IF out of state residents can go to DL say by August...

@TikiTikiFan and others following along. I’m happy to report Newsom has said the J&J stuff will NOT delay the state reopening plans!
I still wouldn't buy air and park tickets based on that. If the past year has taught me anything, it's that the unthinkable sometimes happens. The rug is sometimes pulled out. And Newsom is way more cautious than other Governors and isn't afraid to pull that rug out. DLR is dead to me for the immediate future.

I still wouldn't buy air and park tickets based on that. If the past year has taught me anything, it's that the unthinkable sometimes happens. The rug is sometimes pulled out. And Newsom is way more cautious than other Governors and isn't afraid to pull that rug out. DLR is dead to me for the immediate future.
I actually tend to agree with you and have cautioned about some of the arbitrary decisions that have been made in the state. And he was VERY careful in his wording about the reopening originally. But I’m always the Debbie Downer to the out of the state folks, so was just trying to give them good news for once.

I still wouldn't buy air and park tickets based on that.

Nearly all airlines have eliminated change fees and allow you to switch flights which is great. If you buy your DLR tickets through someone like Get Away Today, which I usually do, they'll let you switch your park tickets to WDW. So if you know you're definitely going to either DLR or WDW... then something like that works just fine.

But if it's DLR or nothing, then yeah, I wouldn't be putting any money down just yet.

Get Away Today was great last November with me because I already had a paid in full Disneyland vacation (rescheduled over and over and over again) on file with them and they let me easily switch it all to WDW. It was so easy and I didn't lose any money by doing it. But they won't even start selling tickets to non-CA folk anyways until the restriction is lifted. I know other sites also do things like 90 day ticket refunds- just research your options. I think the opening of out of state folks will come with increased capacity anyways so I'm not *too* worried about the reservation part.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/cal...of-johnson-johnsons-covid-19-vaccine/2517211/
Here's an article with more details:

"State officials directed counties and other providers on Tuesday to halt use of the vaccine per federal recommendation. But Gov. Gavin Newsom said he does not expect the halt to “materially impact our ability to fulfill our expectations.” Vaccinations are expected to be available for people 16 and older Thursday and California plans to lift most pandemic restrictions in mid-June.

Newsom said the Johnson & Johnson vaccine accounts for only 4% of the state’s current supply and that inoculations of more than 3 million people a week will keep the state on track to reopen broadly June 15. He said officials are working to switch about 8,800 people who had made Johnson & Johnson reservations via a state online platform to Pfizer and Moderna shots."

Doesn't sound like this will throw things off too much!

Here's a Tweet from him too:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter