is disneysea worth going to?

We went to Tokyo Disneyland for the first time last year. We only had one day and chose Disneyland over Tokyo DisneySea...oh well, we will definitely go back someday!

Well, we loved Tokyo Disneyland...the magic is in the details. The park is crowded most days (hey, it's Tokyo!!) and so Disney spent a lot of effort enhancing the queue areas. Our favorite was Splash Mountain...the queue was unbelievable as most of the line is inside the mountain and there are so many quaint critter houses all over. The ride was fabulous...and dry!!! Japanese don't enjoy getting wet riding attractions and so the water flow is controlled. At least, that's what I heard. Big Thunder Mountain has amazing detail, and the castle and courtyard, well, it's just as impressive as the Magic Kingdom.

Our highlight of the day was one that we didn't expect to be...and that was Pooh's Hunny Hunt ride. OMGosh!!! It's the best ride there in my opinion. Get a fastpass, then get in line so you can experience this twice.

We did a week in Tokyo and spent the first 4 days at TDR. We did the first day at Tokyo Disneyland for familiarity, though it was very different. Then the second day at DisneySea and the third day at DisneySea and the 4th day was DisneySea but we hopped back to Disneyland to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade and finish what we didn't the first day. As others have said, DisneySea is the best theme park ever. They did an amazing job with the details, opposite of the original California Adventure that was built at the same time.

Then we spent the other 4 days doing Tokyo stuff :) Our trip was 5 years ago already and we always get the itch to go back to DisneySea :)

Can't wait to go! :banana:
We have 12 nights in Tokyo leaving UK on Boxing day! Planning 4 days for the Disney parks and the rest for Tokyo itself with day trips to Hakone and Kyoto if possible depending on how we manage to negotiate the public holiday period
Lyn

If you can only go to one Disney theme park in Japan, we highly recommend Tokyo Disney Sea. We were there last July and it was absolutely incredible. You can check my blog on my signature for a trip report on Disney Sea.

Yes!! Go if you have a chance.

I was in Japan for about two weeks and Disney Sea is truly a magical place. It brings out the, "Wow, awesome!" factor in a big way.

No Disney fan should miss DisneySea if they have the chance. No question about it. There is nothing else in Tokyo that is worth seeing THAT much (again, if you are a Disney fan).

DL, however, is mostly the same as MK. With one big exception: Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Aside from that one ride, you can miss TDL without a worry in the world. Now, one ride might not seem like such a great reason to spend a day in a theme park, but in the case of PHH, it is ALMOST worth it. Seriously, it's the best theme park ride in the world, and nobody will ever make one like it again. It cost too much money to build. They were insane for building it. They had the idea, and they didn't care how much it cost. How often does something like that happen?

It only takes one day to see each of the parks, so taking one day away from Tokyo for DisneySea is an easy decision for a Disney fan.

For our four days in Tokyo (seven days in Japan) , we spent two in the parks. The TDL hotels are too rich for my blood, so we stayed at the Park Lane Nishikasai which has a shuttle to the parks but is also at a subway stop, so it was easy visiting Tokyo from the hotel.

I was just thinking about Tokyo DL and DisneySea. We have our 15th anniversary in 2013 and thought about doing something very nice! This is what crossed my mind. I am glad I ran across this post. Always heard DisneySea was special, and I see people still agree. I am excited about going, yet also nervous since all my traveling has been in the states. Have never been overseas, will be an adventure to say the least !! Looking forward to it though either way.

Anytime you travel outside the US, you must be prepared for a language barrier. You should assume people will not speak English. If they do, that's great, but if they don't you should look upon it as an adventure and a learning experience.

Anyhwere you go you should take one of those pocket phrase books, and look up handy phrases on the plane ride before you get there. I found I could look up and say almost anything I was likely to say with just a tiny bit of effort. It only took me a few moments for me to figure out how to say "I'd like the the front row," in Japanese before going on Journey to the Center of the Earth.

It can be frustrating, but it is a question of attitude. At one amusement park, I bought a ticket book I thought was 'unlimited access,' that I could go on all the rides ONCE. Each time I entered a ride, the ticket book would get punched with the number of the ride. What I didn't understand was that the ticket book was only good for a certain amount of points (each ride was worth a specific number of points), so that when I ran out of points I could no longer enter any of the rides. Nobody could explain this to me, and it caused a certain amount of frustration on my part. If I had a bad attitude, it could have wrecked my time there. But I finally understood and chalked it up to experience and laughed about it and added more points to my ticket book.

Its like going to Epcot. It's not your typical theme park experience. You'll not ride as many rides, but have a great time experiencing different environments that immerse you like no other.

I almost fell out of my seat when I read your question....then I realized it was a valid question for someone who hasn't experienced it. My answer is YES a very big YES!!! I hae been to every park except Paris. Disney SEA surpasses all of them by a long way. It's not because I live here either. I am originally from Georgia and once upon a time did a 6 month music internship at EPCOT. Disney SEA is in a different category to everything else. I won't go into the details here as that won't help, but if you want the details PM me before you come. It is currently the 10 year anniversary so alot of extra is going on.
Tokyo Disneyland is what the Magic Kingdom used to be...not criticizing the Florida parks, but for me alot of magic has been lost simply due to CM attitudes. OPINION please don't flame me. In addition the Pooh's Honey Hunt is the best current attraction there...ALOT different from stateside.
Oh and by the way I have been here 13 years and am in one of the parks atleast once a month, sometimes I go to Disney SEA just for lunch.

I almost fell out of my seat when I read your question....then I realized it was a valid question for someone who hasn't experienced it. My answer is YES a very big YES!!! I hae been to every park except Paris. Disney SEA surpasses all of them by a long way. It's not because I live here either. I am originally from Georgia and once upon a time did a 6 month music internship at EPCOT. Disney SEA is in a different category to everything else. I won't go into the details here as that won't help, but if you want the details PM me before you come. It is currently the 10 year anniversary so alot of extra is going on.
Tokyo Disneyland is what the Magic Kingdom used to be...not criticizing the Florida parks, but for me alot of magic has been lost simply due to CM attitudes. OPINION please don't flame me. In addition the Pooh's Honey Hunt is the best current attraction there...ALOT different from stateside.
Oh and by the way I have been here 13 years and am in one of the parks atleast once a month, sometimes I go to Disney SEA just for lunch.

:thumbsup2

Wow, I never thought I would hear somebody ask such a thing.
Of course, Tokyo Disneysea is worth going to! It is the best theme park in the world, bar none.

I was lucky enough to make the trip to Tokyo in October, and the day after my birthday I filmed a tour of the park:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TD3P1emHM8

It's only me walking around with my camera, but at least it will give you a sense of scale of the park, as well as its greatness.

As I walking through, I kept thinking to myself OMG I cannot believe I am seeing with my own eyes the kind of detail I have admired in photos for years!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter