In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate, VOL 8...It's Never Too Late To Start Again!

Okay. Drank all my water today. Ended up swapping my run for a core workout, but will run tomorrow. I'm still messing around with my training schedule.

Nancy-Maybe you said and I missed it, where did you do the 8 miles? TM or outside?

EE-sounds like an awesome workout...Within a couple months you will be running for 20 minutes and walking 3!

Erika- Just lots of good thoughts and prayers for your biopsy.

I'm back to work tomorrow, Ive been off a couple days with a sick little D but she's better now. The power of antibiotics amazes me everytime. So I work through friday and then have a long weekend. Woo-Hoo! Thinking of heading to the outlets for a few new additions to my running wardrobe.

Hi all:wave2:

I'm guessing this is a thread for talking about health and weight loss? I hope it is :goodvibes

So, about 2 years ago I made the decision to make a change in my life and lose weight. After 6 months of dieting and exercise, I lost 50 lbs:cool1: Since then, I've done a decent job of keeping it off. I've probably gained 10lbs of it back:eek:, but it could be worse. I actually haven't been on a scale lately, it would probably help if I got a new one and started weighing myself again. The problem is I haven't been too active lately but I'm trying to get more active again. I'm on a 1500 calorie a day diet and my biggest problem lately is actually eating that much some day:laughing: I usually have decent size dinners but my breakfast and lunch never consists of a lot, but I'm working on it!

So, hi again and I look forward to coming here and asking questions and talking to everyone:goodvibes

Welcome! Don't forget to fill out the Bio. We are a weight loss and healthy lifestyle thread, but we share so much more.

I've been lurking around for a little bit and I hope you guys don't mind another joining you. It'll definitely be nice to have people to share my adventures with. So let me introduce myself(sorry if this is so long!)...

Poppinspal aka: Megan or Meg
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 155 (weighed myself today for the first time in months!)
Personal Stats: Single, busy working girl.
Reside in: I live just north of Boston, MA
Favorite Park: it's a toss up between Magic Kingdom or MGM (yes, I know, Hollywood Studios)
But I Love: Expedition Everest... I could ride it a million times in a row
Passions: I love team sports... both playing and watching. I really enjoy music and concerts, I enjoy so many types. (But I can't sing to save my life.) I also love to read and will try most anything. But I enjoy historical novels, vampire books, Harry Potter and Percy Jackson type books.
Weight loss plan and goals: I guess my weight goal is 135. I was that weight when I met my ex-boyfriend and I'd like to get back there and then maybe get back to 125(my college days weight). As for my plan...I'm registered for a half marathon in June and I'd like to run the whole thing, no real time goal. So I'm running, doing strength exercises and playing hockey to get ready. I'd also like to stick to eating healthy, I'd gotten away from it for too long.

So that's me, thanks for letting me jump in here.

Welcome Megan! Kat also plays hockey.

Back later. Phone posting is brutal.

Okay. Drank all my water today. Ended up swapping my run for a core workout, but will run tomorrow. I'm still messing around with my training schedule.

Nancy-Maybe you said and I missed it, where did you do the 8 miles? TM or outside?

EE-sounds like an awesome workout...Within a couple months you will be running for 20 minutes and walking 3!

Erika- Just lots of good thoughts and prayers for your biopsy.

I'm back to work tomorrow, Ive been off a couple days with a sick little D but she's better now. The power of antibiotics amazes me everytime. So I work through friday and then have a long weekend. Woo-Hoo! Thinking of heading to the outlets for a few new additions to my running wardrobe.

I hope so Amy. I hope lil bit continues to feel better.

WOW, welcome new friends!

Megan--which Half do you want to do in June? Plymouth, Worcester, or Boston? I'm just north of Boston, too (very southern Maine) and so I know most of the races coming up. BTW, I am also 5'2" and looking to get to 125. Not too far to go, but you know the deal...at this height, it always looks like more than it is.

Welcome to you both. Stick around.

As long as we are talking recipes and meal plans tonight--

Made a wonderful homemade vegetarian minestrone. Paired it with a great salad. Yum, filling, and super low in calories and points.

The salad--mixed field greens, roasted pecans (in a 400* oven for 8 minutes--really brings out the flavor), craisins and feta. Super easy. Then I made raspberry vinagrette (raspberry vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, and a little sugar). The whole thing took nothing to throw together. Served it for 7 people and it took 20 minutes to make. I also served a homemade multi-grain bread, but passed on it myself. Put that in the bread machine earlier this afternoon.

Ok, off to get Riley from snowboarding. Yes, it's that time of year again. (They go for PE to one of the local ski resorts.)

I have such a love-hate with this program. Love that the school takes the kids skiing and snowboarding--and to a real ski mountain, etc. But OMG, they leave at the end of the school day for last period and don't get home until 9pm. And are expected to do their HW on the bus. Brutal.

EE--awesome workout!!! Love that you are still in love with the bike. But honey, you have to get your miles in on your feet! Not your seat! :rotfl2: :lmao: Long walk of 6 miles this week, k?

Amiee! Awesome on the beverage choices! Question on the jogging torture. Was it mental or physical?

TM. Stephen ran next to me for the first 5 miles, then another friend jumped on for the final 3. :thumbsup2 The support was priceless.:lovestruc

EE--awesome workout!!! Love that you are still in love with the bike. But honey, you have to get your miles in on your feet! Not your seat! :rotfl2: :lmao: Long walk of 6 miles this week, k?

:rotfl2: Watch out EE - she's threatened to commandeer my whistle:eek:

Dinner talk. We had brown rice, steamed snow peas and a soy/honey glazed salmon. YUM! The salmon was a bit higher in points than I typically would want, but since I earned a few extra today that's how I chose to *spend* them. Surprised I didn't choose wine? Me too :laughing:

and hi to those of you just joining us :upsidedow

Absolutely E. I've been good about skipping the bike over the last week or so. It's the jogging part that is killing me. My goal by month end is to average a 14 min mile over 7 miles. Yes, number crunching! I want to get at least 2 mins of jogging in per mile (no matter how slow I am, :rotfl2:). I'm at 5 miles now.

Hi Megan and New Girl from NY! (Guessing here, based on your tag!)

You are so welcome! Tell us every little thing! Weigh in on Monday with us! Tell us daily goals! Play our reindeer games!

Goals today - rocked 'em.
Tracking, check!
Sleep, on target!
Gym, check!

Tomorrow:

Gym
Tracking
Sleep
Drink Water

Nancy - it was completely mental - 100%. We are getting a weather break later this week, so I am going to bundle up a bit and head to the track at campus instead of the treadmill.

Good Lord. I've gone and done something, now my screen is giant! It's like sitting in the front row of the movies. I'm so freakin' talented :rolleyes1

Erika-I'm registered to do the Boston half. This is my first half marathon and I wanted to do something in a place I was familiar with. I'm also registered to do a 5k St. Patrick's Day run in Somerville in March. Up till this point I haven't done any races actually in the Boston area, it's kind of odd. (Unless you count Cape Cod.) Congrats on being so close to your goal! I don't mind being so short but short and carrying extra weight makes me feel a bit bowling ball-ish. :)

I suppose I'll share with everyone that I stayed home sick from work today with a fever and a cough but decided to do a run on the treadmill anyways. Turned out to be my best run I've had lately. I'm not going to try to find a reason for it, I'll just be happy about it.

Nancy - it was completely mental - 100%. We are getting a weather break later this week, so I am going to bundle up a bit and head to the track at campus instead of the treadmill.

well then. Completely mental. huh. so. we need to get over this.

ok, this wonky screen thing is annoying me. I have to figure out what the heck I did. :headache:

Erika-I'm registered to do the Boston half. This is my first half marathon and I wanted to do something in a place I was familiar with. I'm also registered to do a 5k St. Patrick's Day run in Somerville in March. Up till this point I haven't done any races actually in the Boston area, it's kind of odd. (Unless you count Cape Cod.) Congrats on being so close to your goal! I don't mind being so short but short and carrying extra weight makes me feel a bit bowling ball-ish. :)

I suppose I'll share with everyone that I stayed home sick from work today with a fever and a cough but decided to do a run on the treadmill anyways. Turned out to be my best run I've had lately. I'm not going to try to find a reason for it, I'll just be happy about it.

TOTAL rockstar, Megan!

Hey, one of my BFFs lives in Norwood! I go up there every other month (but never manage to see Erika, or Nancy, who I drive by! Bad me!!!)

Nancy - you know that in a month I'll be asking you for computer help, right? ;)

Lyz and Lisa - Did you see V on American Idol tonight? LOVE HER. Bobblehead and all.

:grouphug: Great attitude!
Paula - what's on the menu for family dinner tonight? [/COLOR]

Dinner was pasta with sausage and meatballs. I had JC salsbury steak and a salad. Neither were really appetizing to me. Oh well - the company was good.

Kelly - sending you hugs...:hug: My sister went through something similar. We joke about the time she went in for her **** job... No worries, just laughter.

E - you too...:hug:

Welcome to the new folks nice to have you here.

Not much going on here tonight. Had a great strength training workout tonight, but ran out of time to get my walk in before the gym closed. Guess I will get that in tomorrow night.

Gotta run - off to catch up on some things and then crash for the night.

Catch you all tomorrow.

Welcome, Megan (Meg?)!! I play hockey as well, which has been mentioned. I am not very good at it, as I have only been playing probably 2 years total. I started at age 28, with no skating experience nor had I ever played a sport, and took a few years off when I got married (I am 34 now).

Do you play co-ed or women's? I started with co-ed (how I met my husband actually), but now I play women's. Surprisingly, there is a women's hockey organization here in NC, as well as 7 rinks in this area.

I was actually supposed to go to a hockey practice tonight, but was really tired when I got home from work, ate a quick dinner, and took a nap... and overslept. By the time I got my gear and such together and in the car, I would have been screeing into the parking lot about 10 min before it started (which is NOT enough time for me to get dressed).

However, I decided to go to the gym instead.

EE, great job on the workout!! We will kick this thing yet.

E, sending good thoughts about the biopsy.

Dinner... lame. Micro'd baked potato w/ ff promise and ff sour cream, and a Hormel Compleat (yes, that's how you spell it) meal, turkey w/ stuffing.

Okay, so goals:
Calories: Under
Gym: Check
Water: 80oz+

I cheaped out today and did the elliptical instead of the treadmill. Why is it that I can go 3.4 miles on the elliptical in 45 min (it said I burned 470 cals but I don't believe it) and am tired but not dead, but the treadmill kicks my behind soundly? The elliptical must be easier...

Good Morning!

Oh an you might want to sit down for this ~

Are you ready?

I don't want anybody to fall.

Here goes! I haven't had a latte since I don't remember when and before that I only had 1 or two that week. I usually have 9 skinny lattes or cappuccinos a week. Saturday, I had an iced coffee made by my favorite barista who just returned from Smith College (proud of her! Told her she needed to get college in before she was old like me and she did it). Scary how I know so much about people at my local hang outs, lol. I've switched to Sugar Free General Foods International Coffees. <THUD> I have a sugar free Cafe Vienna for about 60 calories (it's a big one!) and I am satisfied.

Awesome job! :thumbsup2

Hi all:wave2:

I'm guessing this is a thread for talking about health and weight loss? I hope it is :goodvibes

So, about 2 years ago I made the decision to make a change in my life and lose weight. After 6 months of dieting and exercise, I lost 50 lbs:cool1: Since then, I've done a decent job of keeping it off. I've probably gained 10lbs of it back:eek:, but it could be worse. I actually haven't been on a scale lately, it would probably help if I got a new one and started weighing myself again. The problem is I haven't been too active lately but I'm trying to get more active again. I'm on a 1500 calorie a day diet and my biggest problem lately is actually eating that much some day:laughing: I usually have decent size dinners but my breakfast and lunch never consists of a lot, but I'm working on it!

So, hi again and I look forward to coming here and asking questions and talking to everyone:goodvibes

I've been lurking around for a little bit and I hope you guys don't mind another joining you. It'll definitely be nice to have people to share my adventures with. So let me introduce myself(sorry if this is so long!)...

Poppinspal aka: Megan or Meg
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 155 (weighed myself today for the first time in months!)
Personal Stats: Single, busy working girl.
Reside in: I live just north of Boston, MA
Favorite Park: it's a toss up between Magic Kingdom or MGM (yes, I know, Hollywood Studios)
But I Love: Expedition Everest... I could ride it a million times in a row
Passions: I love team sports... both playing and watching. I really enjoy music and concerts, I enjoy so many types. (But I can't sing to save my life.) I also love to read and will try most anything. But I enjoy historical novels, vampire books, Harry Potter and Percy Jackson type books.
Weight loss plan and goals: I guess my weight goal is 135. I was that weight when I met my ex-boyfriend and I'd like to get back there and then maybe get back to 125(my college days weight). As for my plan...I'm registered for a half marathon in June and I'd like to run the whole thing, no real time goal. So I'm running, doing strength exercises and playing hockey to get ready. I'd also like to stick to eating healthy, I'd gotten away from it for too long.

So that's me, thanks for letting me jump in here.

Welcome! Jump in, post lots, ask lots of questions! This is a great thread!

So I woke up this morning with the dreaded lurg! Sore throat, cough, sore chest, headache - blah! I may change my planned exercise from Pilates because I feel a bit dizzy - probably go for a walk instead to clear my head!

AMY - You know what made me delightfully happy when I woke up this morning and logged on here - I CAN SEE YOUR SIGNATURE!!!!! Yesterday it was cut off so I couldn't see it but today I can! Good times :lovestruc

Im sure ive missed lots, but I will read back again later! I love everyone posting their meals, im making lots of notes here!

Have a great day everyone! :)

TOTAL rockstar, Megan!

Hey, one of my BFFs lives in Norwood! I go up there every other month (but never manage to see Erika, or Nancy, who I drive by! Bad me!!!)

I have bunch of family that live in the Norwood area. I'm down that way a lot because we have so many family events. I'm north of Norwood though.

Kat-I actually didn't start playing on a team till I was in my teens. There was no girls teams in my town and my dad was nervous about letting me play with boys. (Not because I'm delicate but because he thought guys who target me because I am aggressive.) So when I was a teenager my dad and I started my towns program so girls could play. When my met my ex-boyfriend I stopped playing for awhile because well I stopped doing lots of things when we got together.

So now I play Thursday nights in a weekly game organized by one of my old coaches/family friend. His daughter and I are the only girls. Its probably higher paced hockey then I've played in forever but it's good for me. He also lets me sub in on his Tuesday night games when they need players. I have to be honest I'm a bit nervous about joining a women's league but I think eventually I'll probably just do it.

I woke up this morning and my chest congestion is worse not better so I'm glad I don't have a run on the menu tonight. I'm keeping my goals simple today.

Goals:
Stay on target with calories
Drink plenty of water

Have a great day everyone, thanks everyone for being so welcoming!
Get to bed early, not on time but early

Megan, I am SURE you are much better than I!! I mostly just do it for fun and exercise.

Kelly, sorry you are feeling poorly. Lurg, though... can't say I have ever heard that one before!! :laughing:

I forgot one of my goals for today, which was to eat breakfast and drink at least 32 oz of water BEFORE going to the gym at lunch. I think one of the reasons my gym experience on Monday lunch was so heinous was because I hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter