I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: I received an SM back basically with a copy of the terms and conditions and saying to call with further questions, so I did.
And they said, yes, the cruise would be reimbursed if I miss it due to flight cancellations/delays caused by severe weather.
I'm liking the CSR!
Not to rain on your parade, but did you call Chase or the company that pays out claims? I would be sure to call the insurer. I am still waiting to hear on my claim from back in August when I cancelled flights to the NW due to forest fires. This is CIP not CSR so not sure if the same insurer covers both. I am taking it as a good sign they didn't decline it right away. It seems to take a very long time to get it through the system.

Not to rain on your parade, but did you call Chase or the company that pays out claims? I would be sure to call the insurer. I am still waiting to hear on my claim from back in August when I cancelled flights to the NW due to forest fires. This is CIP not CSR so not sure if the same insurer covers both. I am taking it as a good sign they didn't decline it right away. It seems to take a very long time to get it through the system.
Thanks for the info. I called the chase benefits line. I hope your claim comes through soon for you!

Anyone read SW is testing a new boarding method? This would be great for us b/c we always go straight to the back anyways.

https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-experience/dualdoor.html

We are definitely a 'straight to the back and hope nobody sits by us' sorta family so I like the idea of this. Even when we book regular flights and pick our seats we always go for the back few rows in hopes we will score some empty seats nearby.

As an aside I could possibly be a plane princess in the making. We are going to WDW In January with our friends and no kids. I Because of churning and the miles I have socked away I really wanted to grab the direct flights from PDX to MCO. Problem is my friends don't churn (although I am slowly getting them into it) and those are like $150 more *one way* than layover flights (but only 12.5k miles) so I told my friends I would get the one ways there and they could get the flights back because hopefuly they will have scored a SW CP and a bunch of miles by then. Anyhoo I was poking around AA website when low and behold I found first class saver fares on the direct flights coming home? And wouldn't you also know I happened to have these 100K AA miles from mine+DH's recent Aviator biz cards? Soooo I booked us 4 first class coming home. :D I don't think any of us have ever flown first before but it seemed like a great time to try it out because I can't see myself forking over the miles to put kid butts in first :rotfl:

I am not telling anyone, even my DH, it is in first. I am sure someone will figure out when they catch the seat number on the ticket but I will wait until then.

Anyone read SW is testing a new boarding method? This would be great for us b/c we always go straight to the back anyways.

https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-experience/dualdoor.html

I'd love this, we're a "head to the back" family as well. Plus, I think its so cool when you get to walk up the stairs to the plane - so old school and when it was a big deal to fly. We also never have anything but backpacks that we take on board. I'll wait a few minutes in baggage claim not to have to haul all that stuff around. By reading it, I'm assuming that deplaning everyone would still head out through the front door?

Nice surprise from Chase today! I called to cancel my Southwest Biz card now that the annual fee posted and I received my anniversary points. I have the priority card and canceled the Plus a few weeks ago. They offered me $100 to keep the card. Works for me!

Edit: ( I canceled the Premier, not the Plus. I upgraded the Plus to Priority.)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if theres a way to apply for a SW personal card in flight but also use a referral? I'm going to try to get a SW Plus for DH when I fly next month but I myself have that card so would like to refer him if possible.

Are you thinking you'll get a personal card with a 50k bonus for CP? Then just the bonus points will be enough for CP - 50k + 60k biz = 110k. The 3k and 2k from spends will still be there to use, no matter when those points hit your account.

Unfortunately I do not have any flights planned, so I cannot apply in flight :-(

More Amex Biz cards!!
Ha, I think I am running out of them to get!

Does anyone know if theres a way to apply for a SW personal card in flight but also use a referral? I'm going to try to get a SW Plus for DH when I fly next month but I myself have that card so would like to refer him if possible.

Just a guess but I would think you can’t use the referral and get 50,000 points since when you click on the referral link the offer is for 40,000 points

Thank you all for the well wishes for my son. he is doing much better. only 6 stitches. I have a question about sw, today was mine check in day and we got A-23 is this good? also, i had the amex att offer of pay 150 and receive 50 as a statement credit. i paid last night through the app with the card and immediately got an email and an alert from amex on the phone. is it monday morning yet...lol
I'm sure this has been answered already but I'm in the midst of catching up... A23 is very good. A16 is the best spot you'll get on a WGA fare using EBCI.

Started reading about Harry Potter Land (as I call it) and now I really want to go. And you know WHAT? There's a Hyatt Place right across the street with a shuttle to the parks, big, lovely rooms, and FREE BREAKFAST for WoH members (like moi). For 8,000 points a night.

8,000 POINTS A NIGHT!!!!

Might be time to close the old Hyatt and open a new WoH card for the sweet sign-up bonus. 5/24 doesn't apply to the Hyatt card, right?
FYI - that Hyatt is less than a 5 minute walk from the Doubletree I posted on the "Hotel Reviews" thread so it is definitely walkable to the park. You may enjoy a shuttle, but anytime I can avoid a bus entirely, I'm all over that! (It's less than 1 mile walk to the Valet entrance to City Walk which is how we walked it).

I created a new post on DISchurners about it. I won't be discussing it here.
I think this is a good plan. If people want advice on this or discussion on it - we should send them to DISchurners.

1) It is somewhat complicated so I don't think this is for everybody
2) We don't want to put extensive guides on this out here searchable. I don't think we'll be the thing that would get it shutdown, but we don't need newbies messing this up, then calling and saying "But it didn't work like it should" and...well you can assume what will happen from there.

@SouthFayetteFan Just a DP, I opened a Schwab brokerage account using the link from DISchurners, which did say I would get a $100 bonus after depositing $1k. I never got the bonus nor took a screen shot. Just went to click the link again and the page is gone :( So, you may want to update that when you get a chance.

If anyone happens to have a screen shot of the offer, let me know. I'm going to contact them but I have no proof.
Try this: https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/nn/promo/refer-prospect.html?refrid=REFER4U498PXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter