• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Yes. Easy to google it. Format is better than my copy/paste. there are 3 processors -

1)payUSAtax​

Paying by debit card?
$2.14

Paying by credit card?
1.82%

Minimum fee $2.69

Payment accepted
Debit/Credit card

Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, STAR, Pulse, NYCE, Accel
Digital wallet
PayPal, Click to Pay

2)Pay1040​

Paying by consumer or personal debit card?
$2.50 or 1.87%

• $2.50 flat fee for consumer or personal debit card
  • 1.87% for other debit cards
    (minimum fee $2.50)
Paying by credit card?
1.87%

Minimum fee $2.50

Payment accepted
Debit/Credit card

Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, STAR, Pulse, NYCE, Accel, AFFN, Cirrus, Interlink, Jeanie, Shazam, Maestro
Digital wallet
Click to Pay; PayPal
Pay with cash
VanillaDirect

3)ACI Payments, Inc.​

Paying by debit card?
$2.20

Paying by credit card?
1.98%

Minimum fee $2.50

Payment accepted
Debit/Credit card

Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, STAR, Pulse, NYCE
Digital wallet
PayPal, Click to Pay, Venmo
Pay with cash
VanillaDirect
I am guessing these are cheaper than paying through TurboTax? To do this, you just file with TurboTax and say you will mail a check or somthing, then go to one of these?

Has anyone gotten a retention offer for an IHG Chase card recently? What was your offer? Can I just SM Chase about that?

Also, any idea who to contact to try and get a FNC certificate extended? Do I contact Chase or IHG? I tried chatting with IHG and didn't get anywhere.

Can a gold card be product changed to the everyday? DH and I both have gold cards that I'm probably going to cancel when the annual fee comes up next month. Could it be product changed to a preferred, or would I have to apply for one?

We each have an AmEx savings account, so we wouldn't lose our UR points, but I'm not sure what all we can do with them if we don't have a card.
No, a Charge card like the Gold cannot be PC'd to an Everyday or any other Credit Card. You can only PC a Charge card to another Charge card. The Gold can be PC'd to a Platinum, or Green. You'd have to apply for the Everyday.
Without a card to transfer, MR can be cashed out at 0.6 cents per point.

My Chase account online is showing "Your rewards balances are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience." Please tell me it isn't just my account.

Can you explain this? How did you find/get a $50 credit?
Amex reworked the business card. You can see the new benefits here: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-...on-honors-american-express-business-card.html

Losing the ability to earn an FNC is a major downgrade, but 5x HHonors on the first $100,000 in purchases and quarterly $60 statement credits on Hilton purchases make up for the increased $100 AF. I liken it to the BBP, but for Hilton points.

Hilton Surpass has a $50 quarterly statement credit that is also triggered by the online gift card purchase (you pay net $1.95 for shipping).

Instant approval P2, CIC. Closed two Inks yesterday, currently has 3 CIU cards, plus this one. Last CIU approved 12/22. I am kinda shocked!
OK what the heck? Remember when he had an Ink that took forever to get approved becuase they said his SS was wrong? And they wouldn't combine his two different Chase biz logins without an investigation? Well guess where the new Ink card is showing up. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Now I can't combine it with all our other UR.s

Amex reworked the business card. You can see the new benefits here: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-...on-honors-american-express-business-card.html

Losing the ability to earn an FNC is a major downgrade, but 5x HHonors on the first $100,000 in purchases and quarterly $60 statement credits on Hilton purchases make up for the increased $100 AF. I liken it to the BBP, but for Hilton points.

Hilton Surpass has a $50 quarterly statement credit that is also triggered by the online gift card purchase (you pay net $1.95 for shipping).
oh whoa thanks! So the fee is going up to $195?I guess that's it for me once the AF hits I don't use Hh enough to justify that:faint:

New Amex Offer
Carnival Cruise Line

Spend $750 or more, get $150 back
Carnival Cruise Line
EXPIRES
08/01/2024
OOH.. Thanks for this. Have to pay off an upcoming cruise. Was going to get Gift Cards from AAA but that is 10% savings and this is 20%. Nice!!

I know you can only use this deal - one per person, no matter if you have it on multiple cards. DH has the offer on his Blue Biz Card and the only card I have the offer on is an AU Card on DH's Biz Gold Card. Would this work since the AU card shows up on my account? Would that count as me using the offer instead of DH using it twice?

OOH.. Thanks for this. Have to pay off an upcoming cruise. Was going to get Gift Cards from AAA but that is 10% savings and this is 20%. Nice!!

I know you can only use this deal - one per person, no matter if you have it on multiple cards. DH has the offer on his Blue Biz Card and the only card I have the offer on is an AU Card on DH's Biz Gold Card. Would this work since the AU card shows up on my account? Would that count as me using the offer instead of DH using it twice?
It should work - DS used to have an AU card for both DH and my platinum cards. If we all 3 had the offer, it would work for all of us.

I will say that he had a gold card and not a platinum, so I guess that could be why it worked now that I think about it.

If you do this, keep each card for at least a year before downgrading again. Do NOT go by when the AF posts as they prorate and it might not be a year since upgrading.
It can get confusing when they post the fees. I messed this up last time I did an upgrade/downgrade with my BCP/BCE. When the fee posted I PC'd back to the BCE without realizing it hadn't been a full year since accepting an upgrade offer. Not long after I got another targeted upgrade offer which involved a spend. I upgraded, did the spend, and didn't receive the offer. When I questioned it, the Amex rep told me I was lucky my first offer wasn't rescinded since I violated the terms, and I wasn't eligible for the second offer because it was still within the timing of the first. I was frustrated with my error because the spend could have gone on a different card. Oh well. Next time it goes on my spreadsheet. Lesson learned.

It should work - DS used to have an AU card for both DH and my platinum cards. If we all 3 had the offer, it would work for all of us.

I will say that he had a gold card and not a platinum, so I guess that could be why it worked now that I think about it.
It has a different card # than his. It shows up on my AMEX Account and it shows up as an Employee Card under DH's AMEX Account. I would think it would work - worth a shot!

Hi all! New here, found you all through the DGC thread. I’m newish to playing the cc game, but not new to cc’s in general 🤣

For the past 10ish years, we’ve faithfully used our Disney Visa collecting rewards dollars for our trips. Didn’t realize until a couple years ago when we opened our Amex (BP) that those rewards are not actually that great.

Sometime in the past year I noticed that Amex has some great offers (Disney + bundle rebate among them) and good % back on groceries, etc. (And that I had accrued a good chunk of rewards $$) That’s when I started looking into other credit cards 🤪

I recently opened a WF active cash for the 2% cb on everything and that has me looking at other cards as well.

Just going to hang here for now, reading and trying to learn the lingo a bit more 😁

Good morning to both of you! Curious which business card is the one that everyone is going for right now. I've been on the fence for months about applying for a business card and was seriously considering it over the weekend, but couldn't decide which one to go for. Available to me in the app is the 100k points Chase Ink Business preferred card, but I cannot meet that $15k spend!
All, I finally did it! I (finally) applied for the Chase Ink Biz Pref just now and was instantly approved for the $8k spend for 100,000 bonus points! I called to expedite the card (for no reason, but to have it in my hands and not in snail mail) and they stated UPS will deliver it within days.

Just want to say thank you for all of the guidance over the years -- to all of you both directly and indirectly. Watching this thread since '08 has brought me a wealth of knowledge! Cheers!

Now on to all of the spending!

I have to pay q1 taxes soon. I’m thinking of putting about $12k on my Hilton biz and I’ll finish spending for the fnc closer to the end of June.

Right now I have three fncs. One expires in June, one in October and one in December. I’m probably going to use the June one at home 2 suites in Georgia on my way home (this pains me). Maybe I’ll use the other two to visit my daughter in Atlanta for her birthday. I feel like I’m throwing these away but I’ll have two more soon that I’ll hopefully use next summer in Europe.

Instant approval P2, CIC. Closed two Inks yesterday, currently has 3 CIU cards, plus this one. Last CIU approved 12/22. I am kinda shocked!
Okay, I think I'm going to go for it. I have been holding out but we really need a Visa MSR. I have similar stats, but I've opened 6 chase business cards in the last 24 months so I'm kind of nervous.

Okay, I think I'm going to go for it. I have been holding out but we really need a Visa MSR. I have similar stats, but I've opened 6 chase business cards in the last 24 months so I'm kind of nervous.
If you read my other post right after, my data point was totally skewed. Since it went to his weird account, that only has a CIP opened, that was opened Oct 1, or approved Oct 1 I should say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter