Increased ticket prices coming soon?

Turns out leaks starting happening the Monday before the weekend of the price increase last year.

Interesting. Do you think the lack of leaks means it's less likely it's happening this weekend? Or do you think your sources are likely correct? They're keeping me on pins and needles, lol.

Interesting. Do you think the lack of leaks means it's less likely it's happening this weekend? Or do you think your sources are likely correct? They're keeping me on pins and needles, lol.
Well sources on wdwmagic said its very very likely it happens this weekend but they aren't confirmed on that but said it should be definitely increased before Easter. This was the first time I saw a specific time so I believe it's possible it will happen anytime now. As wdwnt says they think it will happen at Disneyland first. I can see that but WDW shouldn't be far behind if at all.

Well sources on wdwmagic said its very very likely it happens this weekend but they aren't confirmed on that but said it should be definitely increased before Easter. This was the first time I saw a specific time so I believe it's possible it will happen anytime now. As wdwnt says they think it will happen at Disneyland first. I can see that but WDW shouldn't be far behind if at all.
A few of those WDWMagic sources are pretty reliable too.

I have sources on wdwmagic, wdwnt, parkscope, others on Twitter (not sure on the credibility of those though).
Did you see the one stating that experiences could be fewer on "cheaper" days? I saw the AnotherVoice post that and I definitely hope that that is incorrect!

DISDINING Just released this information. I cannot believe they are raising AP's when they just did a few months ago. Disney trips were are #1 vacation destination and now we are going to have to really step back and decide if it is even worth it anymore.

http://www.************.com/major-ticket-price-changes-on-the-way-for-walt-disney-world-resort/
It looks like this isn't a website that can be displayed. I need to search for it - I also can't believe that they would raise AP prices so soon!

The Disney dining article does specifically state AP would be included. Wdwnt doesn't say AP but says all forms of tickets. I would read that as AP included

The bloggers are filling in details that aren't there.

They may bump passes again...but that is unlikely considering an October increase...the second time In 8 months...logically was a precursor to what they do now. And they weren't small increase...hefty in Florida and huge in California. I think it's very likely you'll see another increase later in the year - once they have a chance to crunch sale numbers on the tiers.

But here's where they screwed up - annual passes...are not "tickets"...it's semantics, but important.

Tickets have limited number of use for a certain number of days. Passes do not. They allow free access within a large chunk of the calendar year if not the whole one.

Again...it's a minor detail...but an important one.

I wouldn't discount it completely...but they do not do these things without tens of thousands of man hours invested looking at these things like a gynecological exam...

Pass increases don't line up in the scenario we've been following. There is some method to the madness.

Unless espn is loosing more subscribers...maybe the Warriors are just boring?

I agree with what you are saying but they did raise AP rates in February 2015 and then again 8 months later in October.

Wouldn't be shocked to see them do t again

The Disney dining article does specifically state AP would be included. Wdwnt doesn't say AP but says all forms of tickets. I would read that as AP included

But as correctly pointed out...they just took another blog and did a lazy job of trying to "make it there own"

Anybody want to hear the lecture about "insiders" again?

I hope not...I'm tired.

I don't think we will see AP increase but it wouldn't surprise me.

I agree with what you are saying but they did raise AP rates in February 2015 and then again 8 months later in October.

Wouldn't be shocked to see them do t again

No...wouldn't be shocked at all.

But they are somewhat predictable...even moreso since boring bob took over...

Many of us have been tracking/hunting the beast for many years...some of us used to be part of the beast...

Another pass increase could cause them stock problems...stock analysts can very easily conclude that it's a panic move caused by even bigger problems in other sectors...and the problems are well known and squarely under the glass for the last six months.

Disney stock price is still down $27 a share since August and they have been unable to gain any traction. One comment about cable has cost investors billions in liquid value. They won't be eager to create anymore instability. 3 pass increases that quickly would do just that...they can't use the "demand" justification...it will
Look like a cash grab that could erode longterm revenues by driving loyal customers away.

Not raising AP rates because of effect on stock does make sense. Now if they can only hold off until after August so I can upgrade during my August trip. Lol

Where is the equilibrium point of falling demand against the AP holders? I have to believe when AP levels drop you will see static price points and likely no action to raise individual tickets.

Well, they've already dropped by 'two' in our household as of this month. Totally disgusted by 'making' us get (and pay for) the MM photo package to renew our APs. Nope, not going to do it - don't use/need it. Rather take our own personal photos.

No trip planned now in the foreseeable future.

Not raising AP rates because of effect on stock does make sense. Now if they can only hold off until after August so I can upgrade during my August trip. Lol

Don't feel bad about that for a second...it's a CONSUMER relationship and the consumer has to be able to "take advantage" of the seller from time to time or the model collapses in on itself.

It's a complicated thing going on right now...for sure. They can't have unfettered ability to raise prices. Even the staunchest defenders around her will eventually snap out of the haze and realize that they are being screwed to make rich men more rich. Diminishing returns eventually anger everyone. No matter how loyal you are.

Our annuals are up in April and we hadn't planned to renew due to the latest increase rolled out last October, and I had finally convinced my husband that there is a big world out there and maybe we don't need to give our full 4 weeks of vacation to Disney every year! Question is with this maybe being another increase does it make sense to buy the annual voucher over the phone tomorrow and hold on to it for a while? How long do you have before you need to activate the voucher though?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter