• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need some ideas for finger foods for Christmas.

StitchBuddy

DIS Veteran
Ok Dis friends, I need help!! I am hosting about 30 people the Saturday after Christmas. We are having soups and finger foods. Most people are either bringing a soup or a dip. I need some ideas for something filling to go with this any ideas???

A couple ideas...

Mini Ham and Cheese Sliders with Kings Hawaiian Rolls....google for recipe

Potato Skins
Phyllo Shells with Melted Brie and Raspberry Jam
Wontons in muffin tins...bake day before then fill with sausage stuffing, buffalo chicken dip, spinach and artichoke dip....fill day of and pop on oven for a few minutes.

Crescent Roll wreath..."stuff with italian meats and cheese...bake and serve in little triangles.

Individual Lasagna Rollups

Have fun planning!

-Wonton wrappers filled with butternut squash, goat cheese and sage

-Puff pastry topped with tomato, goat cheese and olives

Both were big hits at my party recently! I liked them bc they it didn't require too many ingredients or much work.

Tortilla rolls ups

Tortillas
Cream cheese-softened
Olives (chopped-the small can) drained
Chiles (chopped in the small can) drained
Cheddar cheese

Mix cream cheese, olives, chiles, cheddar cheese in a bowl. Smear on the tortillas and roll up. Cut into 1 inch rolls and serve with salsa

How about those little finger sandwiches? egg salad, ham salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, etc. Those are usually a big hit and easy to make.

Another vote for finger sandwiches. Or a meat tray with cheese and small rolls so people could make their own.

Baked ravioli -

Boil frozen or fresh ravioli. When cool enough to handle, spray with cooking spray and roll in a mixture of bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and desired spices. Bake at 350 on a sprayed cookie sheet for about 8 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Serve with marinara sauce dip.

These are easy to make and quite filling. You can use cheese or meat ravioli, or both.

Toothpick skewers with summer sausage & cheddar cheese cubes

Stuffed mushrooms

Mini ham & cheese frittatas

Mini phyllo cups filled with stuff

Veggie tray

Fruit kebabs

We also make this and it goes over well. It is served hot but still tastes good if it sits out a bit. We call it Alpo and I have heard it called other unappetizing names like Buffalo chips. It tastes good though! :lmao:

1 lb hamburger
1 lb sausage
1 lb Velveeta cheese

Cook the meat together & drain grease. Add cheese & stir until melted. Put on slices of baguette, Italian, or rye bread. I always use Italian. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until heated up. You can make the mixture ahead of time & scoop it cold onto bread if you want to prep ahead of time. Just cook a little longer or microwave the mixture before putting on bread.

Pillsbury Grands. Take them and slice in half before baking. take two slices of Roast Beef (Dietz and Watson London Broil from BJs is my Choice)and a piece of cheese. I prefer using Pepper Jack Cheese in mine to kick it up a notch. Cook Grands as Directed. People will eat them up.

I would just make some good adult quality grilled cheese sandwiches. I would also have crackers , and other toppings for the soup and maybe a fruit or veggie tray.

Easy chicken salad:

canned white meat chicken(save a little of the liquid if need to thin the salad a bit)
cream cheese
fine chopped celery
whatever other seasoning you like

serve with cocktail bread to spread it on

Those sound like good ideas keep them coming! I need several!

Stuffed celery with spicy cream cheese

Deviled eggs - always mince celery, sweet pickles in mine for crunch!

Jalapeno poppers - sliced lengthwise peppers with cream cheese, refrigerated, then rolled in milk/egg mixture, then bread crumbs, then baked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter