• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Okay the Chase IHG, I got it 3/31/22. But I think I forgot the VERY important part of needing to be 24 mos since my SUB! I don't track when I hit my SUB. My IHG account will only go back 365. I think I still will cancel the card. But I might miss out on the elevated SUB depending on when I hit my SUB. UGH.

Okay I was able to pull up my old statements. The statement 05/17/22 - 06/16/22 shows I got the SUB. So I have no clue when I got the SUB actually. But I'm assuming I want to wait until at least June to sign up for the new card? The language on Chase is "This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months." I don't have any other IHG cards, right now, but I think I can make it till June before I'd want the 4th FN perk. So I can wait and just hope the SUB is still 175k then. I just don't want to pay the AF since I guess I'm going to churn this now. Or I wait another year. But I kinda wanted a MSR right now. And I have to do a Biz card since I'm sitting at 4/24 until November.

Last edited:
Okay the Chase IHG, I got it 3/31/22. But I think I forgot the VERY important part of needing to be 24 mos since my SUB! I don't track when I hit my SUB. My IHG account will only go back 365. I think I still will cancel the card. But I might miss out on the elevated SUB depending on when I hit my SUB. UGH.

Okay I was able to pull up my old statements. The statement 05/17/22 - 06/16/22 shows I got the SUB. So I have no clue when I got the SUB actually. But I'm assuming I want to wait until at least June to sign up for the new card? The language on Chase is "This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months." I don't have any other IHG cards, right now, but I think I can make it till June before I'd want the 4th FN perk. So I can wait and just hope the SUB is still 175k then. I just don't want to pay the AF since I guess I'm going to churn this now. Or I wait another year. But I kinda wanted a MSR right now. And I have to do a Biz card since I'm sitting at 4/24 until November.
You earned the SUB 6/16/22

Paris Planning

We are starting to plan for Paris for early next summer. We have enough MR/UR for flights but need any info on hotels. We would like to go to the French Open (1 Day), Disneyland Paris (2 Days - is that enough?), and see some of Paris, as well. For those that have done Disneyland Paris, is it best to commute out there and stay in one place the whole time or stay closer to the parks?

We mostly have MR and UR to use. I have an old IHG ($49 AF) that gives us a free night that will hit in April.

Currently working on a SUB for Ink Unlimited, so it may be a few months before I can work on another SUB.

Thanks for the help!

Paris Planning

We are starting to plan for Paris for early next summer. We have enough MR/UR for flights but need any info on hotels. We would like to go to the French Open (1 Day), Disneyland Paris (2 Days - is that enough?), and see some of Paris, as well. For those that have done Disneyland Paris, is it best to commute out there and stay in one place the whole time or stay closer to the parks?

We mostly have MR and UR to use. I have an old IHG ($49 AF) that gives us a free night that will hit in April.

Currently working on a SUB for Ink Unlimited, so it may be a few months before I can work on another SUB.

Thanks for the help!
Others will chime in- I think 2 days for Disneyland Paris is sufficient. I personally would do a split stay between Paris and Disneyland Paris. I personally like staying in areas walkable to the Louvre. I wouldn't recommend staying near the Eiffel Tower as it's rather out of the way from most other tourist highlights.

I have a trip report in my signature if you're interested, but that trip didn't include DLP. I think if you check out the DLP thread here, there might be some advice on package deals that include hotel and tickets if staying in the Disney bubble. When we went years ago, there was advice to compare those packages on the British site vs Spanish site, etc because prices varied. Not sure if that is still true. We stayed at the Disney Sequoia Lodge. Be aware that most DLP hotels are more what we might consider a motel. Not sure if that's still true and I assume Disneyland Hotel might be the exception (closed for renos as the time of our visit). We loved the Bistrot Chez Remy restaurant theming.

Paris Planning

Thanks for the help!
We went over Thanksgiving in 2022 - not crowded at all so 2 days was plenty - I'm not sure how crowded the parks will be in the summer.

We flew into CDG - 6AM arrival then Ubered to Disneyland Sequoia Lodge for 2 nights - we gave us 3 parks days but only used 2. I honestly liked that we stayed on property, it isn't a long train ride to the from the center of Paris but being able to walk to the parks and take a nap to help recover from jet lag was nice.

We then moved to Paris and stayed at the Hyatt Regency on points. That worked out the best for our family since we needed 2 rooms a suite is less than 25K points. I wish we would have stayed closer to the City Center, but the Regency isn't bad and if you have globalist benefits the lounge is nice for breakfast and evening snacks/drinks.

Paris Planning

Thanks for the help!

I think two days at DL-P is enough but I was staying on property. I really enjoyed Disneyland Park (the Studios Park was less exciting to me, personally), especially the castle (they have a dragon under it!-so cool!). My understanding from those who have taken the train in is that's it's easy to do but I'll let others chime in. I'm lazy so enjoyed rolling out of bed and walking right into the park (we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel pre-reno and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat) but that's me and I paid for the convenience...as one does :laughing:

Approved for the CIU! I called the status line again today -- was given another number to call. Turns out that I made a typo when inputting my SSN (oops, second time I've done this). Once the CSR corrected it I was instantly approved. I need to be way more careful moving forward.

When can I call to have the card expedited? I have a property tax installment due on May 1st.

Approved for the CIU! I called the status line again today -- was given another number to call. Turns out that I made a typo when inputting my SSN (oops, second time I've done this). Once the CSR corrected it I was instantly approved. I need to be way more careful moving forward.

When can I call to have the card expedited? I have a property tax installment due on May 1st.
I send an SM immediately upon approval. Is it showing in your account?

Is it your first biz card or can you see it in your account? If you can see it, you can SM. If not, you can call now.

I double and triple check all information when applying for a new card. I'm crazy paranoid I'm going to make a mistake and be denied.

If you've been approved and it isn't your first business card the new card should be in your Chase account you can call now and request that it be expedited. I don't like calling I just SM right after I'm approved and I get the card within 2 business days.

Others will chime in- I think 2 days for Disneyland Paris is sufficient. I personally would do a split stay between Paris and Disneyland Paris. I personally like staying in areas walkable to the Louvre. I wouldn't recommend staying near the Eiffel Tower as it's rather out of the way from most other tourist highlights.

I have a trip report in my signature if you're interested, but that trip didn't include DLP. I think if you check out the DLP thread here, there might be some advice on package deals that include hotel and tickets if staying in the Disney bubble. When we went years ago, there was advice to compare those packages on the British site vs Spanish site, etc because prices varied. Not sure if that is still true. We stayed at the Disney Sequoia Lodge. Be aware that most DLP hotels are more what we might consider a motel. Not sure if that's still true and I assume Disneyland Hotel might be the exception (closed for renos as the time of our visit). We loved the Bistrot Chez Remy restaurant theming.
we went straight to dlp from cdg, stayed there, then got a driver to Paris and stayed there. Staying onsite makes it so much more manageable. used Hilton points for stay in Paris, miles to fly United RT. cash oop for disney. 2 full days is more than sufficient.

Planning for 2026. I'd like to do Antarctica. Any recommendations/personal experiences on cruise lines. I'm looking at both flying across the Drake as well as sailing. Lots to sift through as I start planning.

I am going to echo @*WDW*Groupie* on a couple of things. If you can do the longer trip that includes South Georgia and the Falkland Islands do it. I am looking at a repeat at some point because I did not get to visit SG and FI. Smaller ship is key so you can make all the landings and not have to split your time allotted for other passengers. Flying means you are subject to weather and could miss or delay your trip. Do the Drake. Ships make me seasick even when the water is like glass. We brought prescription remedies in preparation but never needed them. I was fine with Bonine everyday. It's a neat experience tbh.

Ship choice IMO matters here. I chose a ship that was designed for this. I chose the ship based on Ice class and being able to operate smoothly on the Drake. 18 foot waves looked awful but did not feel awful. I've had smaller waves feel worse on larger ships. I went with Lindblad/NatGeo on the Orion (102 passengers) and it was amazing. Book the moment the cabins/dates are released if you can. I booked the lowest level of midship for stability which was also the least expensive. It was perfect and I'd book the same cabin again given the choice. I'll chime in with more later today and feel free to ask questions.
Continuing on as promised. I also bought and packed my own waterproof pants as opposed to renting since I am short and didn't want to deal with pants that are too long. Bring warm gloves. I was very happy with possum gloves from David Morgan. Another reason I chose Lindblad/NatGeo besides the ship's ice class and size was for the experience. It seemed to offer the closest of what I was used to having sailed Disney cruises. The reviews on the staff, food and on ship experience were all positive. I didn't want the "staying in hostels" equivalent for an Antarctica trip.

Paris Planning

Thanks for the help!

Two days is plenty of time for DLP. I would recommend staying onsite for DLP and closer to the areas you want to visit in Paris for the sightseeing part of the trip. We are back this summer and are doing 2 nights in Paris at the Hyatt Regency Etoile on points, URs transfer to Hyatt. We plan to check out and head to DLP from there. The first time we visited we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel which we loved, last year we stayed at Sequoia (it needs a refurb) and this year we are at the Hotel New York. We are doing 1 hotel night with a 2 day ticket package. We plan to spend the day and evening when we arrive, check out the next day, leave our luggage at the resort, spend the day at the parks and then catch the Eurostar to London.

We’re staying in a studio at Boulder Ridge for ds’s birthday right now. This is our first time staying here. They initially gave us a room way at the end far from everything so I asked if we could get a room closer and they gave us a new room. We walked in and found out they upgraded us to a 1 bedroom!

Paris Planning

Thanks for the help!
A few years ago, my family and I stayed in Paris and took the train to DLP. I think it's best for people who want to spend one day there. If you want 2 or more, I'd consider staying on property. The train was easy though - it dropped us off right at downtown Disney near the entrance to both parks.

I'm going back this summer and staying at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome again, on Hyatt points (with a transfer from Chase) because it's my favorite place in Paris. There are a lot of places in Paris where you can stay with points, though, and this one uses up a LOT of points, so I hesitate to suggest it (but I really do enjoy staying there). If you are Hyatt Globalist the included breakfast is unbelievably amazing. :cloud9:

Paris Planning

Thanks for the help!
I will echo the consensus that it is better to stay at DLP for those days. I also think 2 days is enough, but my package at Sequoia lodge was 2 nts and 3 days park tix. We also went straight from the airport, but didn't get into the parks until after lunch. We spent the rest of that day in DLP, the next day we split between Studios and DLP and then I ended up going to DLP one last time on our 3rd morning before we moved to Paris.

If you have enough UR, I highly recommend the Grand Hyatt Paris Vendome. I stayed there in 2022 and it was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. It was also the perfect location for all the main sights. We walked to the Louvre and Arc de Triomphe, and the Opera Metro station was right around the corner. Last year, I stayed at the Hilton Paris Opera, which is a little farther away from the Opera station but literally in front of the entrance to Saint Lazare train/Metro station. I said I wouldn't stay there again when we got back, but a year later I am looking back on it with a better opinion. The room was nice, had Diamond status so could have bkfst in the lounge or the restaurant. Lobby/bar is beautiful. My main complaint was the area right around the hotel was the train station and all the traffic/noise that brings with it. I had been spoiled by the much quieter street the Grand Hyatt was on (plus the tourist crowds were still lower in 2022). Our room was on the street side at Hilton and there was no road noise that bothered us. In fact, we even opened the bathroom window one night because we were so warm (in May). I considered most of the properties that have already been mentioned when I was researching, and all of them looked like great choices.

We’re staying in a studio at Boulder Ridge for ds’s birthday right now. This is our first time staying here. They initially gave us a room way at the end far from everything so I asked if we could get a room closer and they gave us a new room. We walked in and found out they upgraded us to a 1 bedroom!
We love Boulder Ridge! Stayed there for the first time last year and enjoy how peaceful and quiet it is. Enjoy your stay!

Two days is plenty of time for DLP. I would recommend staying onsite for DLP and closer to the areas you want to visit in Paris for the sightseeing part of the trip. We are back this summer and are doing 2 nights in Paris at the Hyatt Regency Etoile on points, URs transfer to Hyatt. We plan to check out and head to DLP from there. The first time we visited we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel which we loved, last year we stayed at Sequoia (it needs a refurb) and this year we are at the Hotel New York. We are doing 1 hotel night with a 2 day ticket package. We plan to spend the day and evening when we arrive, check out the next day, leave our luggage at the resort, spend the day at the parks and then catch the Eurostar to London.

A few years ago, my family and I stayed in Paris and took the train to DLP. I think it's best for people who want to spend one day there. If you want 2 or more, I'd consider staying on property. The train was easy though - it dropped us off right at downtown Disney near the entrance to both parks.

I'm going back this summer and staying at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome again, on Hyatt points (with a transfer from Chase) because it's my favorite place in Paris. There are a lot of places in Paris where you can stay with points, though, and this one uses up a LOT of points, so I hesitate to suggest it (but I really do enjoy staying there). If you are Hyatt Globalist the included breakfast is unbelievably amazing. :cloud9:
We'll be there in June - maybe I'll see you guys there! Arrive June 11th at CDG, head to Disneyland Hotel until the 14th then head to Paris and staying in an Airbnb until the 21st and then headed to Spain via train. Taking Eurostar to London on the 18th and spending one night there and doing some London things - including a double decker bus that serves afternoon tea (which was recommended on here).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter