I'm a visual learner...tie dye?

After you baste Mickey, when do you pull out the dental floss that you used to baste him with?

Must you do a Mickey on the front and back?

Thanks!

After you finish dying the shirt, CAREFULLY snip the dental floss and pull it out before dropping it in the washing machine (or however you decide to rinse).

I never did a Mickey on the back unless it was requested, so it's really up to you. I got much better results one layer at a time.

BUMP! :goodvibes

Going to attempt this weekend! :rotfl2::eek::woohoo::rolleyes1

(I still can't believe I've never done tie dye before!) Should be interesting with a 3 year old's help!

Hi,
I followed the directions and got some cute t-shirts made. Now the only question I have is how do u get your spirals so perfect? mine are so less defined.

Thanks for any help:)

Hi,
I followed the directions and got some cute t-shirts made. Now the only question I have is how do u get your spirals so perfect? mine are so less defined.

Thanks for any help:)

When I was making mine, I'd spread the shirt on the top of the work table and as I was twisting to the spiral, I would use my other hand to pleat, pleat, pleat. I wanted the "disk" to be no more than about 2" thick in order to get good dye application. I also worked with the shirts slightly damp (spun them out in the washer.

When I was making mine, I'd spread the shirt on the top of the work table and as I was twisting to the spiral, I would use my other hand to pleat, pleat, pleat. I wanted the "disk" to be no more than about 2" thick in order to get good dye application. I also worked with the shirts slightly damp (spun them out in the washer.

thanks for the tip! Im making my second batch today... will try this:)

So you use the bleach pen after you wash and dry...then how long do you leave it on? and then you wash again I assume

I'm looking forward to making some of these for our trip in August.

I think I'm going to do polo shirts for the whole family and maybe some T's for all of us or T's for the guys and tanks for the girls.

So much fun!

I think this will be a great project for the kids this summer while they are out of school for our next trip! Thanks for all the tips!

Your shirts are amazing!! I understand what you are saying about the pleats when you are doing the spiral. But can you please explain your die application. Are you making circles with you die and moving out? Thanks for your time.

I also made these dresses, it was a lot of work I got frustrated too just a little :rolleyes1 :cloud9: but they turned out cool, the first one has a lot of white the second one I added more dye.

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

These are absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you use a kit from Michaels or just buy the dye?
Thanks

I have read ALL THE WAY thru this thread. I've look at all the photos (that are still "live") and watched a video. I am using a colored shirt. I am wanting to use a single color dye. Has anyone done one of these in just ONE color? Any advice? I have the tie-dye supplies (I *totally* second whoever it was that uses Dharma for their stuff. LOVE their dyes and they sell some awesome ready to dye stuff other than t shirts!) already as I've done a few multi color projects in the past. Just not sure how the Mickey head will do with one color. And I've never done a stitched pattern thing before.

I saw a couple of families that were wearing these when on my honeymoon last year. I want to make some of our own. I'm thinking orange, green, and purple for Halloween, and red and green for Christmas. (And of course others too.) I loved seeing the pics. Can't wait to see how mine turn out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter