• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interval International Getaways, who's used this?

lilsonicfan

DIS Veteran
So my trip to WDW fell through last min and flight prices were waaay too high to justify. But I remembered the thread that @cbyrne1174 had done re: booking II Getaways, and found a week in Vegas at the Marriott Grand Chateau for just under $800 for a 2 bedroom. The price seems almost too good to be true. What could go wrong, right? Just posting to ask for any personal experiences with II Getaways, and some reassurance that despite not being WDW, it will still be super fun :)

I have stayed at the Grand Chateau (trade for non-DVC - not a Getaway) and thought it was great.

Highly recommended.

There are also taxes added to the Getaway price but no resort fees.

Not sure about parking, I didn't have a car but I think it's free but valet only (so tips are expected).

(It should go without saying that Vegas is a very different experience than WDW...)

I love Vegas, so I'm okay with that, although I've never taken my kids, so that should be interesting. Thank you so much for that feedback! I did pay taxes on top of the getaway price. Also got a $25 discount, I guess for using II for the first time.

So my trip to WDW fell through last min and flight prices were waaay too high to justify. But I remembered the thread that @cbyrne1174 had done re: booking II Getaways, and found a week in Vegas at the Marriott Grand Chateau for just under $800 for a 2 bedroom. The price seems almost too good to be true. What could go wrong, right? Just posting to ask for any personal experiences with II Getaways, and some reassurance that despite not being WDW, it will still be super fun :)
Have used both (non dvc) timeshare trade and getaways for GC. It’s a GREAT property, free valet parking, and no other fees. It’s on the block behind planet Hollywood so easily walkable to strip. Enjoy!

I love Vegas, so I'm okay with that, although I've never taken my kids, so that should be interesting. Thank you so much for that feedback! I did pay taxes on top of the getaway price. Also got a $25 discount, I guess for using II for the first time.
There’s a decent pool at Grand chateau and activities for nominal fee. The two bedroom is very nice,

You’ll probably be amazed at the size and furnishings of the the Marriott 2BR and might find it difficult to return to a DVC 2BR.

You’ll probably be amazed at the size and furnishings of the the Marriott 2BR and might find it difficult to return to a DVC 2BR.
Some comments about this particular Marriott were that the villas are small!! But honestly I don’t care that much, we crammed 5 into a 1BR at Aulani so I’m sure the 2BR will feel bigger no matter what.

Some comments about this particular Marriott were that the villas are small!! But honestly I don’t care that much, we crammed 5 into a 1BR at Aulani so I’m sure the 2BR will feel bigger no matter what.
Nah the 2 bedroom is pretty good size, we stayed in a dedicated 2 bed a few years ago and a 3 bedroom last year (separate 1 bed & 2 bed with shared foyer). Both 2 bedrooms were decent size

Nah the 2 bedroom is pretty good size, we stayed in a dedicated 2 bed a few years ago and a 3 bedroom last year (separate 1 bed & 2 bed with shared foyer). Both 2 bedrooms were decent size
Thanks! Is there any point to a room request, like could I request a dedicated 2BR?
Is there anything I should know about check in? Idk why part of me is intimidated by it being a timeshare (exchange)

Thanks! Is there any point to a room request, like could I request a dedicated 2BR?
Is there anything I should know about check in? Idk why part of me is intimidated by it being a timeshare (exchange)
I always ask for a high floor- yes you can definitely request a location or unit-no guarantee but they do try. The lock off 2 bedroom is good too as the foyer door will stay open and both units have their own locked door. Check in is quick and easy and we’ve never had any pressure on sales. The lobby is lovely. There’s a separate spot for ride shares around back of lobby that’s also lovely to what that has its own door person.
We are spoiled when going to Vegas as we do try to stay there. We’ve stayed nights here and there in strip resorts-while fun I much prefer the tranquility retreat of MGC!

We stayed in a 3 bedroom at the Grand Chateau and it was huge. The pool is small but it's a great location... walking distance to strip, across from Planet Hollywood. Free parking, no resort fee. Highly recommend!

What could go wrong, right?
You should know that II Getaways are completely non-refundable, and cannot be changed. It's like the Wheel of Fortune: Once you buy a prize, it's yours to keep.

he villas are small!!
This is probably "small for a Marriott." They are about 1250 sq. ft. That's smaller than OKW, but larger than most of the WDW DVCs.

Is there any point to a room request
Check your confirmation for the Unit Code--I think you can see this by going to History/Getaways. TOVI is a dedicated 2BR. ZZAA is a lockoff. Marriott is usually pretty good about keeping you in the code assigned to your exchange. (You can find a more or less complete list here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/marriott-ii-unit-codes.163130/page-10#post-1781885)

You should know that II Getaways are completely non-refundable, and cannot be changed. It's like the Wheel of Fortune: Once you buy a prize, it's yours to keep.

This is probably "small for a Marriott." They are about 1250 sq. ft. That's smaller than OKW, but larger than most of the WDW DVCs.

Check your confirmation for the Unit Code--I think you can see this by going to History/Getaways. TOVI is a dedicated 2BR. ZZAA is a lockoff. Marriott is usually pretty good about keeping you in the code assigned to your exchange. (You can find a more or less complete list here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/marriott-ii-unit-codes.163130/page-10#post-1781885)
Thank you Brian. I did read the terms to see that the getaways are non-refundable, luckily this was all a last min trip anyway. Thank you for telling me how to find the unit code, I could not figure that out! Mine is ZZAA, I might try to call to ask whether I could be moved to a dedicated, so there's at least one more real bed. Much appreciated.

Just wanted to come back and thank everyone who commented, especially about the Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas specifically. It was indeed a great property. Free valet (only) parking was nice, and no resort fees. We had a 2 bedroom lockoff but it did not have a shared foyer - just connecting doors inside both the 1BR and studio. It wasn't too bad at all. My kids each had their own bed, even if 2 beds were sofa beds. We were apparently in tower 2 and this has been newly renovated. The pool area is fairly small; however, it was almost a little too hot to swim most days. Anyway, excellent property which we got for an amazing price and I'm really glad we were able to do this since WDW wasn't an option. Will totally check out Getaways again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter