individual cakes on wedding show

Originally posted by pirateofthecarolinas
Camlace,

Did private dining help you since you were on the Grand 1? What did you have for dinner to go with your beautiful desserts?

Lori

I placed a dinner order with Private Dining and asked the if I could order the mini wedding cakes through them and they said I had to contact the Bakery directly (which they connected me...so no problem). Both the Bakery and Private Dining had a note on my order that I had items from the other location so that my whole order would be coordinated.

For dinner...

My husband had - NY Sirloin Steak, cooked medium (it was done perfectly) with French Fries (normally comes with a baked potato, but if its not fried, he won't eat it ;) )

I had crab cakes and an entree portion House Salad with citrus vinagrette...yummy ::yes::

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ann and I am one half of the "Orange Couple" that was featured on the Food Network special.

Here is a picture of our mini cakes.

52444859.jpg

They were made to look like miniatures of our big cake.

52444067.jpg

52444217.jpg

52444206.jpg

While we did not love the special or the way it was edited, we do know we were very lucky in that after we agreed to participate (we were not paid nor were we given any discount since we had already made all our decisions and ready to pay) Disney did give us some upgrades and lovely surprises.

Since the other couple had a cake design similar to what we originally chose - and Disney wanted to show something different - they worked with us on the big castle design. That castle is amazing and weighs over 10 pounds!

Another thing Disney wanted to show was the mini cakes. They were adorable and delicious with almond cake and amaretto mousse.

We have one in our freezer waiting for our 1st anniversary!

Originally posted by bubbaloo311
Hi Everyone!

My name is Ann and I am one half of the "Orange Couple" that was featured on the Food Network special.

Another thing Disney wanted to show was the mini cakes. They were adorable and delicious with almond cake and amaretto mousse.

We have one in our freezer waiting for our 1st anniversary!

Hi Ann nice seeing you around here again! Your big cake was beautiful!!! I think it's great how they made your mini cakes match!!!! How cute.

I guess that's why the other person's mini cake looked a bit different. That explains it!

Yummmm!:hyper:

Hey Ann,

I loved the mini cakes when I saw them during your segment on the FoodTV special!!! They were soooo pretty! While mine were not nearly as ornate as yours they were still yummy ::yes::

Congrats on your wedding :D

Cindy

Originally posted by camlace
I just got back from Disney World and ordered the mini wedding cakes for dessert while cruising on the Grand1.

I am sorry I know this is OT but would you mind sharing with me how you booked your dinning options for the Grand 1? I am considering booking this or an illuminations cruise with a pontoon boat for our trip in Dec. When I called about dinning options with the pontoon boats all of the options the CM gave me included only sandwiches and I wanted something a little nicer. Also I don't know anything about the Grand 1 but my guess it is a Yacht and therefore would provide more warmth on a cool December evening correct?

TIA!

Cindy and Beattyfamily,

Thanks so much for the compliments and good wishes. I just have to thank Disney for the amazing job they did on our wedding!

And Cindy, I think the all white version of the cakes looked lovely. And buttercream tastes sooo much better than fondant. For the large cakes, they peel it off before serving.

camlace,

Thanks so much for the info and great picture! DD and I are going to dinner on her birthday at 1900 Park Fate and I think she would LOVE the little cake! Plus, it's the perfect size, no leftovers!

I'm so excited to surprise her with this, I can't wait to see the look on her face!

I have seen the individaul cakes (they are so beautiful!) and I have seen the Cinderella slipper dessert (again, so beautiful) but what are the "dog bones" mentioned here? Can someone describe what they are? Is there somewhere I can find the cake flavors and fillings? I would love to order on for DD's 1st b-day dinner, we will also be celebrating our anniversary so I thought one for DH. If I remember from the show thay had mentioned Baily's mousse as a filling...DH's favorite! Thank you in advanceThanks.

Do I have to call the wedding coordinator for a list? Is there a web site somewhere for flavors and prices?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter