Internet Connection Help

CynthiaC925

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hello,

I will be at Walt Disney World in a few weeks and need to register for a Disney race. I need to have a lightning fast internet connection.

I understand that fiber optics internet is the fastest - does anyone know where I can rent that type of connection in the Orlando area? Or rent whatever the next fastest connection is and where?

I spoke with the Business Center at the Contemporary Hotel and all of the WDW hotels use wi fi for the Business Center computers so that won't be fast enough.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Most business will not be using Fiber Optics and there are no "rental" options or at least I've never heard of one. If I were you I'd check to see if there is a data jack in the Contemporary room somewhere that you can physically connect your PC too. That's your best bet as the speed should be at least a T1 which is much better than WIFI. Other than that try to find an internet cafe(If those still exist).

Last edited:
The old ports are gone. They migrated to WiFi. Not sure the project but you Will be very limited and what you can do with in Disney World itself. Your best bet is to look for an offsite location like a UPS store fed ex that might have the ability to connect you to a T1 line they can get you the speed you need

Went back and read the original post one more time and it looks like you’re trying to register for a Disney race while you’re staying down there. If that’s the case your best bet would to give your information to someone back at home and ask them to handle it for you

Last edited:
And Disney internet can be very slow especially at night when everyone is back from the parks and in their rooms

Most business will not be using Fiber Optics and there are no "rental" options or at least I've never heard of one. If I were you I'd check to see if there is a data jack in the Contemporary room somewhere that you can physically connect your PC too. That's your best bet as the speed should be at least a T1 which is much better than WIFI. Other than that try to find an internet cafe(If those still exist).
Thank you so much!

The old ports are gone. They migrated to WiFi. Not sure the project but you Will be very limited and what you can do with in Disney World itself. Your best bet is to look for an offsite location like a UPS store fed ex that might have the ability to connect you to a T1 line they can get you the speed you need

Went back and read the original post one more time and it looks like you’re trying to register for a Disney race while you’re staying down there. If that’s the case your best bet would to give your information to someone back at home and ask them to handle it for you
Thank you!

I don't know what cell phone provider you have, but it may be easier to sign up from your phone. My experience with Disney's internet service is hit or miss (a lot of misses) and when I had to do something important one year during my visit, I used the hot spot from my cell phone to use my laptop and that was faster than Disney's internet.

Which race are you signing up for? I've enjoyed the few runDisney races that I've participated in! Good luck! :)

I don't know what cell phone provider you have, but it may be easier to sign up from your phone. My experience with Disney's internet service is hit or miss (a lot of misses) and when I had to do something important one year during my visit, I used the hot spot from my cell phone to use my laptop and that was faster than Disney's internet.

Which race are you signing up for? I've enjoyed the few runDisney races that I've participated in! Good luck! :)
Thanks for your suggestion! I'm signing up for the Star Wars Rival Run next April -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter