Interesting POTC malfunction story + park pics from today

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I spoke with a CM earlier today who told me an interesting thing that happened on Pirates a few months ago. Apparently one of the boats was loaded incorrectly: two small children in the first and second rows, several large adults in the back row. As a result, at the bottom of the first drop, the boat "de-flumed." That is, it jumped out of its usual path and was stuck on one of the banks. It took them awhile to correct the situation and the CMs all had to be re-trained on the proper loading of the ride. I think this story came after I asked one of my stock CM questions: what's the weirdest or craziest thing you've ever experienced here?

Not much else to report. I had a good day that began when I was the first on PP. I also scored well on Buzz but didn't break 2M, although I got close several times.

Here are a few park pics.

The state of play of the new parking structure.
IMG_5627.JPG

Main Street moments before the horde arrives.
IMG_5645.JPG

Looking up Main Street at park open. It felt like I was being chased ;-).
IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

Buzz1.JPG

Buzz2.JPG

Buzz3.JPG

Almost had the whole board. I've never done that before and it's not one of my goals. But if it happens...
IMG_5666.jpg

IMG_5672.JPG

Saw this cool plate in the parking structure when I left.
IMG_5675.JPG

Last edited:
Oh cool. I was just trying to ask what that parking picture was and you added descriptions.

Where is this other structure going and do they need it?

Oh cool. I was just trying to ask what that parking picture was and you added descriptions.

Where is this other structure going and do they need it?
It’s being built right next to Mickey and friends on what used to be surface parking. It will be connected to Mickey and friends when completed. And yes it’s needed. Resort parking was full for several hours at one point today.

@momof2n2: The new parking structure (built on the old Pinocchio lot, which was a one level parking lot for buses, RVs, and some HC parking) will be the Cleo structure -- soooo badly needed! You'll see the construction zone from the escalators after you park at M&F on your first morning. :)

It’s being built right next to Mickey and friends on what used to be surface parking. It will be connected to Mickey and friends when completed. And yes it’s needed. Resort parking was full for several hours at one point today.
Heard about the insane parking situation yesterday. Had some friends that were there and thankfully got there at like 7 am to park. I think it was due to the SoCal resident tickets ending on Wednesday (that's why my friends went lol). It was the last weekend to use them.

Heard about the insane parking situation yesterday. Had some friends that were there and thankfully got there at like 7 am to park. I think it was due to the SoCal resident tickets ending on Wednesday (that's why my friends went lol). It was the last weekend to use them.
Yup. But resort parking has filled at some point every Sunday for the past several weeks based on the Disneyland Twitter feed.

Way to go with the scores on Buzz! Those pics are awesome! The flowers are so beautiful. I look forward to your weekly posts on how your Sunday went! Thank you, WonkaKid.

Saw your scores yesterday :) had hoped to look for you but I was wrangling family who had no idea why I was trying to get them into the park till they saw the crowds coming in! They then understood :)

Incidentally -- and as many of you may already know -- there are no "rides" per se at Disneyland. There are only attractions. I asked a CM yesterday what his favorite ride was and he told me that there's only one ride in DL: Mr Toad's Wild Ride. Everything else is an attraction.

I don't know -- Big Thunder's "This here's the wildest attraction in the wilderness!!" just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?! ;)

Incidentally -- and as many of you may already know -- there are no "rides" per se at Disneyland. There are only attractions. I asked a CM yesterday what his favorite ride was and he told me that there's only one ride in DL: Mr Toad's Wild Ride. Everything else is an attraction.

It seems like a CM tells me this fact every trip; usually when I'm wearing my Mr Toad shirt.

I get text alerts for the Disneyland AP twitter account and I think every second day they're announcing that parking it full...

I also meant to mention that once again we spoke with two kids (who were with their moms -- I think the moms were sisters). They were headed for Peter Pan at rope drop. We suggested that they stay close to us and that we'd do what we could to see that they were first on the ride. But unfortunately, they fell far behind and, rather than the winding line that is typical, the queue went straight into the ride. Unfortunately there wasn't anything we could do for them. By the time they'd reached the ride, they were at least 100 people behind us. I hope they know that we at least tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter