If Disney wanted Incredibles hotel, why didn’t they build it?

old lady

DIS Veteran
Why remodel the Contemporary Resort as an Incredibles hotel when you could have build one? Have Avengers hotel with the Incredibles included? Chef Mickey’s will look out of place and Incredibles aren’t exactly Contemporary to me.

The answer to this question is pretty easy to get on the first try. The main reason why Disney decided to remodel the Contemporary Resort with The Incredibles theme is because hotels with themes are a huge hit and as we saw what Disney's Port Orleans Resort did with it's The Princess And The Frog themed rooms and Royal Princess rooms and Caribbean Beach Resort has with Pirates Of The Caribbean rooms they have these rooms because kids like to pretend they are in their favorite movie. But I do agree that Disney should've made a The Incredibles themed section for the Art Of Animation Resort rather than the Contemporary Resort. But you know what Disney should do in the future? Build a Marvel resort and I can tell you it would be a mega hit if it existed because Marvel is huge right now and a lot of people would enjoy a Marvel resort very much but as I said Disney was taking a gamble because The Incredibles is one of the popular Pixar movies and Incredibles 2 was a monster hit but it could've worked as a stand alone hotel. If Nickelodeon and Holiday Inn could do it why can't Disney?

I’d imagine it’s a return on investment scenario. They want to attract more families to the contemporary and didn’t want to spend 30 million dollars or whatever to get those families in the door of a new hotel. No 3 year construction timeline, no infrastructure to build, no extra employees to hire - just marketing and renovations costs.

Why remodel the Contemporary Resort as an Incredibles hotel when you could have build one? Have Avengers hotel with the Incredibles included? Chef Mickey’s will look out of place and Incredibles aren’t exactly Contemporary to me.
I do agree with others that it's because of ROI and the popularity of IP in hotels, but I would say that the theme actually makes sense to me because Incredibles strikes me as very mid-century modern and the Contemporary gives me the same vibe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter