individual cakes on wedding show

Jasminesmommy

<font color=red>My dh pops the can for me<br><font
On the food network wedding show they showed individual cakes with a castle on top.Can you buy these at any resturants and if so what is the cost? They look so yummy.

After last night I was waiting for someone to post that question, I was wondering it myself. I already ordered the cinderella's glass slippers for dds and bones for ds, but I fell in loved with the individual castle cakes. Hope someone knows the answer!

I'd call the Grand Floridian and ask to speak with someone in the bakery. Explain that you saw the special on Food Network and was interested in purchasing the small cakes.

I would think, though, that it may not be possible. Here's why. If you noticed, they baked a very large cake to make the individual ones. They actually split a layer of the cake in 1/2 or 1/3rds then assembled the individual cakes in a ring mold. This is a lot of work. It may not be cost efficient for them to bake a whole cake for one or two mini cakes. But I don't know the policy and how things operate in the bakery. As with anything else, it is absolutely worth calling about!

Besides, the (wedding) cakes from the GF are absolutely decadent. I ordered an anniversary cake for my parents in 2001 with the yellow cake and white chocolate mousse filling - it was TO DIE FOR! And they decorate soooooooo beautifully!

Please post when you find out about the mini cakes.........thanks!

Those cakes were amazing. Scanne.......it might not be that hard for them to have cakes premade and in the freezer for folks to get. I think they were adorable and wonder how much they cost. When they said that wedding was 70,000.00 I almost feel off my seat and then wondered who paid for it!!!:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by Betsyt82
When they said that wedding was 70,000.00 I almost feel off my seat and then wondered who paid for it!!!:eek: :eek:

LOL, me too! $70,000 for a wedding (even a Disney wedding!)...that's more than we paid for our first house back in '93!!:eek:

They really went all out though, with the characters and all, plus the menu choices for the guests.

I told my dh "Geesh, hope they don't end up getting divorced in 7 years"....sounds horrible, but when you look at the statistics...:rolleyes:

I had a Disney Wedding, now it wasn't $70,000 mind you but I have to tell you the cake was the best cake I've ever had!!! We had a yellow cake with white chocolate mousse filling and buttercream frosting..........the people at the reception are still talking about how good it was and it was almost a year ago.

In answer to your question, no you can not get them just anywhere but if you call the Grand Floridian Bakery you will be able to order them individually. I am going to call the GFB to see if I can order a small cake for our 1 year anniversary this year.

Call the Grand Floridian and ask for the bakery....
407-824-3000

HTH

I missed that show! Could someone please explain in a little more detail about the cake?? How big is it etc?? My DH and I are celebrating or 25th wedding anniversary when we go to WDW next January and will be staying 1 night (the night before we leave to go on a 7 day Disney cruise) at the GF- it would be so wonderful to have that waiting in the room when we checked in!
THANKS ALL!

YES!!! those cakes were SOOOOOOOOO cute!

They looked as though they were about 3" in diameter and they were all white (fondant around the outside) with a moose filling sandwiched with a white cake. The top of the cake had cinderella's castle on it (the castle was made of sugar with the same colors of the castle). They looked so good and each person that went to that wedding got one.

Joy

I called the GF and the individual castle cakes are $25.00. Since I have three kids $75.00 for dessert is little too rich for my blood. I'll stick with the $8.00 cinderella slippers and dog bones. I wouldn't want DH to go into cardiac arrest!

I didn't see the special but do you think one cake would be enough for two people for dessert?

Its pretty small but after a meal I don't see why not. I probably won't be able to finish it

I just talked to a manager at Grand Floridain and he went to the bakery to aks about the cakes.He said they just started making those and they run $30 each. They are a 3in individual cake and you need 48 hours notice to make them. I also found out if you want a 10inch cake with a chocalete castle on it it will cost $145.The chocalete castle alone was $100. I wish I were rich. Hope this helps all who like me wanted to know.

Those prices sound SO high!

I ordered an 8" cake for my parent's 30th wedding anniversary from the GF bakery in Dec. 01. It was the yellow cake with white chocolate mousse filling and a white chocolate castle on top. Now this castle was NOT the 3D one (I'm guessing the one that costs $100) but it was more like a 2D mold that they stood on the top of the cake. I don't think the cake cost me more than $30-40. I have a picture of the cake. I will try to scan it later and post it here. It was delicious!!!!!!

hi scanne:wave:
i would love to see the picture of your cake::yes:: i am planning on ordering a birthday cake for my dh in october:D

thanks eve::MinnieMo

I just got back from Disney World and ordered the mini wedding cakes for dessert while cruising on the Grand1.

My husband had a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, frosted in buttercream (not fondant) with buttercream roses and a white chocolate (hollow) Cinderella's Castle.

I had a yellow cake with strawberry and buttercream filling, frosted in buttercream (not fondant) with buttercream roses and a white chocolate (hollow) Cinderella's Castle.

Each cake was $25 and I had to place the order directly from the Bakery at the Grand Floridian 48 hours in advance.

Here they are....

f7f8655f.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing! They look beautiful! They appear slightly different than the wedding show...the castles on the cakes in the wedding were painted blue.

Thanks again!

Camlace,

Did private dining help you since you were on the Grand 1? What did you have for dinner to go with your beautiful desserts?

Lori

What are the glass slippers some of you are talking about?? I would really love to get one! I love cinderella!! Is it a dessert in a glass slipper? Thanks!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Originally posted by deedeew80
What are the glass slippers some of you are talking about?? I would really love to get one! I love cinderella!! Is it a dessert in a glass slipper? Thanks!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Go half way down on on THIS thread and you'll see it!

Originally posted by beattyfamily
Thanks so much for sharing! They look beautiful! They appear slightly different than the wedding show...the castles on the cakes in the wedding were painted blue.

Thanks again!

The Bakery called me after I placed the order to let me know that the cake would be slightly different and that they would use buttercream roses instead of the silk flowers that were used for the FoodTV special. I had no problem with this...I love buttercream, so the more the better :D As dar as I can tell the castle was the same hollow white chocolate mold that was used for the special, just without the blue coloring...I assume I could of asked for special coloring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter