• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Is it miserable or enjoyable?

It depends on who is going. When my husband and I go we can have a blast no matter what the weather. Now taking my son when it’s hot can be miserable. He melts and whines in the heat and no ride is worth dealing with him. Since we are dvc members and go often, we restrict our summer park touring to evening hours or rope drop, and spend the middle of the day at the resort swimming and hiding from the heat.

We go every July now (used to go for Thanksgiving, until the first week in Dec-- those were the days--- weather perfect, CP, holidays, etc) -- but cant take the kids out of school anymore) --- so, we go Mid-July now
Only part of summer in Disney that we've sworn off is late August- around Labor day===. that was unbearable !!!

Honestly, we live in NYC, and the summers aren't much better--- hot and humid as heck !! Would rather sweat with the Mouse !!!
That's us too! We go in the summer and every time we're in Disney it is hotter in NJ. We figure might as well be in Disney if going to be in the heat.

we've gone in April, May, June, August, October, and December...loved all the trips regardless of time of year. It just meant a different Plan of Attack. Hotter months, more pool time and lazy afternoons. Middle of the pack months, meant better golf and water parks. Cooler months, more lazy time in the park walking around and enjoying the sites and sounds...and usually the adult beverages!

We go every July now (used to go for Thanksgiving, until the first week in Dec-- those were the days--- weather perfect, CP, holidays, etc) -- but cant take the kids out of school anymore) --- so, we go Mid-July now
Only part of summer in Disney that we've sworn off is late August- around Labor day===. that was unbearable !!!

Honestly, we live in NYC, and the summers aren't much better--- hot and humid as heck !! Would rather sweat with the Mouse !!!

When I got back from Disney on 6/5 it was legitimately the same temperature in NYC lol.

I prefer spring and summer trips tbh, to me there's nothing worse than having to wear winter clothes at a theme park and that does happen with the freak cold snaps FL can get in the winter. Even early November was too cool for me, though it was still a lot warmer than home. Could not enjoy SAB at all. I think a lot of it is also nostalgia, we always took our family trips either during spring or summer break so hot weather = Disney to me.

It’s not just the heat that gets you in summer, it is the rain. I was so surprised by the storms that hit nearly every day in the afternoon In early summer. Bring lots of shoes and socks because they will get wet.

I don’t mind the heat/humidity when the crowds are light, but right now in June it is fairly miserable. We take breaks and try to pace ourselves but it still gets to you. Without FPs I feel like we have to beat the crowds by rope dropping and staying until closing.

It does all depend on what you're used to. In the PNW here, our summers are usually 70s to mid 80s (and that's hot!). We don't get humidity here.

We've been in September and it was miserable for us and we'd never come again from April-Sept. We try to come in January/February when it's cooler. I came this last March and it wasn't bad but was getting warm for me towards the end. I'll deal with the rain if I can avoid the heat.

I've found the summer humidity makes me feel like a mess/gross all the time - like I never look good in photos lol. Growing up we only went in July or Aug so Disney to me = horrible humidity and an afternoon downpour. Now as an adult I don't mind it if it's just dh and I but I cannot do the heat w little kids. I've found I lose my patience way faster when it's super hot - like you are in the direct sun trying to fold a stroller and your kid is saying "mom mom mom mom mom" - it's just too much for me. We go in Dec now and it's a lot better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter