Ideas for a week of rain

4HOLIDAYS

DIS Veteran
So it looks like we will have a very heavy week of rain for our trip. 12 to 19th. Looking 80% almost everyday, 1 is 90%. We live in south Florida so I dont ck the weather until a few days before and I know when it says 30%, it is just a passing afternoon shower most times, that is not what this is.

. This was to be a park-lite trip with pool day at the Beach club or water park each day except for arrival and departure days. Our plan was sleep in most days, pool or water park, then nice dinner and a few hours in the park to do a couple rides and see the night time entertainment.

I am a bit let down as our trip last fall was cancelled due to irma, again it was to be a similar type trip.
We will go see Avengers and Deadpool for sure now, but what else? I am willing to do a couple hours in ponchos at the park but not all day. Looking for some dry ideas!

The character warehouse? I hear really good things and I guess there are two locations in Orlando.

The Void in DS. I have no idea what this is, but people seem to like it.

Disney Quest if it's still open

explore a resort and have lunch. We love love to hang out at the contemporary and eat at the Wave then poke around the gift shops and do the monorail loop.

Last edited:

The character warehouse? I hear really good things and I guess there are two locations in Orlando.

The Void in DS. I have no idea what this is, but people seem to like it.

Disney Quest if it's still open

explore a resort and have lunch. We love love to hang out at the contemporary and eat at the Wave then poke around the gift shops and do the monorail loop.
Disney Quest is gone.

There are numerous options outside of the Disney Bubble which could help to fill some rainy days.

One other thing I thought of is the Orlando Eye. I have wanted to do this. Not sure if it runs in the rain, but could be fun.

I'm gonna add one more point.... I ran the Boston Marathon last month in 30 degree florida-like DOWNPOURS. By the end I had hypothermia, was disoriented but I still made it. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :cheer2:

Same for us, as we are arriving the 12th for a week, and the forecast looks sooo depressing! On top of that, most of the ADRs I made involve outdoor rides; 7DMT, BTMRR, Test Track, Splash, etc. Ugh!

I am choosing to find sites that have less depressing forecast, lol. I checked the local news channels in Orlando - better forecast there.

I'm gonna add one more point.... I ran the Boston Marathon last month in 30 degree florida-like DOWNPOURS. By the end I had hypothermia, was disoriented but I still made it. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :cheer2:

That is amazing and you are amazing-way to go!!!

we went last july and had rain the whole week, torrential down pours every day for 4 to 5 hours in the afternoon.
we will be there for a week starting Saturday,sure hope this isn't going to be a repeat of last year.

When looking at forecasts for WDW keep in mind that even a 100% chance of rain doesn't mean its going to rain all day. It only means that at sometime during the day you'll have rain. www.weather.com currently shows high likelihood of rain next week, but its showers or thunderstorms.

We’ll be there next week too, 14th-21, and I’m trying to stay optimistic that it won’t be a total washout. I agree the forecasts look depressing. We’ll have our ponchos ready but really don’t want to deal with rain ever single day. Praying it’ll just end up as passing showers or move out completely for at least half of our stay.

We're there too from the 13th-19th. Hoping it isn't too bad but being realistic and preparing for lots of rain! As other posters have said, rainy days on vacation beat being at work! :hyper:

We are heading there tomorrow, and while the weather looks a little Eeyore-like, I just keep reminding myself (and my family)...WE'LL BE IN DISNEY WORLD!!! There's nothing better than that! Rainy days at Disney beat sunny days anywhere else! So no more talk about it being gloomy and depressing, enjoy your churros and dole whips, ride some rides, kick up some puddles, and enjoy your vacation with your families. There's nothing better than some Disney magic!

Hi everybody down here —how we doing??? I’m sitting at the pool at SSR... optimism is really working let’s keep it up for the rest of the week!

We are here right now (14th-28th). We arrived on Monday around 6pm and it was rainy then. Yesterday it was blazing hot, we had 1 big thunderstorm in Magic kingdom and a smaller shower.
Lying in the sun at Blizzard Beach right now, so the weather is not as bad as it seems in the weather reports

If you haven't already, plan to bring extra shoes and socks. Swap out so you aren't squishing around day after day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter