I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Always remember to continue checking your flight price after you book on points. It is one week out from my Hawaii to Tokyo trip and the Premium Select tickets went from 78K to 58K. Was able to cancel and rebook.
I recheck flights almost daily. And it pays off. For example, we got round trip, nonstop flights to Punta Cana for a total of 16k AA miles per person, by rechecking and rebooking when price drops. The only thing I’d caution is, sometimes there’s a non-refundable tax on the ticket. For Dominican Republic, I found out $10 of the tax on each ticket is a “tourism” tax that DR imposes and it’s completely non refundable, so when I cancelled and rebooked, I was out $20. It was still to my advantage because we saved 10k miles AND changed from a connecting flight to nonstop.

A DP for the Personal Plat $200 airline credit. I don't have much travel this year, so I decided to burn $100 for the United Club at ORD on the way to Hawaii next week. $50 each and I was a little worried because it just said "United Airlines" for the purchase. The credits posted today on the 4th day after the purchase.

Last edited:
Any hotel recommendations for the Manuel Antonio area in Costa Rica? I have a specific week in April 2025 to go (school vacation). Also have a party of 5 (2 adults, 3 teens) which does make it trickier. I think I’ve decided we’ll just stay in one place and Manuel Antonio seems to make sense - I think. Or for those who have been would you suggest a different area? Is it totally worth it to do two different hotels in different areas? I have lots of URs so think I’ll probably end up booking through the portal. Would have loved the andaz papagayo, but it’s not available on points.

After my success this morning with a CSP app, I used my support link for DH's CIU app. Got the 'need more time' message, but 3 hours later it was approved with a $6000 CL. June estimated taxes will go along way toward the MSR.

Several days ago we tried the upgrade offer on his Amex Blue Cash Everyday. ($150 cash back, no AF for a year) He had an email offer, it was also there when he logged into his account. He got a message that his card was not eligible for an upgrade? Weird. Now he has an email that his new card is ready to ship. Not sure if that is the Blue Cash Preferred or what. Today in the postal mail he got yet another upgrade offer for the card.
That happened to me when I upgraded the Amex Everyday a while back. It was so confusing. I had the offer in my account but kept getting that message. Then, about a week later, the upgraded card was in my mailbox.

Would also really appreciate any advice on flights to Costa Rica. I’m in the Boston area in between BOS and PVD. But willing to reposition. I don’t have any AA miles. But have SW and plan to get CP at the end of the year. I also have URs and MRs.

Is there a major difference between Delta Main and Comfort Plus? My Oct flights went down. I changed the flight from Main to Comfort and got 10K points back. If I change back to Main, I can get an additional 12K back. I am tempted to keep the Comfort Plus; but for a flight that is less than 3 hours I am not sure.

My flight back didn't go down enough to rebook. Comfort Plus is more and Main is only 500 less. I would have to cancel and rebook and I would rather not.

Is there a major difference between Delta Main and Comfort Plus? My Oct flights went down. I changed the flight from Main to Comfort and got 10K points back. If I change back to Main, I can get an additional 12K back. I am tempted to keep the Comfort Plus; but for a flight that is less than 3 hours I am not sure.

My flight back didn't go down enough to rebook. Comfort Plus is more and Main is only 500 less. I would have to cancel and rebook and I would rather not.
Three inches of space, included beer and wine, earlier boarding, closer to the front of the plane.

Three inches of space, included beer and wine, earlier boarding, closer to the front of the plane.
Thanks. it's an early morning flight, so no drinking for us then. I think I will keep it. I wasn't expecting to get any points back and not sure when I will fly Delta again - I might. Maybe if the return flight drops, I will use the 10K to upgrade to Comfort+. It is not something I would pay extra for, if paying with cash, for a short flight. But with the use of points, why not?

Comfort Plus is supposed to have dedicated overhead bin space. But my experience has been that the flight attendants don't pay any attention to where people stow their luggage. So people who are not sitting near the Comfort Plus seats could stick their bags up there if they thought there would not be overhead bin space near their own seats. Other people have posted having a different experience.

Comfort Plus is supposed to have dedicated overhead bin space. But my experience has been that the flight attendants don't pay any attention to where people stow their luggage. So people who are not sitting near the Comfort Plus seats could stick their bags up there if they thought there would not be overhead bin space near their own seats. Other people have posted having a different experience.
That's good to know as we won't be checking luggage and will each have a carry-on. If we board before Main and Economy, I suppose it won't be an issue getting that dedicated space.

Thanks. it's an early morning flight, so no drinking for us then. I think I will keep it. I wasn't expecting to get any points back and not sure when I will fly Delta again - I might. Maybe if the return flight drops, I will use the 10K to upgrade to Comfort+. It is not something I would pay extra for, if paying with cash, for a short flight. But with the use of points, why not?
I did forget additional snacks. I've paid the upgrade occasionally, usually on the way back from MCO when I've been umpiring for a week. A little extra space can make a difference when I'm 6'3".

I check our SW flights very regularly and save lots that way. Will start doing our AA and Delta ones now, too. It is quite a chore because we do fly a lot

ETA: just saved 9K AA miles and $59 🙂

Ok, so, this has me thinking...

If you change an AA flight to recoup points but it's the same itinerary, do you have to select seats again?

Our Hawaii trip was booked when Hubby had higher status and we got to pick the bigger seats with the drinks for free. He has since lost that status and those seats would be upgrade costs x 5.

So far, despite a couple of time changes, we haven't had seat changes so we're still in the good ones for all 4 legs out and back. If getting points back would mean having to lose those seats or pay to upgrade back, it's not even worth my time to look...

I did forget additional snacks. I've paid the upgrade occasionally, usually on the way back from MCO when I've been umpiring for a week. A little extra space can make a difference when I'm 6'3".
Thanks. I am going to keep the Comfort+. At least I will see if it is worth it if we do fly Delta again. Looking at pictures online, I don't think I would pay cash, but since the points are already transferred to Delta and would have to remain there if I downgrade back to Main, I might as well use them.

When's your trip? If it's before July 1, you can still use the restaurants. Otherwise, there are 3 lounges but they're all in International Terminal A.
ok thanks, I looked- if it's called China Air,etc, is that only for passengers on those airlines? Or are all 3 an option? I have to figure out what terminal our flights will be in

Would also really appreciate any advice on flights to Costa Rica. I’m in the Boston area in between BOS and PVD. But willing to reposition. I don’t have any AA miles. But have SW and plan to get CP at the end of the year. I also have URs and MRs.
We are in the same area as you and went to Costa Rica a couple months back. We flew JetBlue out of BOS (originally flying through FLL but we rebooked to MCO as prices dropped closer to the flight. We overnighted at the MCO Hyatt so we could arrive earlier in the day) to SJO. Flying home we were flying out of LIR. We stopped in ATL on the way home, though. We originally were booked direct to ATL on Delta but ended up rebooking on Southwest through HOU. I think I saw that Southwest is pulling out of HOU though, so not sure what the timing is on that.

I recently cancelled & rebooked an award ticket since it had dropped 20K. The booking was originally booked for three pax, but I only changed my ticket just in case something went wrong. Well...the miles for all three award tickets were refunded. I panicked, thinking that even though I'd checked and double checked to select only my ticket, that somehow I had cancelled all of our tickets. And then I kept getting an error when I tried to rebook my ticket. Eventually I successfully rebooked my ticket through the app. And the other two tickets seemed to still be intact, but the refunded award miles for them were still in the account too. I keep checking back over and over and the miles are still there. I don't want to attempt it again for the other two tickets because I really don't know what will happen, but since it seems at this time that they ended up being "free" there's no need for me to try to capture a lower fare for them. I'm not going to say which airline this was with because I still can't really believe those miles (shy of 400K) are going to stay in the account.

I recently cancelled & rebooked an award ticket since it had dropped 20K. The booking was originally booked for three pax, but I only changed my ticket just in case something went wrong. Well...the miles for all three award tickets were refunded. I panicked, thinking that even though I'd checked and double checked to select only my ticket, that somehow I had cancelled all of our tickets. And then I kept getting an error when I tried to rebook my ticket. Eventually I successfully rebooked my ticket through the app. And the other two tickets seemed to still be intact, but the refunded award miles for them were still in the account too. I keep checking back over and over and the miles are still there. I don't want to attempt it again for the other two tickets because I really don't know what will happen, but since it seems at this time that they ended up being "free" there's no need for me to try to capture a lower fare for them. I'm not going to say which airline this was with because I still can't really believe those miles (shy of 400K) are going to stay in the account.
It's like drawing that one monopoly card that says "bank error in your favor" 😆

When you take the flight, let us know whether everything went ok with the "free" tickets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter