• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ideas for car games?

Kajunswty

Always waiting on the next magical vacation!
my girls are 9 & 7 - and generally travel well but I thought I'd try to spice up the trip alittle ~ can you help?

We take a Magna-Doodle and play pictionary with it.

BounceyOne - thanks for the link ~ looks interesting

Lars624 - the magna doodle idea is great except they are on their last legs (so to speak!)

I was really hoping for some song ideas that the whole family could participate in.

I play a sort of "name that tune" game with my guys all the time (they're gettting wayyy to good at it, too) where I sing a piece of a song (usually Dinsey!) and they have to name the movie. Or I say a particular line, and they have to guess it. We take turns being the "singer". Builds good memory skills (and builds on the ol' Disney excitement!) Another game I took off of "WHose Line Is It Anyway" -- 3-headed-opera singer. You come up with a silly title for a new movie or play (I recall once the title was "Carsick Mommy"... and the musical result was funny, although I was probably too green to enjoy it at the time....) You take turns and each of you adds only one word to the song. Pick an easy tune (like tune of Twinkle Twinkle little star or Mary had a little lamb). It really turns out funny... and you will remember that song for a looonnnngg time, too! (I think when we left Epcot, we got really good at this, because seems like everything in Epcot has a song that goes with it, and we found ourselves singing everything we would have said, like we were in a Rogers and Hammerstein play....) Have fun!

Cindy
:o

We do long car trip often and do lots of things.One thing that my DS loves is MAD LIBS. You can get them at any book store. They are funny stories that you fill in the blank without knowing what the story is about. Then you read them out loud. A laugh for everyone. I also found these question and answer books at the dollar tree that we made up our own quiz show rules with. I read a lot out loud and sometimes we listen to tapes on tape. We also play alot of quessing games.Things like "I am thinking of a Disney character" The rest of the family has to ask questions to figure out which one. We also play this with animals, foods and people. We also like the old stand by of trying to find all 50 states on cars tags.We have so far choose not to put A TV/ VCR in our car and enjoy the time together.

Jordan's mom

Are they interested in drawing and/or making scrapbooks? What about using note cards to leave spots on pages for pictures and doing make ahead scrapbook pages for the trip? You could do themes and then spend part of the trip with a disposable camera finding the perfect pictures to fill the pages? When I was their age I also was very entertained by getting to plan a day of the trip, what parks, rides, activities and meals we would have. I've been a WDW geek for a long time...

One of my favorite games (that takes a while) is:

"A my name is"

You follow this pattern:

A my name is Alex.
My wife's (husband's) name is Alexia.
We live in Allentown.
We sell Apples.

Then you do the same with B, C, so on, using names, places, and things of that letter!

Oh my gosh! I haven't played those alphabet games in ages :)
Isn't there one where you are going on a picnic and you are bringing something?

One of the car games that we used to play with the kids was: "In my grandmothers trunk there was a ". Everyone had to name something in the trunk and the next person had to repeat all the things in the trunk already and add a new one.
Really good memory game. The kids laughed about some of the things they put in but I did have to explain that a trunk was a big suitcase not the one on the car.
mary lou

thanks again everyone :D

mary lou - i am so glad you posted that grandmother game. we did a version of it on one of the cruise boards and it was a hoot. i think it will be fun to go in alphabetical order (and easier to remember the other items!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter