If VB is home property, any trouble booking at Disney World?

Michael Vincent

Earning My Ears
I am wondering if I purchased property from Vero Beach with the intent to book mainly properties at Disney World, would I have trouble booking at OKW? or anywhere else for that matter during mid month of March for a week?

Potentially. Many owners are finding 7 month bookings to be increasingly hard.

There are reasons VB has high dues and low point buy in.

With March it depends if Easter falls during the time you want to go.

I still wouldn't risk it, Vero Beach may be less expensive point wise, but the dues are VERY high which will cost you in the long run. If you mainly want to stay at WDW I'd look at buying SSR or OKW to be sure of having a spot.

Buy where you want to stay.

I would not depend on the 7 month window for booking WDW.

For example, if you think you’re going to book the 7 month window for Star Wars at WDW, I doubt they’ll be any studio availability for months after it opens at 7 months.

Buy where you want to stay.

I would not depend on the 7 month window for booking WDW.

For example, if you think you’re going to book the 7 month window for Star Wars at WDW, I doubt they’ll be any studio availability for months after it opens at 7 months.
That is good to know:) Thank you!

With March it depends if Easter falls during the time you want to go.

I still wouldn't risk it, Vero Beach may be less expensive point wise, but the dues are VERY high which will cost you in the long run. If you mainly want to stay at WDW I'd look at buying SSR or OKW to be sure of having a spot.
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will take this under consideration:)

If you are looking into get into DVC at the lowest cost and are willing to gamble with what resort you get, and are happy as long as you are on property, then SSR is your best bet.

If you are looking into get into DVC at the lowest cost and are willing to gamble with what resort you get, and are happy as long as you are on property, then SSR is your best bet.
Not knowing much with this reply, I am concerned about the pullout couch for my 17 and 13 year old. Would OKW be better because they offer two queens?

Not knowing much with this reply, I am concerned about the pullout couch for my 17 and 13 year old. Would OKW be better because they offer two queens?
If you want a studio with two queens, it’s only OKW that that has that. At Vero, the Inn rooms have two queen beds.

If you want to regularly get a studio at WDW with 3 sleep surfaces, Vero is a terrible choice. OKW will have two sleep surfaces - 2 queens. Saratoga will be a queen and a sofa bed unless the refurb surprises us.

In general, the prices for every resort has gone up a lot both direct and resale - except Vero. People who buy Vero to stay at WDW tend to sell after a few years of frustration. Vero itself is generally easy to book ay 7 months. Disney's non-theme park resorts have not been particularly successful properties.

Can you share why SSR is a better value than OKW?

1. Lower dues.

2. More predictable contract - all contracts expire in 2057. OKW attempted an extension on 2042 contracts, but only about a third of points extended. No one knows what will happen in 2042 to all the non-extended contracts, and what it will do to point value, dues, or Disney legal costs as there are complexities involved.

In general, if you don't care where you land, Saratoga is a better value, with less risk.

If you want to regularly get a studio at WDW with 3 sleep surfaces, Vero is a terrible choice. OKW will have two sleep surfaces - 2 queens. Saratoga will be a queen and a sofa bed unless the refurb surprises us.

In general, the prices for every resort has gone up a lot both direct and resale - except Vero. People who buy Vero to stay at WDW tend to sell after a few years of frustration. Vero itself is generally easy to book ay 7 months. Disney's non-theme park resorts have not been particularly successful properties.
Excellent information. I will steer away from Vero!

Newbies often look at VB as a way to save some money when buying DVC. It isn't, high dues and special assessments due to storm damage.

Select the best UY for your vacation patterns.
Buy where you love to stay.
Book at 11 months.
Buy resale if you can.
If you buy additional contracts, keep the same UY and names on deeds.
DVD/DVC marketing can change the perks at any time.
Perks and policies tend to change when management changes.
Expect to spend more on Disney vacations after you buy DVC.

:earsboy: Bill

Do you know if Saratoga is moving forward with the Murphy bed in the wall idea?

Newbies often look at VB as a way to save some money when buying DVC. It isn't, high dues and special assessments due to storm damage.

Select the best UY for your vacation patterns.
Buy where you love to stay.
Book at 11 months.
Buy resale if you can.
If you buy additional contracts, keep the same UY and names on deeds.
DVD/DVC marketing can change the perks at any time.
Perks and policies tend to change when management changes.
Expect to spend more on Disney vacations after you buy DVC.

:earsboy: Bill
Hi Bill,
Can you clarify something for me. What do you mean expect to spend more on Disney Vacations after you buy DVC? If my wife is going to agree to this, I need to assure her that it is cheaper in the long run (if we go to Disney every year) to purchase a resale with DVC. I am sure this is a complex question, but what we have been doing is booking vacations at moderate resorts and we love the comfort of the beds. We appreciate the upscale feel of the moderate. Someday we might enjoy deluxe accomodations, but for now moderate works for us. Do you think DVC will safe us?

I am for the "mind the cheapest resort you don't mind staying at" strategy. I'm happy with any WDW resort and I'm flexible with my travel dates and don't mind split stays (actually, I quite like them). I own at SSR and I've been successfull until now swiching to other resorts and I like SSR for times when it's impossible to switch. But it's true that it is becaming more difficult, even in January and early September. So if you want to stay at WDW, buy a WDW resort that you like. SSR is the best value, followed by BLT and AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter