• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm back....

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Well, for starters, I absolutely LOVE travelling solo. I will have it no other way now. I loved everything about it (especially always getting a spot in a restaurant without ever waiting!).
I wish that there had never been a hurricane to ruin things, or spending 3 days stuck in a hotel with nothing to do, and that I had not been delayed getting home, or missing 12 hours of a critical hospital practicum, but all in all, the trip was fantastic.
I loved being able to hear all the sounds, doing what I wanted to do when I wanted to do them. I also loved the carefree way in which I took my time and still managed to get all the things done that I wanted to get done.
I got some great souvenires (thanks everyone for the tip on the Art of Disney, I got the best pictures) and I was not shy in asking people to take my photos. I ran into characteres everywhere without a single other person there (including Mickey) and got so many photos with characters. It was wonderful.
I did the passport at the World Pavilions and loved it. I tried to either buy a souvenire or taste the food at every pavilion and managed ok with that (ok, actually I did it).
I met a couple of other solo travellers while I was there and had a great t ime.
I survived the tropical storm that shut everything up for 3 days, and was really disappointed with the outcome of that whole thing, but also understood the concern of the citizens of Florida.
All in all, the trip was great, but I am also very happy to be home. I am planning another trip to WDW in 2006 to experience the new ride (The Himalayas???), plus do some things that I never had the chance to do.
Thanks everyone for the tips, and will continue to see you on this board.
Jo

Where did you stay? Where did you eat? What places were particularly good/bad for a solo diner? As my other thread indicates, I've found that I enjoy my solo trips more and more each time I go, so now I HAVE to have them.

Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good time, despite the hurricane.

Where did you stay? Where did you eat? What places were particularly good/bad for a solo diner? As my other thread indicates, I've found that I enjoy my solo trips more and more each time I go, so now I HAVE to have them

I stayed at the Comfort Inn LBV (will never stay here again). the hotel was exactly what I was expecting, but it was booked for $39 a night and I booked it on the pretense that I would only need to sleep there. But, with the hurricane, I ended up staying in the room for 3 days. I ended up getting a room at the Hard Rock Hotel in USO when I found out I had to stay a couple of extra nights.
The most memorable place that I ended up eating was at Le Cellier in the Canadian pavilion. The steak was absolutely to die for. I had the Steak Burger and Moosehead beer and have been craving it ever since. I also ate at Rose and Crown and was disappointed. I was really looking forward to eating here and was not pleased with it at all. I really liked the layered margarita at the mexican pavilion, but it wasn't the best one that I had ever had either. Loved the German Bratwurst. I could have eaten that everyday. otherwise, everywhere else that I ate wasn't very memorable, except Chef Mickey's.
Chef Mickey's was great. hey never forgot about me, and actually spent quite a bit of time with me too. The servers always offered to take my photos and I really liked that I could take my time there as well. Well recommended for a solo character dinner.
I never had any problems anywhere being a solo diner or a solo traveller. In fact, I found that people and workers were more willing to help or talk to me.
The only time I encountered anything uncomfortable is when a man was yelling at me in the WS to come over because he would keep me company - in front of children. This reallt shows respect. The other time, and only other time, was in USO when a ride worker (at the Mummy) actually told me he was "sorry" for me because I had no one to share my experience with. I told him that I was making out fine, but thanked him for his concern.
Otherwise, this was a great trip. despite the hurricane. I am already planning my next one for April 2006 - or whenever the Himalayas ride opens up in the AK is around the time I will go back.
I will, however, stay on resort property next time. I will have a car as well to have the luxury to go off property too (that freedom was amazing). The feeling is different when staying right on property and it's something that felt like it was missing this time round.
Anyways, thanks again everyone, and I look forward to planning my next trip with you again!
Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter