Ice Cream Social headache! Just back

melissa6631

*insert witty comment*
We had our Ice Cream social PS for the 4th of July. I was really disappointed at the amount of time NOT spent with our table. We got a few walk bys, waves and time for 1 quick picture. Blah! We could get that in the park without paying $40 for ice cream, in my opinion.

Also, that wall!

Does the moving floor give anyone else a headache with their wall?

Have any of you done this and NOT been overly thrilled?

We did this and I think it will be the last time. :( The restaurant was all but empty, yet the character time was not great. :(

We were a party of 6, grandparents, parents and 2 kids. It was just an ok experience. Far, Far better character interaction at Crystal Palace and it was PACKED!!!!

The ice cream is yummy, the service was good, but the restaurant atmosphere was weird. I did not like the 'view' especially since the bulk of our time was spent looking out into the foyer area. We all felt like we were on "display".

Anyways, for what it's worth, you're not alone.

we have eaten dinner and lunch at the garden grill several times. Never tried the ICS, though. I like the moving wall....I think it makes an interesting place to eat. We have always had all the characters come spend plenty of time at our table. In fact, they will usually come around 2-3 times before we are done eating! We LOVE the food, the atmosphere, and the character interaction. My kids talk about how they wish they were there....all the time! Sorry your experience wasn't so good....maybe due to the holiday crowds....:confused:

We have been twice and had two great experiences. We like the atmosphere better if we are on the lower tier, but both were fine. We had wonderful character interaction. On our first trip, Mickey colored with DS, and on trip 2, Chip fed him ice cream! We saw more of the characters the first trip, but we had an earlier PS. I think they tend to go on break towards the end of the seatings. Also, the first trip was a much less crowded day in the parks, it seemed. Don't give up on it! We have found it to be a wonderful character experience for very little money (relatively speaking!), and it is now a must-do for us every time. DS is still talking about having ice cream with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale!

I have not had ice cream there but have had dinner. While the food was good, we were seated later than we should have been because of a mix up, on their part, and we did not even get to see most of the characters, no Mickey, we only saw Chip, what a disappointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter