I need roadtrip assist

thehorselady

Earning My Ears
After reading as many posts as possible today, I took the plunge! We are taking our first trip to WDW in December. The better half and I will be driving with the kids (9 & 13) from Texas. We would like to stay over somewhere in Mississippi but I am having a terrible time finding an inexpensive hotel room. We don't want to spend much money for a few hours sleep when it could be spent having fun! Of course, a straight 16 hour drive would make us all a bit cranky. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Jacquelyn

Horselady, we always stop at the state border rest stops for their coupon books. According to the time of year you are travelling you can find some real bargains. I believe there is an online site that you can check out also but I am sorry I do not know the url.

Best wishes for a safe and wonderful trip, Slightly Goofy

thehorselady, Hi and Welcome to The Dis! I'm sure some wonderful Diser from Mississippi will come along and offer up some suggestions for a nice, clean, affordable motel in that state.
Have a great vacation!

let me know if you decide to stop in Mobile instead. I can help you out. They are right about stopping at welcome centers and don't just pick up what you see ask the attendant if they have any specials. Some times they aren't posted.

Cheryl :bounce:

You have all been wonderful! Thank you for your suggestions. We have decided to stay in Alabama and let the chips fall where they may. I guess it is possible to 'over plan'!

Thanks again~
Jacquelyn

You might want to try www.priceline.com for a hotel room, you can get some really good deals. www.BiddingForTravel.com is a great site that will give you all the information you will need to bid for a hotel room. Just pick a town in Alabama where priceline has rooms and bid. Ive gotten rooms for overnight stops for as low as $20 and these were nice rooms at respectable hotels. Anyway that would be my suggestion if you are looking for an inexpensive room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter