I'm in love with BWV

Our home base is BCV but we do equally enjoy the BWV. I really wish they would add a counter service area like they just did at BCV. It is not an easy task to get your mug refilled at the bakery, the store is so small that it is often not worth going into it to get your mug filled.

Terry

"Watch the tram car please" Is this what you are referring to as missing? I'm an LBI person but sure go to OC for their Boardwalk!

Terry O

Not bad...

But not what DW and I had noticed.

"Pedi cabs? Or do the surry bikes kind of replace them?"

Also a good observation, but remeber, we noticed a certain smell missing.

Maybe I'll start another thread... :scratchin

I feel in love with BWV before I joined, that's why I bought there.

We use to go to Wildwood, NJ when I was child (many, many years ago!!) and my guess as to what is missing at the Disney Boardwalk is the smell of the ocean in the air or possibly saltwater taffy or fudge being made.

maminnie

We use to go to Wildwood, NJ when I was child (many, many years ago!!) and my guess as to what is missing at the Disney Boardwalk is the smell of the ocean in the air or possibly saltwater taffy or fudge being made.

maminnie

Ding-Ding-Ding! We have a winner! :banana:

Looks like I won't have to start another thread after all...

When DW amd I bought at BWV almost 10 years ago, we remarked to our guide (Kim Moore) that all the "Boardwalk" was missing to truly resemble the NJ bordwalk was the smell of the salt air. Well it's been 10 years, and it seems as if the Imagineers :idea: aren't interested in generating such a device to create this effect.

As for the candy, they do have the fudge and such on the sweets shop on the Boardwalk don't they, but they are missing the homemade demonstrations you get at the Jersey Shore. As for me, I can't get enough of "creamy mint sticks." They are salt water taffy's minty cousin, and living 1/2 hour from Atlantic City I like to keep myself stocked, but I am alomost out of my current supply. :eek:

Good thinking - maminnie! :thumbsup2

It's not the smell of salt in the air..it's the taste of salt in your mouth after an invigorating swim in the ocean! I love the Jersey Shore!!!

I, too, would certainly not complain about counter service being added at the Boardwalk.

However, with or without it, the Boardwalk is my hands-down favorite as well.

I really love it there. So convenient to my two favorite parks, too!

I stayed at Boardwalk 8 times before buying last year. We do love the location but for our family , hanging out on the Boardwalk in the evening watching the entertainment ,the people , and playing games is the best!!!

Being from Jersey and having the NJ Boardwalk as a regular part of our lives, we've always said that there was always just one thing that was missing to make the WDW Boardwalk a true replica.

They have the sight of the wooden boards, the sounds of the seagulls and marina, the taste of the corndog/french fry stand ...

Anyone else familiar with the NJ Baordwalk notice what's missing? :idea:

The ocean, the cheese steaks & fries with vinegar!

I remember the first time that our family of four visited WDW in 2001. I didn't know ANYTHING about WDW, and we stayed at the Grosvenor simply because it looked close to Disney. During our trip we took the boat from EPCOT to MGM, and I was absolutely astounded by the beauty of BWV. I'll never forget it, and when it came time to make a DVC purchase, the memory of our first encounter of BWV made our decision an easy one.

The resorts affect people differently, and everyone seems to have that one resort that just grabs them. In our case, it was BWV.

We like all the DVC resorts, and just recently purchased an add-on at SSR. It is safe to say, however, that BWV is the resort that made us want to be members.

I truly believe each resort has its good points and weaknesses but I LOVE the Boardwalk....good and bad...yes I would love to have a counterservice similar to Beach Club or even like Gasparillas at the GF where you can sit outside by the marina. Anyone here remember the area before the Boardwalk was built? There was some kind of tram that went from Epcot over to Swan/Dolphin. I remember riding on it and having already heard about the plans for the Boardwalk resort and thought it was the tackiest idea Disney ever had, that it would "ruin"the ambiance of the YC/BC area. How things change!! And now I also know to never underestimate the imagineering of Disney...I think the Boardwalk is just the right amount of elegance (lobby!!) and seaside charm...I'll be there in 7 short days!!!

BWV is our first home too and we love it there!! In fact we are returning home in 64 days!!!! I can't wait!!! The location, the views, entertainment of BW, our whole family loves it there. Now we also enjoy exploring the other DVC resorts and truly find fantastic things at each one, but BWV is HOME and there is always something special about returning there. :)

Our family just loves the BWV too. We absolutely love the atmoshpere and the boardwalk at night. Nothing is better than coming home at night to all the fun entertainment!!

I debated about buying into DVC for 2 years because SSR was the only resort available(and the only thing I didn't like about SSR was the location) and then my guide mentioned the BWV and I bought that day.(Site unseen too).

We bought at SSR & OKW, after staying at BW with BWview that was it. We visit Disney about 6 times per year and stay at least 4 or 5 of them at BW. We have no problem with 7 month reservations.

facebook twitter