I need stupid info!!

DavidUK

Mouseketeer
hi i was just wondering if anyone knew the sizes of the parks / world! i'm trying to convey how big it is to my partner who has never been before!!!

Tia
David

This is all I could find.

Based on http://themeparks.about.com/cs/disneyparks/a/wdwmain.htm:

"It's been a number of years since Walt Disney World's 1971 opening but some people still refer to the Magic Kingdom, the east coast version of the original Disneyland, as "Walt Disney World" -- as if the one park was pretty much the whole deal.

Sure, the Magic Kingdom, with its Cinderella Castle, Dumbo ride, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and other icons, is the heart and soul of the Florida resort.

But it comprises a mere few dozen acres among WDW's 35,000 acres. That's 47 square miles, roughly the size of two Manhattan islands, filled with four theme parks, two waterparks, 30 resort hotels, six golf courses, two shopping-dining-entertainment complexes and -- Are you still with me? -- enough other diversions to keep over 54,000 "cast members" (that's Disney-speak for employees) busy catering to tens of millions of guests annually.

MK - 107 acres guest area 232 acres including support facilities
Epcot - 250 acres
MGM - 135 acres
DAK - 500 acres
TL - 60 acres
BB - 66 acres
DTD - 132 acres including parking lots and waterways
WDW - 30,500+
Celebration - 10,000 acres
Disney Wilderness Preserve - (Poinciana) 12,000 acres

It is ten miles from the main gate to Magic Kingdom.
No it is less than 5 from each of them. There are 3 "gates", Epcot Center Drive (right off of 536 entrance), World Drive (south of MGM) and Osceola Parkway (near PC).

The "gates" are the "Welcome to WDW" walls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter