I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

we did. Happy to answer any questions.
I’m assuming it’s a photo with a white background? We’re arriving on a Wednesday and staying through Monday. Not sure if it’s worth it for Wed-Sun. I’ll have to run the math. We do want to go to Versailles and Disney so maybe.
Has anyone with an Amex biz platinum had a cheap Southwest flight credited recently? I made a $59 purchase on December 7 along with a Dell purchase and neither have credited yet. I’m a little worried about the airline credit but how long do Dell credits usually take?
I have multiple cell phone, and 1 airline credit from November 28th I still haven’t received the credits for. Getting antsy.
MCO....... what a mess! Came thru on Monday Morning- I cannot believe the crowds! I was with people who had a checked bag (that was 40 minutes line) and security....oh the humanity! Line started next to security entrance then wound all the way down the terminal and back up to the part where yu start winding thru the actual line..... so we got there at 5 am, and JUST caught our plane with 2 minutes to spare at 7:05...... (think Home Alone running) I've never seen it this bad. And I forgot about the local clear option till I got there, wondering if that is a good program? Whats the best way to avoid those lines next time? Does the orlando clear program help at all?
We always have luck with Clear and pre-check, but yeah, MCO has consistently horrible security lines. We typically travel through there at slow times too. I can only imagine what you experienced.

I’m assuming it’s a photo with a white background? We’re arriving on a Wednesday and staying through Monday. Not sure if it’s worth it for Wed-Sun. I’ll have to run the math. We do want to go to Versailles and Disney so maybe.
I do recall if it has to be a white background, but our pictures were white background. When I did the math I think it was cutting it close, but we definitely ended up using the metro/bus system more than I thought we would.

MCO....... what a mess! Came thru on Monday Morning- I cannot believe the crowds! I was with people who had a checked bag (that was 40 minutes line) and security....oh the humanity! Line started next to security entrance then wound all the way down the terminal and back up to the part where yu start winding thru the actual line..... so we got there at 5 am, and JUST caught our plane with 2 minutes to spare at 7:05...... (think Home Alone running) I've never seen it this bad. And I forgot about the local clear option till I got there, wondering if that is a good program? Whats the best way to avoid those lines next time? Does the orlando clear program help at all?
Pre-Check is the way. MCO is filled to the brim with people that only fly occasionally and have no concept of how the process works. At least with Pre, you avoid a lot of that. I've never spent more than 20 minutes getting through.
The Clear Reserve is a good program if you don't have Pre and they work with your airline. There have been some reports of some United flights not being eligible.
We were also there on Monday, I assume you have Pre-check? The Clear pre-check line was way slower than just regular pre-check line.
I'm going to guess no Pre since they talked about Clear Reserve and the lines winding down and back. I've only ever seen the lines that long in the general line. When I flew out on a Monday in October the line for the West checkpoint was all the way back past the food court. The East wasn't as bad but did go all the way back to the Disney shop.

we did. Happy to answer any questions.
so just go up and get it? What's the process? it seems like Monday-Sunday? is this like the Japanese rail pass only for tourist? i remember paying close to this last year when I visited just for the cheezy (sp) route. Seems like a no brainer for just DLP let alone the whole week.

Has anyone with an Amex biz platinum had a cheap Southwest flight credited recently? I made a $59 purchase on December 7 along with a Dell purchase and neither have credited yet. I’m a little worried about the airline credit but how long do Dell credits usually take?

Amex is taking longer and longer for reimbursements, SUB/AU and offer postings--right now I'm expecting 10-12 days for airline, Dell, and phone credits (business Platinum or personal Plat for airline), so don't give up hope yet 😃

I always check out the TSA precheck, Clear and Clear/TSA pre check lines before I delve into the scrum of MCO security. It is pretty much Amateur Hour there most of the time, plus the new machines , plus a large, busy airport, plus lots of families...perfect storm. I can't imagine holiday season:scared1:. Glad you made your plane!

home airport here just to chime in the 2 months i was out of having global entry/pre check was horrible i saw people taking off random garmets not understanding things and arguing with the tsas and these weren't people with kids. The weird thing that has happened to me the last 2 times i used clear with DW is the line has been longer then just precheck it makes no sense. I still want some more flights to come out of the new terminal its completely empty.

home airport here just to chime in the 2 months i was out of having global entry/pre check was horrible i saw people taking off random garmets not understanding things and arguing with the tsas and these weren't people with kids. The weird thing that has happened to me the last 2 times i used clear with DW is the line has been longer then just precheck it makes no sense. I still want some more flights to come out of the new terminal its completely empty.
C? I don't think any of the players really want to move out there is the issue. I saw Allegiant is going to have some flights into MCO starting in May, I would expect those to go into C. Right now it's one pod for SW, one for DL and one that UA, Alaska and AA share right? Maybe you could get AA, Alaska or UA to move out there, but I doubt they want to.

C? I don't think any of the players really want to move out there is the issue. I saw Allegiant is going to have some flights into MCO starting in May, I would expect those to go into C. Right now it's one pod for SW, one for DL and one that UA, Alaska and AA share right? Maybe you could get AA, Alaska or UA to move out there, but I doubt they want to.
yeah I went there for the tour where they let you go in to check it out its pretty nice. All i saw was jetblue flights, if only they flew mint to Europe out of mco.

edit i wanted to add i saw iceland air and azul there also.

so just go up and get it? What's the process? it seems like Monday-Sunday? is this like the Japanese rail pass only for tourist? i remember paying close to this last year when I visited just for the cheezy (sp) route. Seems like a no brainer for just DLP let alone the whole week.
See my response below.
This is how it worked Nov 2022.
We took pictures at home and had them printed at Walgreens, I did 4 pictures and printed on one 4X6 picture (cheaper than passport size pics). It is smaller than a passport photo (color headshot photo 3cm tall x 2.5cm). They have photo booths at the airport, but this was easier.

The weekly pass works Monday 12:01AM to Sunday 11:59PM, that schedule worked out for our schedule. We didn't use it to get to Disneyland since we arrived on Sunday (we just Ubered), but used it to get from Disney to Paris.

We had to buy it from the ticket booth, which didn't open until 7AM (we arrived at 6AM and had to wait 10 minutes), but it was super easy. She took our precut pictures and stuck them to the card (they have adhesive).

The card is 5 Euros + $30 Euros for the pass. It was totally worth it for us because we went to Palace of Versaille and the airport, we also got on the wrong train a few times so it was very useful to have unlimited access.

We still have our cards that we can use when we go back.

Costco's persistent emails paid off for me, I think. I'm so used to them NOT having Disney gift cards I sort of forgot they had them.

I just ordered the Disney gift cards ($500) for $449.98. Used Chase Freedom, hope that 5% credits and I also get $9 for my executive membership, so 2250 UR's, $50 off and $9 back from Costco.

It was me. I posted about finding a link on DoC, I was thinking it was in the comments but I just went back to find it and I couldn’t find it either so I guess I was mistaken. I did find a screenshot I took though and it was buyhiltongiftcards.com and processed by RPG. Sorry for the confusion on my DoC mention though I’m still not 100% sure that I DIDN’T see it on there because the comments on one of those posts are so voluminous I may have missed it. At any rate, purchasing from that site did work to get the credit for me.
Thanks so much- just ordered mine

For those of you that have purchased a Hilton GC for the Surpass $50 credit, can you please tell me where to find the link? If I remember correctly, someone said they used the DOC link, but I'm not seeing one there, although I'm probably just not looking in the right place. Maybe @afan ? Thank you!

It was me. I posted about finding a link on DoC, I was thinking it was in the comments but I just went back to find it and I couldn’t find it either so I guess I was mistaken. I did find a screenshot I took though and it was buyhiltongiftcards.com and processed by RPG. Sorry for the confusion on my DoC mention though I’m still not 100% sure that I DIDN’T see it on there because the comments on one of those posts are so voluminous I may have missed it. At any rate, purchasing from that site did work to get the credit for me.

Was just coming here to ask about this, so thank you very much for the info!

Question - I have an AMEX gold card, which we use, a lot! I have an offer to upgrade to a Platinum card, earning 100,000 points for spending $6,000 in 6 months. (We would miss the 4x on dining and groceries, but I can always have hubby apply for the gold card.) We travel so the 5x flights and clear/TSA/incidental credits would be used. As would the lounge access.

Would you do it? Or wait for a higher sub which may or may not come?

Question - I have an AMEX gold card, which we use, a lot! I have an offer to upgrade to a Platinum card, earning 100,000 points for spending $6,000 in 6 months. (We would miss the 4x on dining and groceries, but I can always have hubby apply for the gold card.) We travel so the 5x flights and clear/TSA/incidental credits would be used. As would the lounge access.

Would you do it? Or wait for a higher sub which may or may not come?

Pretty sure that's the highest for an upgrade offer. By taking the upgrade offer, you will "have had" the card and may not be eligible for a new card bonus in the future.

For a new Platinum, the current highest is 150,000 for spending $8000, but I don't know how easy it is to find. There is also the Resy offer, which is 100,000 for $8000 plus 10x restaurants for 6 months.

If you wanted to, it would be possible to apply for a new card and then take the upgrade offer right after approval (ending up with 2 Platinums).

See my response below.
@becauseimnew the hotel told me that they have a photo booth there where I can take pictures. The hotel to there is the same time or I would Uber Its 70+ euros thats a meal maybe on the way back. The thing is it's 2 minutes faster by train too.
But seems simple enough the problem is our DD would know what's going on if we got pictures here I'll have to discuss it with DW 😂

Last edited:
Amex is taking longer and longer for reimbursements, SUB/AU and offer postings--right now I'm expecting 10-12 days for airline, Dell, and phone credits (business Platinum or personal Plat for airline), so don't give up hope yet
Yes they are taking an incredibly long time for both reimbursements and subs. I opened a Delta Amex with a $400 statement credit for a Delta purchase (made the same day) and still haven't received it 2 months later! I've paid off the first bill in full but honestly really wanted that credit on the first payment!

@becauseimnew the hotel told me that they have a photo booth there where I can take pictures. The hotel to there is the same time or I would Uber Its 70+ euros thats a meal maybe on the way back. The thing is it's 2 minutes faster by train too.
But seems simple enough the problem is our DD would know what's going on if we got pictures here I'll have to discuss it with DW 😂
Yes, they do have photo booths there, I can’t remember the price, I want to say 5€ per photo. You’ll see the photo booths near the ticket center. Uber worked out better for us (we arrived on Sunday) but since you’ll have the Navigo pass you should just use train. It really was super simple.

Pre-Check is the way. MCO is filled to the brim with people that only fly occasionally and have no concept of how the process works. At least with Pre, you avoid a lot of that. I've never spent more than 20 minutes getting through.
The Clear Reserve is a good program if you don't have Pre and they work with your airline. There have been some reports of some United flights not being eligible.

I'm going to guess no Pre since they talked about Clear Reserve and the lines winding down and back. I've only ever seen the lines that long in the general line. When I flew out on a Monday in October the line for the West checkpoint was all the way back past the food court. The East wasn't as bad but did go all the way back to the Disney shop.
Thanks for all the replies....(can't tag all of you) I'm gonna check into those options- my problem is I'm usually traveling with noobs and people who don't want to be bothered getting this stuff...... (I mean, checking suitcases....yeesh!):rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter