Interlocking garage floor tiles

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Has anyone had their garage floors installed with floor tiles?

If yes, are you happy with the results?

We received an estimate for a 1-1/2 car garage of $1200.

Last edited:
Has anyone had their garage floors installed with floor tiles?

If yes, are you happy with the results?

We received an estimate for a 1-1/2 car garage of $1200.
Can you post a picture of what kind of flooring you're talking about?

Are they the foam rubber mat things? If so, we just bought several packages of foam mats at Sam's Club to put in our garage. Not the whole garage, but the area between door into house and the washer/dryer.

They were like $30 for 8 mats. Assorted colors, one side grey, other side colors.

I'm not sure they'd do if you were parking vehicles on them, though.

Did my last home garage with the tiles. Nice, but oil and fluids get in the seams and under the tiles. Present home has the epoxy paint. Had a contractor do it for $750 in a two+ car garage. (2 cars and 1 golf cart)

We did epoxy in DH's garage shop. Cost less than that, but 10 years ago.
DD also did epoxy in her garage....about 2 years ago. Cost less too

We also have epoxy in our garage. We had to have patches redone, but the company was great to work with and fixed the areas with no question & quickly

Neighbor did his himself. Ordered all the pieces online. He did a two tone pattern. I remember him paying around $600 for the materials for a 22x22 foot double garage.

He loved it as it was part of his shrine to his motorcycles.

Floor looks great. How much did it cost you at the end? The tiles themselves shouldn't be too pricey, and you can also handle the installation yourself, which can save on labor costs. Take a look at Quarry tile sale to see if there's something that catches your eye. They often have a variety of options available at competitive prices, so you're likely to find something that fits your budget and preferences

Last edited:
So - I don't use my garage as a garage as its too small IMO.
7x8 foot door - so I guess that is somewhat standard - but still the smallest.
No idea how they used to get those cars in and out back in the 70s - of course the track is all banged up - I am actually replacing the track today. I already did one side of it last week.
Waiting for a sale to replace the door itself. I had toyed with the idea of French doors - but cost wise its not in the cards currently. I'd do it myself but slightly concerned how it might look from the street.

At this point I have built a wall to split the front and back to create a workshop for projects and it gives me more wall storage for tools etc..

Anyway I have a bunch of ceramic floor tiles (14x14) I got very cheap from HD - like 3 dollars a box.
I then took the best looking ones and had them installed in my kitchen. (bad move but the remodel had already cost so much and my wife sort of hates them now)

I have been toying with the idea of using those extra ones in the garage - mostly just to learn how to do a floor myself, but it might be nice if I wanted to use the front of the garage as a bar area when it rains etc...

Sorry to hijack the thread OP, but any input from folks.

LOL....."game-changer" is one of those overused internet phrases. We park our cars and store the lawn mower in the garage. Seems like old threads are revived either by those trying to sell some product or practicing their AI bot skills !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest