I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beyond myself at this point. 7/22 I tried to transfer the 200k avios. I've basically called, tweeted, emailed, etc daily!!! At this point Avios and Aer Lingus have stated it's on BA to reissue the avios and they have sent proof nothing transferred, etc. Well BA keeps telling me they need 7 days to investigate it. It's been 2 weeks. Today they said they need another 7 DAYS!!!!
I'm shaking. I fear there will be NO flights available for this the dates we need. I asked Aer Lingus to hold the flight for me at this point, they can't. Today I asked to speak w/ a supervisor and was denied! At this point I have emailed the BA CEO, the Aer Lingus CEO, the "holding group" for Avios, and all their media contacts.

We have been planning this trip for 13 years! Not to mention my mom is coming. Her grandpa is from Ireland and she hopes to see where he's from. She also has battled breast cancer TWICE and beat it. Last year we found out her scans were clean! After being told this was stage 4 and she was going to have to live w/ it! So this trip is kinda HUGE! I'm seriously losing sleep over it all and my anxiety is through the roof. I am not checking availability as I don't want to completely lose it.
so I'm thinking about this trip who did you transfer from? how is there no recourse?

Also our trip was amazing! If anyone is interested in any info on Greece - let me know!
Greece is on my list for SURE! I need to look into my non-rev options, LOL.

Any updates on your missing Avios?
I updated above this and I'm going to updates again at the end of this....

Just got my Away Everywhere Medium bag (gift) and peeps, it's kinda big. But I was looking for a bag that I could attach to my matching Away rollerboard that would actually do double duty for additional storage, and this fits the bill. My husband, the fanatic packer, tested it out and it fits A LOT. He put 3 pairs pants, 5 shirts and 6 boxers, and there was still plenty of room. Plus room for laptop/ipad, etc.

Well, now I have to take it somewhere, right? We were actually looking for a long weekend to travel in August and I found this great deal:

Conrad Tulum Riviera Maya just opened this year. Seems their rates were like $700/nt when they opened or in peak season. Through the FHR with Amex, I scored three nights, minus the $200 credit for just $819 for an ocean view room with balcony plunge pool. Plus $150 resort credit, 12pm check in and free breakfast for two daily. Comparatively, the points would have been 90k per night, so better to pay cash.
We even found great flights with Southwest, nonstop to CUN for just 17k pts each, roundtrip, plus taxes. We haven't seen nonstop flights in a LONG time on SW, so that feels good. And we have two companion passes!
Is the Conrad All Inclusive? I need to look where I want to use my FNC this winter, LOL.

I have to stop reading flyertalk forums. OMG! The airline industry is in meltdown. I'm just getting anxious about DDs flight home next month.
Spirits actually chugging along pretty fine, LOL. But my BF tried to jumpseat on 3 flights on Sunday (2 delta and 1 AA) to get to DFW for training and couldn't. There were several other pilots trying too.

so I'm thinking about this trip who did you transfer from? how is there no recourse?
I transferred URs taking advantage of the bonus they had. URs to BA. Then was trying to go from BA to Aer Lingus via avios. I'm not sure why NO ONE can help, I'll update more below....

So Avios update: After being refused a supervisor by BA, I spent 1.5 hours on hold to talk to Aer Lingus. They apologized that there is nothing they can do. Especially since I don't even book the trip through them. I called Avios back. At this point I was crying and the agent felt so bad. She looked at my account and it seems the woman I spoke to on Friday has been sending DAILY emails on my behalf to BA to help try and resolve this. The Avios agent told me she wishes there is something she can do more.

I have been tweet BA all afternoon. I am on hold w/ their FB chat too. I also sent an email to the CEO of BA, Aer Lingus, and the holding companies. My plan is to continue to call BA daily and ask to speak to someone. I plan on emailing daily as well. At this point I'm also wondering what more I can do. I mean, can I take legal action? The stress alone these days!

I wish this was a good option, but the only online shopping they do is through Amazon, and then mainly in person at local small businesses. Would next best option be just to purchase points on each account?

you have to do the math to see if its worth it. most times, its just better to use cash than buying points.

So Avios update: After being refused a supervisor by BA, I spent 1.5 hours on hold to talk to Aer Lingus. They apologized that there is nothing they can do. Especially since I don't even book the trip through them. I called Avios back. At this point I was crying and the agent felt so bad. She looked at my account and it seems the woman I spoke to on Friday has been sending DAILY emails on my behalf to BA to help try and resolve this. The Avios agent told me she wishes there is something she can do more.

I have been tweet BA all afternoon. I am on hold w/ their FB chat too. I also sent an email to the CEO of BA, Aer Lingus, and the holding companies. My plan is to continue to call BA daily and ask to speak to someone. I plan on emailing daily as well. At this point I'm also wondering what more I can do. I mean, can I take legal action? The stress alone these days!
I am so sorry. I hope they can figure this out. I too was planning on transferring BA Avios to Aer Lingus if Japan doesn't work out, but now I don't think I'll do that.

But if that's the only way to keep the miles alive and they both have enough it makes sense for them to not let them expire, then buying the smallest amount would work.
Yep, they both have like 100K miles that they don't want to lose. Not able to travel with them this year, but hoping to use next year for a Europe trip or something.

I wish this was a good option, but the only online shopping they do is through Amazon, and then mainly in person at local small businesses. Would next best option be just to purchase points on each account?

Yep, they both have like 100K miles that they don't want to lose. Not able to travel with them this year, but hoping to use next year for a Europe trip or something.

I've purchased miles for a hotel where I don't yet do much business but didn't want to lose what I had and that was WAY less than 100k. Buying some miles or buying something once online seem like very small prices/hassle to pay for keeping the miles (and frankly, less trouble than dealing with xfers).

I've purchased miles for a hotel where I don't yet do much business but didn't want to lose what I had and that was WAY less than 100k. Buying some miles or buying something once online seem like very small prices/hassle to pay for keeping the miles (and frankly, less trouble than dealing with xfers).
Just checked, and the smallest amount of miles you can buy is 2K for $75. So they'd need to do that twice, ouch! Whereas, you can transfer just 1000 miles and the cost is $15! Does anyone know if a transfer would trigger a new exp date on both accounts. I guess even if they have to both transfer to eachother, that's only $30 as opposed to $150 to keep them alive.

Just checked, and the smallest amount of miles you can buy is 2K for $75. So they'd need to do that twice, ouch! Whereas, you can transfer just 1000 miles and the cost is $15! Does anyone know if a transfer would trigger a new exp date on both accounts. I guess even if they have to both transfer to eachother, that's only $30 as opposed to $150 to keep them alive.
According to TPG transfering miles counts.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/keep-aa-miles-from-expiring/

If the AA shopping portal keeps points from expiring, that really is the easiest option, and virtually free. Surely there is something in the world they would be willing to purchase through the portal.

Not sure if it's been reported here but Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business card is at an elevated offer of 70,000 miles as of today. Just got approved for my 2nd one.

I went for that too and got instant approval. First BoA card. Have an old personal checking account. Do you know if the new card will appear in my online account (guessing not)?

I am so sorry. I hope they can figure this out. I too was planning on transferring BA Avios to Aer Lingus if Japan doesn't work out, but now I don't think I'll do that.

If you do, just call Avios and have them do it! Avios CR's are BEYOND helpful! It's BA that sucks! And it was instant from Chase to BA.

I am beyond myself at this point. 7/22 I tried to transfer the 200k avios. I've basically called, tweeted, emailed, etc daily!!! At this point Avios and Aer Lingus have stated it's on BA to reissue the avios and they have sent proof nothing transferred, etc. Well BA keeps telling me they need 7 days to investigate it. It's been 2 weeks. Today they said they need another 7 DAYS!!!!
I'm shaking. I fear there will be NO flights available for this the dates we need. I asked Aer Lingus to hold the flight for me at this point, they can't. Today I asked to speak w/ a supervisor and was denied! At this point I have emailed the BA CEO, the Aer Lingus CEO, the "holding group" for Avios, and all their media contacts.

We have been planning this trip for 13 years! Not to mention my mom is coming. Her grandpa is from Ireland and she hopes to see where he's from. She also has battled breast cancer TWICE and beat it. Last year we found out her scans were clean! After being told this was stage 4 and she was going to have to live w/ it! So this trip is kinda HUGE! I'm seriously losing sleep over it all and my anxiety is through the roof. I am not checking availability as I don't want to completely lose it.
Since you have already given them double their requested time to investigate, perhaps this warrants a DOT complaint, here? I can't say that will move things along any more quickly, but here is my experience. Once you log a complaint, I believe the DOT forwards the complaint on to the airline. The airline actually has someone who can effect change deal with the complaint. Perhaps in your complaint you can request as restitution that BA provide you with the flight at the points pricepoint and taxes/fees it was available through AerLingus at the time you transferred the points. And a dedicated agent to assist you in booking through BA. Because once you get your Avios back into BA, are you really going to trust another transfer attempt to Aer Lingus after this? My guess is all of this is a long shot. This really is the nightmare we all dread when transferring points and hoping the availability doesn't vanish in the time it takes.

If you do, just call Avios and have them do it! Avios CR's are BEYOND helpful! It's BA that sucks! And it was instant from Chase to BA.
You might want to reach out to Elliott Advocacy (elliott.org) to see if they can help or offer any suggestions on what to do next - they help consumers with disputes against travel providers. I've never had any direct interaction with them, but I've enjoyed reading some of their stories of things they've worked on (because I am a giant nerd like that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest