Ice cream brand?

cappygirl

Mouseketeer
Strange question for you, but does anybody know what brand of ice cream they serve on the Disney Dream?
Curious about the Self Serve and the stuff you can get in the dining rooms.
Thanks in advance!! :goodvibes

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know it is terrible.... it's more like a yogurt than an ice cream. I haven't had the hard ice cream that I hear they have in Cabanas sometimes, but the ice cream in the soft serve machines (which I believe is the same they use for the milkshakes) is not very good.

Both the soft serve and the hard ice cream were good. Not premium but not ice milk either. More along the lines of a Bryers for the hard and not quite as rich as Dairy Queen for the soft.

Edy's is the brand for the hard ice cream on the Dream (same as the FL parks) Don't know what the soft is.

i found out the hard way that there are 2 types of ice creams in the machines. 1 is a soft serve and the other is like a frozen ice milk. I thought the soft serve was awesome and made it my mission to have it twice a day :)

I don't think all of the hard ice cream on the Dream is Edy's. I think some of the flavors may be made on the ship. Cabanas had a hard ice cream station next to the desserts and one of the flavors I had was a coconut ice cream w/chocolate in it.

The previous posts area a wonderful example of these boards. Many experiences, and many excellent responses albeit different. That's thanks in part to the power of theses forums. It allows all to speak their minds. Keep that in minds folks as you read Disboards posts, YMMV, a lot. Your adventure may be similar or different, from these or any posts.
FWIW

on the Dream at the soft serve station they had one that dispensed a chocolate/banana swirl that I thought tasted just like a blue bell bombstick if you've ever had one of those...I ate a ton of that since I can't find the bombsticks in FL after moving from TX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter