• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is that number to call when they email you that they will let you know up to 30 days for a chase card?
My bad - I thought I had shared this with you the other day:

Once you submit your application it may (and likely will) go pending...that's ok. You can check your status immediately after then by calling 1-800-432-3117. Then you hit #, 3, 1 (or follow the prompts to check app status). This will be an automated recording that will say one of 3 things:
  • notified in 30 days - still processing (but not denied!)
  • notified in 2 weeks - still processing - likely approval
  • notified in 7-10 days - either more verification info needed or denied :(
  • approved :) do your happy dance!

I don't see anybody mentioning getting an email or the credit yet. I've also had it happen where the credit shows up a few days after the charge. The longest I waited for one was a Total Wine offer, no email came but the credit posted like 2 weeks (3 weeks? it was a while ago) later.

I ordered a $150 Disney GC yesterday. It shows shipped, no email confirmation, no charge on credit card yet. Here's hoping it posts!

How long should I wait to refer my husband to the freedom card after receiving mine? He just opened the Disney Visa about 6-8 weeks ago. I’m unsure how long you should wait between applying???
Thanks!

My bad - I thought I had shared this with you the other day:

Once you submit your application it may (and likely will) go pending...that's ok. You can check your status immediately after then by calling 1-800-432-3117. Then you hit #, 3, 1 (or follow the prompts to check app status). This will be an automated recording that will say one of 3 things:
  • notified in 30 days - still processing (but not denied!)
  • notified in 2 weeks - still processing - likely approval
  • notified in 7-10 days - either more verification info needed or denied :(
  • approved :) do your happy dance!
Oh no I am in the 7-10 days.

DH got a mailer for AMEX premier rewards gold card. Says 50k points/$2k spend/$0AF first year. Is this good?

That is the same as the incognito offer and it is a good offer. That is the offer I took when I got a PRG back in 2016. I believe the BEST offer on PRG is 50k for $1k spend.

It's a good offer for the PRG. The standard offer is 25k MR for $2k MSR/3 months. However, the 50k MR/$2k MSR offer is fairly easy to pull via incognito or through VPN tricks. I pulled the same offer half a dozen times yesterday. Conventional wisdom is if you get the PRG, you will no longer be targeted for the 100k MR Platinum. Amex will have hooked you as a customer and you won't be on their radar for their best offers anymore. I've never received a 100k MR Platinum offer after getting the PRG (I didn't know!). I have been able to pull the 75k MR Platinum offer for myself and took it.

The PRG is a decent card with 2x MR at restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations, a $100 airline fee credit that's good for a $100 GC from AA or Southwest (or 2x $50 GC from Delta), 3x MR for flights booked directly with airlines, first year AF waived (but $195 AF after that). Bonus categories are nothing to knock your socks off, but the card's a moneymaker in its first year with the signup bonus, fee credit, and waived AF. But if you want to score the 100k MR Platinum one day, you may want to hold off on the PRG.

I kicked BofA to the curb today. They previously denied me for the Merrill Lynch card (I actually was "approved in error" and they rescinded their approval 10 days later...grrr). They also denied my recently for their new Premium Travel card. Both times they cited that I had a sufficient relationship with the bank already and wouldn't budge. Sooo now I have no relationship with their bank, LOL! I closed my checking and all 5 open cards my wife and I had.

I have been a little upset for awhile about it but I finally decided to pull the plug today because I also want to clean up our credit reports a little bit. Less open accounts, less high credit limits, and hopefully less risk of a Chase shutdown.

I did that to them once after paying a card off, it did have a good size balance and a good size credit limit. Soon as I paid it off they lowered my limit to $500. Thanks for the credit score hit. Cancelled the card and moved my bank account, that I only had because it was the only bank I was ok using that had branches in WA and NC, important when you are moving and need a new account.

Unfortunately I like flying Alaska best and that's who they use so I'm back with them. I'd like to go for the biz Alaska before my AF on the reg Alaska hits in the fall but I haven't read enough to know if it'll post to my credit report or if they are easy to get. I can use my rental so have an actual biz. This would let me churn the personal the following fall and cancel the biz, rinse repeat if it all works and I can keep doing it. But I hate having to do business with BofA, at least the card is sock drawered so they aren't earning anything from me :cool1:

What is this?

This is a website that you can use to find the best cash back portal when making a purchase. I generally just use eBates or Swagbucks because I don't like keeping up with so many shopping portals. Sometimes if eBates or Swagbucks don't offer cash back then I will use the Chase or Southwest shopping portals.

a business name
I sent you a PM on this. Unfortunately that's a mis-step. And unfortunate #2...you have to wait 30 days now to reapply.

HOWEVER, I think you said your spouse is interested. Would he be willing to apply now for a CIP? Then he could refer you in a few months (just flip the plan we discussed). :)

Can anyone who has been to Europe and familiar with euros please help?? My daughter will be going to Italy next month.
What is the best way to get Euros? I put her as authorized user on one of my chase cards with no foreign transaction
fees. I would like her to have some euros on hand also. I went to bank today at it was $253 for 200 euros. That seemed
rather high so i declined. Can you get them from ATM out there? Is it safe using your debit? Anyone familiar with fees?

Thanks.

This is a website that you can use to find the best cash back portal when making a purchase. I generally just use eBates or Swagbucks because I don't like keeping up with so many shopping portals. Sometimes if eBates or Swagbucks don't offer cash back then I will use the Chase or Southwest shopping portals.
Thank you!

Can anyone who has been to Europe and familiar with euros please help?? My daughter will be going to Italy next month.
What is the best way to get Euros? I put her as authorized user on one of my chase cards with no foreign transaction
fees. I would like her to have some euros on hand also. I went to bank today at it was $253 for 200 euros. That seemed
rather high so i declined. Can you get them from ATM out there? Is it safe using your debit? Anyone familiar with fees?

Thanks.

charles schwab it!

Thanks.

The best way is to use a debit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees. I use my USAA debit to get cash when we travel abroad.

Here is an article that might help:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/banking/debit-card-foreign-transaction-international-atm-fees/

ETA: USAA charges a 1% fee, but reimburses up to $20 in bank fees per month. It is generally better than obtaining cash other ways for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter