If buying ticket online for a day but can't get there

MychaelP

Mouseketeer
I'm a passholder but going to take my Mom on Friday afternoon for a visit. I need to buy her a ticket. I figured I could buy it online to save the time from waiting at the ticket booth since we won't get there till 1pm. But what if she isn't feeling well that day? Can the ticket be used another time? And how long would it be good for?
Thanks... I usually know everything about Disneyland since I go so much, but not about the one day tickets.
Thanks

It can be used another day. If you buy a value ticket but then go on a more expensive day you will have to pay the difference. The value doesn't expire, but your ticket will have an expiration date. If it expires say 12/31/18 and they raise prices in September you can still use it without paying a difference. If you go in 2019 you would be subject to paying a price difference if applicable..

It can be used another day. If you buy a value ticket but then go on a more expensive day you will have to pay the difference. The value doesn't expire, but your ticket will have an expiration date. If it expires say 12/31/18 and they raise prices in September you can still use it without paying a difference. If you go in 2019 you would be subject to paying a price difference if applicable..
Thank you, that is perfect for this. Saves time from waiting in line. Feels weird to buy a ticket for $117 while my AP is included. Just shows me how good a deal an AP really is. Especially the Select's.

I'm a passholder but going to take my Mom on Friday afternoon for a visit. I need to buy her a ticket. I figured I could buy it online to save the time from waiting at the ticket booth since we won't get there till 1pm. But what if she isn't feeling well that day? Can the ticket be used another time? And how long would it be good for?
Thanks... I usually know everything about Disneyland since I go so much, but not about the one day tickets.
Thanks
You can always buy the ticket through the Disneyland App when you get there on Friday.

You can always buy the ticket through the Disneyland App when you get there on Friday.
Interesting idea. I might do that if I don't buy it online the night before. She might get more excited seeing the ticket printed out. Going to be rushed since she isn't getting to my house until 11am. But oh well, just to get to take her there will be a special time I think. Hoping the grads don't show up in masses until late afternoon.

Just an FYI - the tickets currently purchased through the Disney website / app are valid till the end of 2019. I just bought my 3 day passhopper tickets this week through the app for our July 2019 visit.

Just an FYI - the tickets currently purchased through the Disney website / app are valid till the end of 2019. I just bought my 3 day passhopper tickets this week through the app for our July 2019 visit.
that great news! I still think I may do it online so I can print it out. Otherwise I'm somehow buying it on my app, but have my AP already on there. The app confuses me for some reason. And I see so many people all the time messing with their phones at the fastpass return locations. Paper ticket is also a fun keepsake. I really hope this day tomorrow happens, I'm getting excited to take my Mom there.

that great news! I still think I may do it online so I can print it out. Otherwise I'm somehow buying it on my app, but have my AP already on there. The app confuses me for some reason. And I see so many people all the time messing with their phones at the fastpass return locations. Paper ticket is also a fun keepsake. I really hope this day tomorrow happens, I'm getting excited to take my Mom there.
Even if you buy it on the app they will give you a paper ticket when you scan in at the gate.

Too bad you can't get your mom to come earlier.

Have a fun day!
Just want to thank everyone for the answers and tips. The day turned out truly magical. As a passholder I experienced the parks in a completely new way. The crowds were very easy on Friday, we ate, rode a few rides, sat and talked, ate more, people watched and ate until sick actually. Memories are what make Disney special. I think many of us have memories from being kids there, and to hear my Mom tell me about the time on her 13th birthday when she took herself there from money in a card and to be there with me how special it was... so great! Knowing all the little spots to sit in quiet areas with not many people around as I go so much, made it easy. Too much to go into here really. so thank you everyone. oh, the only complaints I have about Disney that day that I will write them about is for some reason they got the AP popcorn buckets back in stock, and they seemed to be at every fresh popcorn cart with a 2 hour or so wait at every one, so we could not get just a single popcorn. Many people had 10 and more buckets with them, mostly for resale I assume. I will suggest that Disney scan a AP like they do for other limited AP items (buttons for example) so someone visiting for a single day can have popcorn. And they understaffed mexican restaurant in the evening with only 2 checkers, so no line to pick up food, but 100 people in line to pay, so we all just ate our food while standing in line to pay. Those aside, it was a perfect day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter