I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got that same email. I'm trying it out but it seems way too complicated for me. I tried a few surveys but I was ineligible. I got one survey completed for 3 whole points... :badpc:

If they actually give me 500 points for that I will be shocked. I don't think I'll be keeping up with this after all lol but I'm working on completing the profile and we'll see how it goes...
I already received an email that the bonus should be deposited in the next 6 weeks.

That's true about the benefits. We would be there a Sunday-Saturday so 6 nights. Would the Sunday or the Friday count as a weekend night? How do we use the $250 credit and free weekend night? Do I just call and say I want them put on our reservation?

I believe Friday, Saturday and Sunday all count for weekend free night. DH and I each have the card and we used the free night for a Friday and a Saturday in NYC. The free weekend night does take a few weeks to post. Generally 60ish days although Amex says 8-10 weeks. I called in an made the reservation requesting to use the free night cert on my account and the free night cert on DH's account. We flew in Thursday night and opted to pay cash for the night. If we had been staying at one of the resorts like Tokyo Bay, we would have used the card to pay the cash night and it would be credited back to the account. This is what we will be doing to pay for the sea plane transfer in the Maldives.

This is completely :offtopic: but can I just say how awesome the Mister Rogers thing is on the Google home page? I watched him so much as a kid lol

I loved seeing that this morning!

Yeah, Cap Kangaroo was lesser known...and I grew up in SUPER small town TX...so maybe he wasn't even national. I just know I watched them both every morning (back before every kid had to do preschool lol). I wasn't allowed much tv so I got to watch those two shows and that was it for the day unless it was Sunday, and then I got to watch the Disney movie that came on that night. I'm so dating myself with this post :D

I don't know how someone could not like Mister Rogers!?! I'm sure someone could find a reason but he brought light and goodness into children's lives, and only tried to be a good role model. I thought he was great.

MR Rogers, Sesame Street and Electric Company were the shows I watched as a kid. I did watch Cpt. Kangaroo from time to time but Mr. Rogers was always my favorite. Loved watching Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights!

:scratchinLooking for advice on what non Chase business cards to open while my husband and I go after the rest of the Chase personal and business cards that are on our list. Thought we’d only be able to meet the MSR on those but I obviously under estimated what recurring expenses I could put on a cc and we are meeting the MSR quickly.

No planned use for the non UR cards....we fly SW so I don’t think I’m interested other airline cards....could use hotel points when we visit or son in Orlando and save some DVC points.....clueless about MRs.....so any help there is appreciated
No fee cards would be great..but I’m maybe anything with a good bonus has one :scratchin

Yeah, Cap Kangaroo was lesser known...and I grew up in SUPER small town TX...so maybe he wasn't even national. I just know I watched them both every morning (back before every kid had to do preschool lol). I wasn't allowed much tv so I got to watch those two shows and that was it for the day unless it was Sunday, and then I got to watch the Disney movie that came on that night. I'm so dating myself with this post :D

I don't know how someone could not like Mister Rogers!?! I'm sure someone could find a reason but he brought light and goodness into children's lives, and only tried to be a good role model. I thought he was great.
Captain Kangaroo was definitely national since I grew up watching him and Romper Room and I was in a super small town in PA. We never watched Mister Rogers though.

I’m not gonna lie, I watched a lot of tv when I was little. I still went outside a ton with my friends and to the pool but I could name off at least 20 shows I watched as a kid. Some of the ones I watched a lot were: Arthur, rugrats, spongebob, and blues clues.

I loved everything about mister Rogers. Dh watched the show too. We both love the trolley! I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about the show. His song was catchy and I loved when he would change shoes which is such a weird thing to like lol.

I believe Friday, Saturday and Sunday all count for weekend free night. DH and I each have the card and we used the free night for a Friday and a Saturday in NYC. The free weekend night does take a few weeks to post. Generally 60ish days although Amex says 8-10 weeks. I called in an made the reservation requesting to use the free night cert on my account and the free night cert on DH's account. We flew in Thursday night and opted to pay cash for the night. If we had been staying at one of the resorts like Tokyo Bay, we would have used the card to pay the cash night and it would be credited back to the account. This is what we will be doing to pay for the sea plane transfer in the Maldives.

I loved seeing that this morning!

MR Rogers, Sesame Street and Electric Company were the shows I watched as a kid. I did watch Cpt. Kangaroo from time to time but Mr. Rogers was always my favorite. Loved watching Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights!
Okay so we could go ahead and book the hotel and call after we get the card to put the free weekend night and $250 towards the reservation? I’m not sure when we will start thinking about booking. Idk when it will sell out or when they will start to raise prices.

Dh is finished with the MSR on his account so I’m wondering if we should get a new card here soon.

Grew up on him and Captain Kangaroo (lesser known, of course). What a great man Mister Rogers was! Not many like him.

Captain Kangaroo was definitely national since I grew up watching him and Romper Room and I was in a super small town in PA. We never watched Mister Rogers though.

I’m not gonna lie, I watched a lot of tv when I was little. I still went outside a ton with my friends and to the pool but I could name off at least 20 shows I watched as a kid. Some of the ones I watched a lot were: Arthur, rugrats, spongebob, and blues clues.

I loved everything about mister Rogers. Dh watched the show too. We both love the trolley! I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about the show. His song was catchy and I loved when he would change shoes which is such a weird thing to like lol.

I watched Mr Rogers, Captain Kangaroo (Mr Green Jeans!!), Romper Room, and Sesame Street when I was little. And then Electric Company when it came on the air. I have a sister 10 years younger than me, so I had a second round of watching Sesame Street and Mr Rogers when she was little :) And then a third round of Sesame Street and Mr Rogers with my own kids!

Also, just wondering how much travel 80,000 chase ultimate points will give you? At Hilton, that might equate to one night, but at Marriott, it could potentially cover a week, and I have no clue at all how points work for airfare. I tried to look on the chase site since I have other chase cards, but I only saw a number to call, so not sure I’m going to the right place?

You go to the Chase ultimate rewards site. You log in with your Chase log in. Not sure if you can do it if you don’t have a UR card. Putting aside Disney as an option (which is what I have mostly used UR’s for) I transferred my UR’s to Hyatt and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui in February for 20k UR’s a night in a standard room (which they upgraded when we arrived). Since it was an award stay we only paid for parking.

:scratchinLooking for advice on what non Chase business cards to open while my husband and I go after the rest of the Chase personal and business cards that are on our list. Thought we’d only be able to meet the MSR on those but I obviously under estimated what recurring expenses I could put on a cc and we are meeting the MSR quickly.

No planned use for the non UR cards....we fly SW so I don’t think I’m interested other airline cards....could use hotel points when we visit or son in Orlando and save some DVC points.....clueless about MRs.....so any help there is appreciated
No fee cards would be great..but I’m maybe anything with a good bonus has one :scratchin

I don’t have a spreadsheet. Do you have the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited? For me Freedom is awesome if categories right but FU is my go to back up UR earning card for everyday spend. You have to be under 5/24 for both of them.

Do you think my Walgreen's isn't pending b/c I just bought the DGC w/o an accompanying item?
No, I've done that many times at Walgreens. The app seems extra glitchy this week. I got 4 pop ups overnight for $10 awards available in my account. (I did $45 on Monday). Was excited to head out for round 2. Unfortunately I logged in to transfer to PayPal and I only have $10 in the account. Hoping it rectifies itself in the next few hours. I hate to have to go out on the weekend to get more.

You go to the Chase ultimate rewards site. You log in with your Chase log in. Not sure if you can do it if you don’t have a UR card. Putting aside Disney as an option (which is what I have mostly used UR’s for) I transferred my UR’s to Hyatt and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui in February for 20k UR’s a night in a standard room (which they upgraded when we arrived). Since it was an award stay we only paid for parking.

I don’t have a spreadsheet. Do you have the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited? For me Freedom is awesome if categories right but FU is my go to back up UR earning card for everyday spend. You have to be under 5/24 for both of them.

I’m working my way through all things Chase right now staying under 4/24..the Freedoms were at the end of my list due to the small UR bonus..so I’d like to open some non Chase business cards in between my Chase applications....just not sure which business cards to go for

Every day is more fun news day here! A few days ago I cashed out DH's 50,000 AmEx Gold bonus points for a $500 Home Depot GC. I feel good about that now. Then I designated an airline for the $100 credit, based on reports here that I could then go to the airline website and order a GC that would trigger the airline credit? Haven't been able to find a local Marriott that sells GC yet for that offer.

This caused me to do some looking...amex points can be used to get Walmart gift cards that I could then use for SW or Dis GC at sams or Walmart. Does anyone know if the Walmart GC ever go on special on the amex site? Looks like approx 14000 points for $100 right now.

Also jumping on the loving Mr. Rogers train.

I met MSR for my CIP about a week ago and as of yesterday the points are pending in my account. :cheer2:

Of course, I'm having a minor freak out right now because of all the MDE issues. I'm missing a regular park ticket for my nephew and 3 MVMCP tickets for my nephew and my kids. Our FP day is on Monday. It's the first trip for 4/7 in our party and I'm in charge of all the planning. Seriously so frustrating and it doesn't sound like WDW is doing anything to compensate for all the difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter