is disneysea worth going to?

adamandkate

Earning My Ears
Might be planning a tokyo trip and might schedule this in. is disneyland and disneysea worth visiting and how many days would a tour take?

thanks

I haven't been there yet, but from my research and positive remarks on this board it is most definitely worth going there, it seems 2 day is a minimum amount of time to visit the parks, but 4 would be best. I myself only have time for 2 days. Staying onsite is quiet pricey but the good neighbors hotels are just as good and half the price and come with all the same perks. I will be staying at the Grand Sheraton since it right across the street from the monorail station

is the earth round?

YES, DisneySEA is the crown jewel of theme parks IMO...I advise anyone who likes Disney in the slightest to visit, the place is incredible!!

Disneysea was closed when I was there in April, but from what I saw and what I have read you better believe it's worth going to. DL itself was fun, but next time I am just going to Disneysea. It looked amazing from what I could see from DL.

I'm in the minority here when it comes to the Tokyo parks, but here are my 2 cents:

Yes, both Parks are worth seeing. Unless I was in Tokyo for a very short time, I wouldn't miss them.

(Here's where the "minority" part comes in). I'd say that you should spend a day in each Park. AND since you're even questioning this, you might want to consider only spending one day (half in each Park). The trick with that is that you are going to have to buy full day tickets for both. I'd also carefully evaluate the crowd level expectations for that time, as you won't see much if it's very busy.

I went to Japan to see Japan, not Disney. Don't get me wrong, I love the Disney Parks, and make it to Florida about once a year (for at least a couple days). There was also no way that I would have skipped taking a look in Tokyo. However, as neat as Tokyo Disneyland is, it is very similar to the Magic Kingdom. There are a couple of dramatic differences that you have to see, but the Haunted Mansion (for example) was almost an exact clone.

DisneySea has some incredible things, but it also has a flop or two (one of the coasters, can't remember the name). Someone else called it the "crown jewel" of Disney Parks. I'd disagree with that: the Florida Parks win for me. Everyone has their favorites, though. I do agree that they need to build a DisneySea in Florida! But to be honest, we spent the morning on a very busy day at DisneySea. We saw the whole Park without really going commando.

I know other people here on the boards go to the Tokyo Parks for a week or so. I'd, honestly, get bored, and anxious to get out and see what else Tokyo has to offer (and it has more to offer than you can imagine). You can also easily get to other parts of the country by train. I just don't understand skipping all of Japan in favor of a week in Disney.

Of course, if money and time weren't a problem, I would spend a week, and then move on to see Tokyo, Takayama, Kyoto, etc..

I went to Japan to see Japan, not Disney.

Thankyou for this. I think you said exactly what i was worring about. I have a new job that MAY travel to japan. But it may not. So I dont want to waste a once in a lifetime oppertunity to be sent for free! But also i dont wanna regret missing out on disney. Guess ill spend a day or two there, and experience the feel of it, rather then try to see every little detail.

I'm in the minority here when it comes to the Tokyo parks, but here are my 2 cents:

Yes, both Parks are worth seeing. Unless I was in Tokyo for a very short time, I wouldn't miss them.

(Here's where the "minority" part comes in). I'd say that you should spend a day in each Park. AND since you're even questioning this, you might want to consider only spending one day (half in each Park). The trick with that is that you are going to have to buy full day tickets for both. I'd also carefully evaluate the crowd level expectations for that time, as you won't see much if it's very busy.

I went to Japan to see Japan, not Disney.

I know other people here on the boards go to the Tokyo Parks for a week or so. I'd, honestly, get bored, and anxious to get out and see what else Tokyo has to offer (and it has more to offer than you can imagine). You can also easily get to other parts of the country by train. I just don't understand skipping all of Japan in favor of a week in Disney.

Of course, if money and time weren't a problem, I would spend a week, and then move on to see Tokyo, Takayama, Kyoto, etc..

I think your opinion is perfectly valid. I am struggling with the decision to go to the Tokyo parks, and I'm only a 2 hour plane flight away. It seems a little silly to go to Japan and spend excessive time at Disney. Granted, my plan includes a few days in other places (mostly Kyoto), but we'll have a baby between 1 and 2 years old when we go (he's 11 months now), which makes it a bit more complicated. I would go for longer, but then I have to sacrifice time in other countries. At the moment, my plan is 4 days at Disney and 4 days in Kyoto.

I've made a general list of the things I want to see and do in Japan and Disney and Kyoto seem to cover the majority. If I get sick of Disney, while in Tokyo, I can always venture out into the rest of the city and see some other things.

OP: Maybe if you plan Disney at the beginning of your time in Tokyo, you can add more time there if you feel the need. If you go to Tokyo at the end of your trip, you can better gauge the things you enjoyed in the rest of Japan. For example, you may be sick of museums or shrines, and decide a few extra hours at Disney would be worth it.

Thankyou for this. I think you said exactly what i was worring about. I have a new job that MAY travel to japan. But it may not. So I dont want to waste a once in a lifetime oppertunity to be sent for free! But also i dont wanna regret missing out on disney. Guess ill spend a day or two there, and experience the feel of it, rather then try to see every little detail.

Thats what did with my touring in Japan. I arrive Oct.5 and spend the 6th and 7th in TDL. Then on the 8th I head to Shinjuku for the start of my tour. with three days touring Tokyo and a few days shopping, then I head to Hakone for 2 days and Kyoto and Osaka for three. Disney is not my main reason for going to Japan, it was just a perk. My main reason for going in Anime souvenirs :rotfl:. I know I'm a dork, half my money budget is for anime and Disney souvenirs :banana:.

In short I agree that going to tokyo you should be sure to see the country and treat TDL and an added bonus to the trip, not the whole trip.

IMHO, Disney Sea is the most stunning theme park I've ever seen. I love the Florida parks, and if I had the choice I'd still pick going there, but Disney Sea is incredible - definitely not to be missed! :)

I used to live there so it was easy for me to see Japan on other days.

each park can be done in one day, easily. However unless you bleed Disney and your life's ambition is to hit every Walt Disney World on the planet Ueno park is a better use of finite and limited touristy resources. the Rodins just outside the Museum of Western Art alone are worth the Yen it costs to take the train... heck, Gates of Hell by and of itself is enough.

That being Said DisneySea is much nicer overall than Tokyo Disney. but do not go there expecting a WDW style park.. MUCH less emphasis on rides and much MORE on shopping and dining. It's just the culture.

Thats what did with my touring in Japan. I arrive Oct.5 and spend the 6th and 7th in TDL. Then on the 8th I head to Shinjuku for the start of my tour. with three days touring Tokyo and a few days shopping, then I head to Hakone for 2 days and Kyoto and Osaka for three. Disney is not my main reason for going to Japan, it was just a perk. My main reason for going in Anime souvenirs :rotfl:. I know I'm a dork, half my money budget is for anime and Disney souvenirs :banana:.

In short I agree that going to tokyo you should be sure to see the country and treat TDL and an added bonus to the trip, not the whole trip.

Hakone is one of our favorite places to visit. be sure and get an egg at the springs...

hit up the 100 Yen stores. you might find some very good anime stuff there. but at the larger ones.

We spent 17 days in Japan, including 4 days at the Disney Parks. It was a relaxing break, but we know we could go back and spend another two weeks in Japan, without repeating anything we saw previously.

I would strongly suggest spending a full day (gate-open to fireworks finale) at Tokyo Disney Sea. It is a unique Disney park, and even the attractions repeated (like Tower of Terror) have important differences that enhence the guest experience. (Like no Twighlight Zone story line. Their story is better.) IMO, while TDL has a few unique attractions, you can skip it without too much guilt.

If time was no object and your party is motivated adults, two days at each park is enough to experience everything. (With kid nap requirements, we didn't quite see it all.)

Note: there's no denying that there is Japanese culture inside the parks. In the food especially. One thing that we found confusing and a bit frustrating was that no food was repeated at any counter service restaurant. Inside each park, there was only one place to buy burgers, one place to buy pizza, one place to buy noodles, one place to buy hot dogs, one place to buy gyoza, one place to buy sushi.... If your group is craving a variety of foods, prepare to cross the park to satisfy everyone.

YES, DisneySEA is the crown jewel of theme parks IMO...I advise anyone who likes Disney in the slightest to visit, the place is incredible!!

I agree 100%! The magic of DisneySea is in the details, and it's the most well executed park I've been to. This park is about seeing and experiencing more so than it is about the rides. Don't get me wrong, the rides are good, but they don't compare to Soarin' or Toy Story Midway Mania.

You can spend a full day at TDS and probably do most of the park. If you rather spend time in Tokyo, Disneyland can probably be skipped. I guess it's a little like McDonalds in Tokyo - it's a little like the American version, but with a Japanese twist. One of the best ways to understand another culture is to see how they've tweaked ours.

Hakone is one of our favorite places to visit. be sure and get an egg at the springs...

hit up the 100 Yen stores. you might find some very good anime stuff there. but at the larger ones.

Thanks for the advice, I had planned to check out the hot springs, just hoping I can find my way there from the hotel I'm at ::sigh:: Kinda scary since I am going by myself and don't speak any japanese. It will definitely be an adventure :rotfl:

Thanks for the advice, I had planned to check out the hot springs, just hoping I can find my way there from the hotel I'm at ::sigh:: Kinda scary since I am going by myself and don't speak any japanese. It will definitely be an adventure :rotfl:

It's really easy to get to Hakone - the train leaves from Shinjuku station and you don't need to transfer. The extra money they charge for the romance car is definitely worth it! I can't remember the names of the station in Hakone, but everything is pretty straightforward and there was never a moment when we questioned where we needed to go.

Black sulfur eggs are yummy!

We stayed on property at the Disneyland hotel which allowed us to purchase the park hopper version starting on day 1. The cost for the 3 day pass was Y15,500 ($198USD) for each adult, Y13,500 ($172USD) for ages 12-17 and Y10,300 ($131USD) for ages 4-11.

The price for the regular 3 day pass that allows park hopping only on day 3 is Y13,800, Y12,300 and Y9,500 respectively.

Is DisneySea worth going to??? OMG---YES!!!!

It was the MOST amazing park ever. I'd skip TDL to go back to DisneySea. Just amazing!!

Please post a trip report! We might be able to manage a trip to Japan next year if Jetstar keeps having special deals and what you plan to do would mirror my thoughts except maybe a bit less in Tokyo and a bit more south(nothing like having others do my research for me!!)

YES YES YES. We went in August last year. I think we chose the hottest day to go:eek: But we had a ball. It is 'different' to the other Disney parks. You just have to experience it for yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter