If you could change 1 thing!

I would just make sure that all resorts have queues for the buses so it's less of a mad house when the bus shows up and you've got people who've been waiting 10 minutes getting passed by people who just showed up. It gets ugly.
Yep - it always makes me SO angry when people seem to forget their manners!! Seen it happen TOO many times - mob rule rules!! :( :(

I would completely overhaul the restaurants and drastically increase the quality of the food and service.

I definitely would for the vast majority of Quick Service restaurants. The food really is poor and the majority of places I was recommended online did very generic food or food that people like due to the nostalgia.

I definitely would for the vast majority of Quick Service restaurants. The food really is poor and the majority of places I was recommended online did very generic food or food that people like due to the nostalgia.

Sautu'li was a big step up and seems to be pretty popular so hopefully they continue that with any new quick service locations and/or if they redo any others

Make the service levels more consistent. Hate to say it but I've noticed a huge variability in terms of service and each year it seems to dip down lower.

Some times you get an AMAZING experience with a CM who just can't do enough. But then you'll have a CM who is uninterested (excusable of course if they're having a bad day) but sometimes they can be downright rude!

The one change they can make that would have the biggest impact in my opinion is bringing back the more in-depth Traditions training. Many of the service related issues could be improved right there. Along those lines I think a reexamination of the level of agency CMs are given is also warranted. Are they empowered to make a problem right or just recite a company line?

At a more basic level I want FW at Epcot to return to Edutainment. Teach us something while you entertain us. I miss the days of World of Motion and the original WoL and don't want that Educational undertone to be replaced with thrill rides shilling IP. A boy can dream.

I would love to see a fast pass system much like the one at Universal. I'm sure it would be harder logistically since Disney is larger and busier, but the one at Universal works great and is a big perk.

Tony's would be my starting point. Now, there are several other restaurants on property that need major adjustment such as Hollywood and Vine :worried:, but Tony's takes priority simply because of its strategic location. I would change it to mimic DL's Cafe Orleans (except change it to a more fitting title), and offer all of Walt's favorite meals such as the famous Monte Cristo sandwich, chili, and other American classics.

My list is long here goes:

Overhaul the Menus: I get it, "picky" eaters but that does not mean we need to dumb down everyone else's palettes!
Bring back Spectro!
Discounts for teachers similar to the ones given to other civil service workers. They are just as important if not more so AND they have a smaller window of travel than any other profession.
More Busses at closing times.

Another one I thought of is to bring back Villains Unleashed. But don't do it for 1 night, do it for all of Halloween season or something. I'm sure they'd spin it into a hard ticket event but why couldn't it just be nighttime entertainment in HS for the Halloween season?

Also different themed character meals would be cool. Thinking Toy Story, Star Wars, mixed Pixar characters, Marvel (for the characters you can use or use them outside the parks).

Another one I thought of is to bring back Villains Unleashed. But don't do it for 1 night, do it for all of Halloween season or something. I'm sure they'd spin it into a hard ticket event but why couldn't it just be nighttime entertainment in HS for the Halloween season?
Or something you can do before MNSSHP. That way you don't lose time.

I have so many fond memories of parades at WDW. It's just not a MK day to me without a night time parade. I hope they come up with something great for the 50th. I'm probably in the minority but I LOVED Stars and Motorcars and Tapestry of Nations/Dreams.

Actually keep attractions/resorts up to date and renovate frequently instead of once in a while! Walt Disney World is amazing, but some of the magic goes away for me when I hear things about the monorail falling apart and the resorts looking old.

The one change they can make that would have the biggest impact in my opinion is bringing back the more in-depth Traditions training. Many of the service related issues could be improved right there. Along those lines I think a reexamination of the level of agency CMs are given is also warranted. Are they empowered to make a problem right or just recite a company line?

I was thinking along those lines too. I had the normal traditions classes. After that there was another class for everyone that worked in the Magic Kingdom. Although I haven't been back since 2000 I have heard how traditions is only 1 day now. How can you learn everything that used to take 3-4 days in 1? I've heard the quality of cast members have declined from people that have been there. It makes me :sad: to hear the quality of cast member has gone down. I wonder when I go back if it will be as bad as I've heard.

I’d drastically cut back on the number of college program/part time CMs, hire more full time, and bring back the original Traditions training program.
Agreed! Disney used to be more choosy when picking people for the CP. I knew a bunch of people that didn't get in that interviewed with me. At that time I think Disney was limited because they only had so much housing. On my advanced CP all of us were placed in different apt complexes near Disney. I think Disney rented units in these apts for the interns. At the time they didn't have room for advanced interns to live at Vista Way. I loved the St. Andrews apt (I watched the roller coaster being built at Seaworld since it was in my front yard.)more than living at Vista Way. I loved that I didn't have to worry about checking in guests etc to get into my apt. There were also families that lived in the apts. I also managed to keep a cat there for a week. The owner had moved and told me he just left his cat at his old place. Even though I really am not a cat person and allergic I made him take me to his old apt and get that cat. One of my room mates brought the cat home with her since our programming was ending. I guess I felt like we weren't under housing's thumb.

Now there are 3 apt complexes for students on different programs. They still have Vista Way but also Patterson Court and Chatham. That means Disney can now bring in 3 times the amount of college students that they had when I was there. It also may have a bit to do with traditions. They now have so many college programers that they don't have time to do a 3 day Traditions class because they need to get everyone to their work area. I know that even when I was there some people had to wait a few days before they started training because other groups were training. The problem with not starting training within a week of getting there is that Disney takes rent out weekly and those people that hadn't had Traditions yet would be in the negative numbers since you can't start any other training until you have Traditions.

For my 1 thing I would bring back all the classes at the Institute. I was lucky to be able to take a lot of their classes for free since my internship was under the Disney Institute.

Agreed! Disney used to be more choosy when picking people for the CP. I knew a bunch of people that didn't get in that interviewed with me. At that time I think Disney was limited because they only had so much housing. On my advanced CP all of us were placed in different apt complexes near Disney. I think Disney rented units in these apts for the interns. At the time they didn't have room for advanced interns to live at Vista Way. I loved the St. Andrews apt (I watched the roller coaster being built at Seaworld since it was in my front yard.)more than living at Vista Way. I loved that I didn't have to worry about checking in guests etc to get into my apt. There were also families that lived in the apts. I also managed to keep a cat there for a week. The owner had moved and told me he just left his cat at his old place. Even though I really am not a cat person and allergic I made him take me to his old apt and get that cat. One of my room mates brought the cat home with her since our programming was ending. I guess I felt like we weren't under housing's thumb.

Now there are 3 apt complexes for students on different programs. They still have Vista Way but also Patterson Court and Chatham. That means Disney can now bring in 3 times the amount of college students that they had when I was there. It also may have a bit to do with traditions. They now have so many college programers that they don't have time to do a 3 day Traditions class because they need to get everyone to their work area. I know that even when I was there some people had to wait a few days before they started training because other groups were training. The problem with not starting training within a week of getting there is that Disney takes rent out weekly and those people that hadn't had Traditions yet would be in the negative numbers since you can't start any other training until you have Traditions.

For my 1 thing I would bring back all the classes at the Institute. I was lucky to be able to take a lot of their classes for free since my internship was under the Disney Institute.
I agree about traditions but my only concern with this is, is there enough work force in Orlando to fill those spots? One of the reasons Disney has the college program is because the pool of workers in Orlando is pretty low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter