I'm at VGF2 now! Ask me!

I think they should go back to the 2021 chart for VGF1 and use the new chart for BPK. I think the VGF1 Studio is 1 point higher in September.

That could work if they leave BPK alone and adjust just VGF1...but the problem is that there have been date changes in the new charts so they can't just "go back". They still need to balance VGF1 and nothing can change more than 20% from one year to the next. Some of those fall dates that were raised and summer dates lowered since the 2021 chart took two years..so its not as easy at is sounds.

What they basically could do, I believe, is to use the excess lock off points that exist (they can't add more) so that the spread is the same, but add 1 point to a studio and take one from a 1 bedroom....but if there are dedicated studios/1 bedrooms....I am not sure...then they have to figure it would differently.

Let's just say, at this point, getting resort studios and deluxe studios to be different amounts will not be an easy task.

We had no difficulty booking a VGF 1br next May.

I was a bit concerned we might since the two early December weeks that had been pretty points-cheap were switched to the first two weeks of May.

Until any thrill associated with VGF2 wears off, I doubt there'll be a big crunch to book the VGF multi-brs.

After all, we VGF veterans are accustomed to charging in at window-opening to book anyway, small as the original resort is.

I'm thinking all of Disney's marketing the "marvelous new resort studios" may fool DVC newbies for a year or two. I'm still not that concerned there'll be a huge impact on booking VGF1. Not for a while, anyway.

We had no difficulty booking a VGF 1br next May.

I was a bit concerned we might since the two early December weeks that had been pretty points-cheap were switched to the first two weeks of May.

Until any thrill associated with VGF2 wears off, I doubt there'll be a big crunch to book the VGF multi-brs.

After all, we VGF veterans are accustomed to charging in at window-opening to book anyway, small as the original resort is.

I'm thinking all of Disney's marketing the "marvelous new resort studios" may fool DVC newbies for a year or two. I'm still not that concerned there'll be a huge impact on booking VGF1. Not for a while, anyway.
Hope so, we just recently added on to Riviera. Already owned at VGF and would have considered adding on, but not the way they added BPK. We have 2 resorts in MK area so we decided to add at Riviera.

We are staying for our first ever DVC stay for 4 days from Sept 5th Standard view, would it be worth trying to get a lagoon view instead or do you think that construction will have moved out a bit further away?
There are currently 2 days avail so would need to waitlist the other 2.

Many thanks in advance for any advice, we are coming from the UK and VGF2 is our new home resort so was hoping not to have too many problems
I'd check to see if you got the construction email. Who knows. Maybe they'll be ripping the roof off.

Reports have said that milk has been fine...not many yet...but a few...again, reports for noise have been some think its bad and some thought it was normal. I think it will be nice to have more reports...

Definitely need more data to come to any definitive conclusions on: noise and the beverage cooler situation.

Glad to have reports, but disappointed in the rush job by Disney.

And if these studios have issues with noise then I do think the pressure some feared my happen.

And while connecting rooms is never guaranteed, and this was only one report, I’d that request isn’t as sure of a thing like it’s been at Poly then those thinking this is an alternative to 2 bedrooms won’t risk it.

I think enough new owners (or currents owners who never stayed at VGF1), won’t know that there’s a noise problem or that the standard studios are any different.

These rooms appeal to a certain guest and noise issues are relative. Noisy to me is Pop Century.

I think enough new owners (or currents owners who never stayed at VGF1), won’t know that there’s a noise problem or that the standard studios are any different.

These rooms appeal to a certain guest and noise issues are relative. Noisy to me is Pop Century.

Maybe not the first time but if you can hear your neighbors, etc. some may decide to try for the deluxe studios instead

I know I will if I don’t like them in 2 1/2 weeks.

I usually take noise complaints with a grain of salt, since most people think Poly is noisy and I've never had an issue there, but RoseGold's detailed description of her neighbor making a phone call and ripping up papers has me reconsidering.

I just stayed one night in VGF2 on Wednesday night, and it was noisy. Hallway unit facing the pool, not a lobby villa. I didn’t hear or notice any construction, but I wasn’t in the room all that much during work hours because I got up early the next day for rope drop.

You can definitely hear the guests in the next room with the connecting door. I’m at Kidani now, and this is way quieter.

Mattresses were really nice. I’m sure the room design will appeal to some and turn away others, but I thought it was tasteful.

Getting to the monorail wasn’t a problem at all, it’s a short walk to the main building.

Bathroom was the highlight for me, I think that was really well done. The balcony felt small.

Overall, I wasn’t very impressed with it, and would prefer BLT by a landslide.

I'd check to see if you got the construction email. Who knows. Maybe they'll be ripping the roof off.
Yikes. Checking in 8/3 lagoon view. Did not receive email regarding construction. Hope it’s not that bad as we have resort days built in and will be sleeping in, or trying to on those days.

Have a standard view resort studio booked next month. I wasn’t going to do any room requests bc we don’t tend to hang out on our balcony in August so I never care about view in the summer time, but I’m thinking I will do a TP fax request that just says “as far away from Boca Chica as possible.”

Wanted to add one more thing to this thread and it has absolutely nothing to do with the rooms, construction, etc. but something neat that happened when we left yesterday. We got on the road at about 2:15 a.m. While we were walking to the parking lot w/our bags we saw 2 deer (does) just hanging out near the parking lot. Looked around to make sure we didn't see any bucks before we proceeded......

Nobody has tried to get a “not available” toaster yet?
At least one person has received a toaster upon request. But it wouldn't surprise me if the number of requests was quite low. Microwaves have many uses. Toasters don't (bread / bagels. Anything else?)

289060778_10159938923271341_1914693760472955880_n.jpg

Interesting microwave location. There is a shelf above the keurig where it is supposed to go.

Nobody has tried to get a “not available” toaster yet?

I have seen a few reports of success. They may simply not have that many so that is why it says “can’t be requested” so if they dont have them, then no one can be upset because they mention not being available.

I guess we shall see in 17 days when I stay for the one night!

Interesting microwave location. There is a shelf above the keurig where it is supposed to go.
That was before they were pre-installed in all rooms. The guest requested the microwave be left in that location.

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 3.51.15 PM.png

Last edited:
I think noise is an issue everywhere. I’m at VGF1 right now in a one bedroom and I can hear my kids when I’m outside the room.

We stayed Thuraday and Friday night in the resort studios. 2nd floor, connecting rooms, lagoon view. 9213 and 9215-the side closest to the Wedding Pavillion. No noise issues at all. We loved the rooms. Absolutely beautiful with zero issues regarding finishings. Our beverage cooler kept our items very cold. Mine was filled to capacity between our waters and Gideons. Didn't seem very cold when I first filled it, but when opened a few hours later, everything was as cold as a regular fridge. My son asked me to add on more points (original owner at VGF1 and he's never asked that before, lol) and my parents in our connecting room want to stay there again for sure. The CM's were over the top accommodating. We got the connecting rooms without even requesting them. Our microwave was there on the shelf above the kuerig and was stainless and not black. The TV was in front of my sons bed and not mine. I never watch TV so this made us both happy. I truly hope more people have experiences like ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter