Is Hollywood studios worth 2 days?

ZoeysMommy0308

Mouseketeer
We are taking a longer trip and anticipated Toy Story Land being open by then. Sadly it's not! We're going June 9th-19th. Do you think it's worth 2 park days? We don't have hoppers. We have a 6 year old girl...who isn't that into star wars.

No. TSMM, BATB, Frozen, Little Mermaid, Muppets, Fantasmic. Don't know if she wants to do Tower of Terror, but 1 day is plenty.

As always, the answer is dependent on if you like what it offers. For some, it's a half day park. For others, like me, it could be a 3 day park...and I'm not a Star Wars nut (I like it, don't love it). Does your 6 year old like thrill rides and is she tall enough? If so, RnR and ToT are awesome!! Do you like shows? There are plenty to see. TSMM is a blast, I could ride it 6 times in a row. Star Tours is fun, even if you're not a fan. One Mans Dream is worth a visit.

So yes, without a doubt it's worth two days, IMO, especially if you have 10 days in the parks. Even without RnR and ToT if you skip them...and I recommend doing them.

If I didn't have hoppers, I would only spend one day at HS. Two much construction and not enough to do to warrant 2 days right now.

Just got back from WDW last week. We had scheduled to spend 2 days of our trip at HS! We ended up dropping one of them off and going to MK instead. There was not enough to keep our 3 year old entertained...and barely our 9 & 13 year olds. (We usually do at least 2 days of HS on our trips.)

1 day for sure. HOWEVER, be on the lookout if there are any soft openings. We were able to soft open Toy Story Mania and ride it about 5 times in a row. It was a spot opening. It does seem lately that soft openings have been for annual passholders or DVC. Makes it feel like you are getting a perk. Still, when you are in the studios, ask when you are around the area if they are doing any testing.

We LOVE DHS, and I might suggest doing two half days on a long trip like yours, and using the rest of the day for resort time or Disney Springs.

But, given that TSM will likely still be standby only, I'd say one day will be enough, and maybe not even that if you don't ride RnR and ToT. But, again, your one day could be a "break" day where you sleep in, hit a few shows and meet and greets, have dinner and see Fantasmic... or just go in the morning and hit the pool at your resort in the afternoon.

I wouldn't hold out hope for any previews unless you are an annual passholder or DVC member. I would expect Disney will do the opening like it did for Pandora and limit the previews to AP and DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter