's birthday, so they upgraded us to a Theme Park view and we were enthralled!

Also I LOVE your photos of Aurora and Cinderella's dresses!!!!

Ooooh! Bonus to being/knowing a CM: 40-60% off the rooms. Downside: no free upgrades, ever. But I was very pleased with our garden view! It's rare that I pay for a better view/room when I'd be perfectly satisfied with a lower category. I never knew those dresses were there until this trip!

I am loving your trip report I would love to go solo some time.

Thanks! I hope you get to go solo!

This last post is going to be mostly words, not a lot of pictures. First off, you can read about our breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe and lunch at Gasparilla Island Grill here.

We awoke on Tuesday morning with just enough time to get ready for breakfast. In the main building, I took this picture of the floor.
IMG_4090.JPG

After breakfast, we went back to the room to hang out until 11am. This was probably the first hotel I've been in where mousekeeping didn't bother us about when we'd be leaving! We dropped off my bags at Bell Services again and went to the Courtyard Pool. Loved the cushy lounge chairs and the CM asking if anyone wanted food or beverages! PB took a nap and I wandered over to the other pool to test out the slide-in my opinion, second best slide on property, after the Boardwalk. :goodvibes

PB was silly and declined sunscreen so he got pretty burned, except for the nice rectangle on his chest where his phone was resting. :rotfl:Lounging poolside:
IMG_4094.JPG

After lunch we hung out in the lobby. Seating was at a prime and they were also filming some sort of Disney Parks infomercial so we were politely asked to move from the couch we were occupying. Spent some time watching the Disney episodes of Full House and Boy Meets World.

A little before 3:30 we said our good-byes and I loaded up the car. :sad: Stopped at the Hess station by the Boardwalk to get gas and paid a very cheap price (compared to NY) for fuel. Made my way to the airport. Car return was super duper easy! I don't think I did resort airline check in this time so I stopped at the JetBlue counter, which took no time at all. Security went fairly quick as well. Waited until the last minute to stop and get some dinner from the Burger King in the JB terminal and the line took forever! Thankfully there was a delay in boarding so it was fine.

Looks like my flight was supposed to land at JFK at 9pm and based on these photos, that time was correct. Now, I live 8 hours away from NYC, in the same state, but I've never visited! So I took a ton of photos of the lights.
IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

I had a 40 minute layover scheduled so that was short and stress free. Our plane was a little late taking off, but I took more airborne pictures.
IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

Pretty sure we landed on time. Matt came to pick me up and my bag arrived very quickly. I was home shortly after 11:30 to find this mess. Before I left, my apartment floor had been shifting/breaking and maintenance didn't seem to think that was an issue. So I got in touch with the assistant director of residence life at my complex who agreed this was a near emergency, assured me it would be taken care of and everything put back where it was found when they were done. I promise I didn't leave my apartment like this:
IMG_4113.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

NOTHING was where I had left it, so that was frustrating and not a great thing to return home to, but at least the floor was fixed. :rolleyes2

WDW trip #3 completed this year...and on to #4 in 16 days!

What a WONDERFUL trip report, Gretchen! Thank you so much for sharing your adventure. You really did give me lots of confidence on my own solo trip, and your report (and dining report) was so much fun to read. I hope you'll do another one for your upcoming trip. If you do, I'm so in! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing! You're solo trip almost made me regret asking my friend to join me on my next trip! :lmao: almost! Hahahaha. It was supposed to be solo with free dining at Pop Century but now it's me and a friend (possibly, maybe another one too) for 7 nights at Pop and then 3 nights at the Yacht Club (first time there!) so it will be amazing!!!

What a WONDERFUL trip report, Gretchen! Thank you so much for sharing your adventure. You really did give me lots of confidence on my own solo trip, and your report (and dining report) was so much fun to read. I hope you'll do another one for your upcoming trip. If you do, I'm so in! :goodvibes

Awww, thank you. :lovestruc It's been a tough day for me in the Disney community so it's nice to hear that somebody appreciates me! I am 99% sure I'll do another TR, mostly so I can post Christmas pics! :santa:

Thanks for sharing! You're solo trip almost made me regret asking my friend to join me on my next trip! :lmao: almost! Hahahaha. It was supposed to be solo with free dining at Pop Century but now it's me and a friend (possibly, maybe another one too) for 7 nights at Pop and then 3 nights at the Yacht Club (first time there!) so it will be amazing!!!

I love Pop! Probably my favorite value, it might even beat out AoA, but it's close! I've never stayed at YC but one of my closest friends from college is staying there between Christmas and New Year's with her boyfriend and his parents. :cool2: I thought about doing another solo trip next March but decided to invite my not-boyfriend to go with me. :flower3:

I really enjoyed your TR, Gretchen! Thanks for posting all the great photos and reviewing all the attractions, dining, etc.!

Maria :upsidedow

I love Pop! Probably my favorite value, it might even beat out AoA, but it's close! I've never stayed at YC but one of my closest friends from college is staying there between Christmas and New Year's with her boyfriend and his parents. :cool2: I thought about doing another solo trip next March but decided to invite my not-boyfriend to go with me. :flower3:

I love Pop too! Stayed there three times. It was a lot of fun. Solo is fun, but having friends is fun too. I love the not-boyfriend comment, but it totally makes me curious. LOL;)

I love Pop too! Stayed there three times. It was a lot of fun. Solo is fun, but having friends is fun too. I love the not-boyfriend comment, but it totally makes me curious. LOL;)

I invite you to check out the intro post of my July 2013 TR for further details ;)

New December TR and dining reviews have begun! Links are in my signature :)

I invite you to check out the intro post of my July 2013 TR for further details ;)

New December TR and dining reviews have begun! Links are in my signature :)

So the AoA in your link? I will need to look it up. Thanks! ;) Might need to wait until after Noel though, because I'm a little busy! Hee hee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter