I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SPG Biz isn't reported to your personal credit report; however, a hard pull will appear as an inquiry. Too many inquiries could be a factor in denying an application or a shutdown, but I don't know how it might factor into Chase's "bust out" scoring.

I'd note that Amex did not do a hard pull for my SPG Biz. I've seen many reports that Amex may not do a hard pull on new applications for credit if they had already pulled your credit report recently on a prior application. I had last applied for an Amex card in February 2017 before the SPG Biz in October 2017, so a period of 8 months and still no hard pull. I'm thinking Chase has no idea I have a SPG Biz.

My husband got personal SPG Amex last spring, no hard pull. Hard pull though for Delta Amex Platinum Business. So seems pretty random. No hard pull for me though when got this same card, same history, in January.

Speaking of the capital one credit wise app is pretty helpful for checking your score and seeing notes. You don’t have to have a card with them.

Also as a FYI data point I called today and while no retention offer for capital one venture they did allow product change to quicksilver. I was just going to outright cancel but now that it has been 2 years figured I might as well keep the credit line with capital one since know no fee.

My only cards with Amex are an ED and BCP from at least 3-4 years ago. When I applied for the SPG Biz recently, I logged in (when prompted if I wanted to) using my existing login info and it populated most of my personal info, but it's been almost 1.5 months and no record of a HP at all. Like @Lain Chase likely has no idea I have the card.

My only cards with Amex are an ED and BCP from at least 3-4 years ago. When I applied for the SPG Biz recently, I logged in (when prompted if I wanted to) using my existing login info and it populated most of my personal info, but it's been almost 1.5 months and no record of a HP at all. Like @Lain Chase likely has no idea I have the card.

check again next month. i heard Amex post super slow. most sites i see say after the 2nd statement. I would check again!

edit: just saw u said SPG Biz... i dont think Biz cards get hardpulls. my SPG biz has no HP.

You and me both, friend. I have a 4 year old, so we've put off exotic travel for the foreseeable future. It's a shame because I've found MR points best used to transfer to airline partners for international flights. Pre-parenthood, my wife and I flew to Japan entirely on MR points transferred to ANA. I've been teasing a wanderlist out of my wife, and they're all international destinations so I'm stockpiling points as much as I can. Our last use of MR was to transfer points to Hawaiian Airlines during a 25% transfer bonus. You can find award availability most times for 35-40k miles roundtrip to/from Hawaii, although availability seems near impossible over Christmas and New Year. Check out awardhacker to see what airlines will get you to where you might want to go, how many miles you'll need, what programs transfer to those airlines, and keep a lookout for transfer bonuses to your airline of choice.

ETA: If travel isn’t in your plans, you could always go the Schwab route where 1 MR = $0.0125. Check out @SouthFayetteFan ’s reddit post about that.
Traveling with little ones isn't that bad. I'm even the dope who dragged a car seat 1/2 way around the world. Everyone told me it was dumb, but it worked fine. It requires a little planning, and personally, I would never do a lap ticket, but I figured I could conquer anything after changing a blowout diaper in an airplane bathroom.

Edit: Strike what I said. This may have been the policy when we flew, but apparently not for United per a quick Google search. Please, others chime in.

I have done a bunch of searches and see where it was implemented late 2017, but can't find 1st hand experiences.

ETA: Here is the official....section 2309....
https://www.congress.gov/114/plaws/publ190/PLAW-114publ190.pdf

Reason I am asking is not b/c I am too cheap to pay for the next rate up, but because the next rate up on CUR portal is waaaayy more expensive than thru united for some reason.

Last edited:
Traveling with little ones isn't that bad. I'm even the dope who dragged a car seat 1/2 way around the world. Everyone told me it was dumb, but it worked fine. It requires a little planning, and personally, I would never do a lap ticket, but I figured I could conquer anything after changing a blowout diaper in an airplane bathroom.
Yeah I mean we travel, but we’re not taking off to Japan or Thailand or something. I think the time change would kill me. Plus we now have to deal with my husbands teaching schedule( he’s a college professor), the public school calendar, and what vacation time I can get approved in healthcare. And school vacations and summer are the most popular times to request.

I don't have a Disney card, yet. I want one for no particular reason than it's Disney, not a good enough excuse really. Maybe some time in the fall.
Definitely not a good enough excuse as much as I love Disney. They make it hard because the cards themselves are fun and gorgeous but still. Steel yourself against their adorable trickery! The only thing a Disney credit card is good for is the sign up bonus and merchandise discounts in the parks. Although, I do understand the people who use it as their sole credit card because it forces them to save money for Disney via the rewards system when if they'd gotten cash back they might have blown it elsewhere when they meant to use it for Disney. Basically: have a plan and stick to your plan! And if your plan isn't the same as everyone else's IT'S OK and a Disney may not fit well into the plan at all- no matter how fun the card looks ;) We all do what is best for each of our own plans.

Yep, I was able to chat Walmart who verified me or something and then I tried the order the next day and it went through.
ETA: @Lain beat me to it!

Well I went online and purchased a $50 Walmart egift card again (using same computer as the original transaction) and it was processed via ChasePay. I went to Sams Club to do my shopping and when paying I was told that it what an invalid gift card. I seriously can't catch a break! I called Walmart back again and they are sending my file to the gift card department to 'activate' my card. But, when I check my gift card balance online it shows that I have $50 on the gift card. The problem is with Walmart and NOT Chase as my charges have gone through.

I did this entire process - Walmart giftcard via ChasePay/Freedom card for the entire 4th quarter 2017 for my rewards with no problems.

BTW, I still haven't gotten my Marriott Reward points from the Super Bowl trivia questions yet (but I got the points for linking my Twitter account), plus I'm still waiting for my Marriott to card arrive in the mail.

So in all fairness to my hubby, I have to rat myself out for this boo-boo. I'm pretty sure I posted on here before about the importance of finding out and remembering the other benefits that come with our credit cards. Another thing I have to remind myself is once you have a plan, stick with it unless you have hard proof a change makes better sense :)
On our cruise we went to Martinique which was the only port to charge Euros instead of USD. I made sure I brought my Discover and SW Premier card which were the cards I had with me I knew for sure had no foreign transaction fees. As we were visiting the rum distillery, I asked hubby if he still had spend needed on his SW card, he thought he had a little bit, so I said, 'ok we'll use yours to finish up the spend'... completely not thinking he has the SW PLUS which does have FTF's! :sad2:
So for the first time in forever we just paid a fee, it was less than a dollar so no real harm done but it's the principal. I'd like to blame the shot of 140 proof rum I had just tried...

This week's update is mostly good news.
Today I received the email that my 529 Plan had a transaction. The GOC finally deposited (13 business days). That will help out with any MS that I need to do on new cards.
I can't believe I joined twitter but I did to get Marriott Reward points - up to 2,125. I am not sure how I got 625 just for linking and following on Twitter but not going to complain. Those were easy points to accumulate. Thanks to everyone who pointed out it was going on and the answers!

Applied for the CIP. I used a link on the dischurn reddit group to do this. Was wondering if the person will get points right away or only if I am approved? I didn't message anyone as I was not sure if I should wait until I was approved.
Got the 30 day message. I am going to wait it out. I was hoping for instant gratification, so that is the mostly good part!

Yeah I mean we travel, but we’re not taking off to Japan or Thailand or something. I think the time change would kill me. Plus we now have to deal with my husbands teaching schedule( he’s a college professor), the public school calendar, and what vacation time I can get approved in healthcare. And school vacations and summer are the most popular times to request.
I'm also in healthcare :wave: School schedule is tough. My DS was adopted from China at 12 months. We flew home 1 week after meeting him. We did buy a seat, no lap baby for a 12 hour flight. The time change didn't kill us, but after we got home there were times I wished it had. I prefer non-stop flights, and yes I lugged an empty car seat (actually in a checked bag stuffed with baby items) and got DS used to it in the hotel room. (No one uses car seats in China, he had never seen one.). We also took him to Costa Rica at 3, much easier. Now he's 8 & dislikes the plane ride more than when he was a baby. We have been to Disneyland or Disney World the past 4 years, so at least one flight a year, sometimes more.

This week's update is mostly good news.
Today I received the email that my 529 Plan had a transaction. The GOC finally deposited (13 business days). That will help out with any MS that I need to do on new cards.
I can't believe I joined twitter but I did to get Marriott Reward points - up to 2,125. I am not sure how I got 625 just for linking and following on Twitter but not going to complain. Those were easy points to accumulate. Thanks to everyone who pointed out it was going on and the answers!

Applied for the CIP. I used a link on the dischurn reddit group to do this. Was wondering if the person will get points right away or only if I am approved? I didn't message anyone as I was not sure if I should wait until I was approved.
Got the 30 day message. I am going to wait it out. I was hoping for instant gratification, so that is the mostly good part!

Fingers crossed you get approved soon for the CIP! It’s my favorite card right now. And the 80k UR signup bonus makes it a no brainer. It’s totally normal to get the 30 days message. Just call the automated status line at 1-800-432-3117 periodically to check the progress of your application. When you get approved, you can call CIP's customer service line at 1-800-945-2028 to request the card expedited to you. And thanks for supporting a fellow DISchurner! The lucky member should see a surprise in their account some time after you’ve been approved.

Sometimes it’s hard not to love Chase. Called yesterday around 6pm ET after seeing @Albort and @Lain calling in and successfully getting their Marriott Biz cards expedited, and asked to have mine expedited as well. Was told I should see the second set of cards in 1-2 days. Thought I would probably see them tomorrow when I got home. Got home today and on my doorstep was my brand new card. Arrived probably less than 24 hours after I called :p

They only get points if you're approved, so you should wait on letting them know. Hopefully you'll hear back within a week, most people seem to!

Sometimes it’s hard not to love Chase. Called yesterday around 6pm ET after seeing @Albort and @Lain calling in and successfully getting their Marriott Biz cards expedited, and asked to have mine expedited as well. Was told I should see the second set of cards in 1-2 days. Thought I would probably see them tomorrow when I got home. Got home today and on my doorstep was my brand new card. Arrived probably less than 24 hours after I called :p

Hoping mine will be here tomorrow after I called today! I will also get a second one since my card was mailed yesterday. I wouldn't have requested them to expedite it but it's been 9 days since I got approved and I'm holding off on some purchases until I get it!

Hoping mine will be here tomorrow after I called today! I will also get a second one since my card was mailed yesterday. I wouldn't have requested them to expedite it but it's been 9 days since I got approved and I'm holding off on some purchases until I get it!

i'm in class until 7:30(2 hours to go!). i can see my card on my doorstep via security cam. frustrating... lol

first world problem.

Oops...meant to reply to this as well. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my thinking--I feel the same way about BA awards. I know they aren't viewed as the best use of points by most people, but they have really worked out well for my family. They've been invaluable with my daughter going to University in England as the awards basically allow me to purchase one-way refundable (less redeposit fee) fares *very* cheaply. I can book way ahead and she has the flexibility to change if something comes up. That wouldn't be possible with a cheap revenue fare. My last BA flight for her was 16,250 avios plus less than $200 in taxes from SFO to Newcastle (it's about $100 more in fees the other direction).

I also think the same way about business/first with BA--the taxes and miles are still way less than cash unless they decide to do one of their big sales again. I follow BA on Twitter just to be able to take advantage if they do. I dream of that $2000 RT in Business to Scotland fare :) I know people knock BA's business hard product, but I've had a good experience with them--actually better than my upper class Virgin experience. It's all in the plane!

Don't forget there is also the AARP member $200 discount for business class bookings which is nice to stack with a fare sale! I've also had good experiences with BA.

Looking at all your past and future travel plans ...recent cruise..and now planning Antarctica etc. You wouldn't
be in the market to adopt a full grown adult would you?

*Side note.. I'm fully house trained :D

Ok this made me LOL for real :-)

Fingers crossed you get approved soon for the CIP! It’s my favorite card right now. And the 80k UR signup bonus makes it a no brainer. It’s totally normal to get the 30 days message. Just call the automated status line at 1-800-432-3117 periodically to check the progress of your application. When you get approved, you can call CIP's customer service line at 1-800-945-2028 to request the card expedited to you. And thanks for supporting a fellow DISchurner! The lucky member should see a surprise in their account some time after you’ve been approved.

And by periodically, Lain really means once per hour.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter