I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the offer on one of my AmEx cards, and shopped through Chase shopping for 6,000 URs. Did it late this afternoon & got an email about the URs pending.
Wow, you were able to shop through the Chase portal but still redeem the Amex offer using the Amex card? I have the Motley fool offer on my Amex but it says I have to go through a link that is in the offer itself.

Used travel funds from 2020 Amex airline credit, companion pass, and 2021 Amex airline ticket to get tickets to Atlanta for mid-March. Ended up booking Twelve Midtown because Courtyard Midtown and Residence Inn Midtown couldn't be booked with points. Used two Marriott certificates (+$10). Twelve Midtown is near Atlantic Station (Kilwin's, Publix, and Target--what more could we need) and a mile from campus. Anyway, I'm excited!

Atlantic Station is pretty nice. There are lots of shops around there and a giant IKEA (not that you'll be shopping for furniture while your there). :goodvibes

Anyone else have something odd happening with the AmEx Biz Plat credits for PayPal? I made one purchase of about $10 a few weeks ago and I am (almost) certain that I got a credit for that amount a few days later. Made another PayPal purchase of about $20 a few days ago, and just checked my account--no credit for the $20 purchase and also no credit for the $10 purchase.

Oh wait--did I confuse the Platinum cards? The PayPal credit is on the personal card, isn't it . . . Ugh.

Wow, you were able to shop through the Chase portal but still redeem the Amex offer using the Amex card? I have the Motley fool offer on my Amex but it says I have to go through a link that is in the offer itself.
Your offer should say the website or the amex link:
Get a one-time $99 statement credit after using your enrolled eligible Card to make a single subscription-based purchase of $99+ online at The Motley Fool or at fool.com/amex by 5/8/2021.

Offer valid only on US website or at Fool.com/amex.

I had the offer on one of my AmEx cards, and shopped through Chase shopping for 6,000 URs. Did it late this afternoon & got an email about the URs pending.

I was just about to come on here and complain that I didn't get an email from Chase about my pending URs - but just went back and checked my emails - and whaddyaknow - an email from chase 9 hours ago that I missed.

Probably the best investment return I'll make as a result of signing up to TMF is the 7500UR for no outlay. :P

Anyone else have something odd happening with the AmEx Biz Plat credits for PayPal? I made one purchase of about $10 a few weeks ago and I am (almost) certain that I got a credit for that amount a few days later. Made another PayPal purchase of about $20 a few days ago, and just checked my account--no credit for the $20 purchase and also no credit for the $10 purchase.

The Paypal credit is only on the personal plat.

I was just about to come on here and complain that I didn't get an email from Chase about my pending URs - but just went back and checked my emails - and whaddyaknow - an email from chase 9 hours ago that I missed.

Probably the best investment return I'll make as a result of signing up to TMF is the 7500UR for no outlay. :P
I just signed up through the chase link. Maybe I’ll try some of their recs over the course of a year - who knows?!

So aside from the knee jerk freak out every time I get an email from a credit monitoring service, of which I have several from numerous breaches over the years, the real problem I have is that I've been told at least 10 times today that I'm now 5/24. Every time I make peace with it - again - another email comes through and opens the wound again. Nothing good comes credit monitoring :p

What did the girls think of the limo surprise?!
They didn’t have as huge of a reaction as I expected initially BUT they keep talking about it. It was awesome.

But the efficiency couldn’t be beat! Here’s a message I sent some friends when we arrived: Holy crap is a limo efficient. We were still taxiing on the plane at 12:48 and we are pulling into the swan now.

They didn’t have as huge of a reaction as I expected initially BUT they keep talking about it. It was awesome.

But the efficiency couldn’t be beat! Here’s a message I sent some friends when we arrived: Holy crap is a limo efficient. We were still taxiing on the plane at 12:48 and we are pulling into the swan now.

We did our first limo ride to Disney last year. My son didn't act excited when he saw it, which is what I thought he'd do, but he talked about it every day until we left and kept asking if we were taking it back to the airport. With ME being so hit or miss with waits since reopening, we have been booking with Charlie at Park Avenue Limos. Used him for 4 trips since July. So much faster!!

I’m happy I was able to use my fnc with Marriott for a night at the Gaylord Opryland (cat 6) in early March with their current point saver deal or whatever it’s called. It’s for an exterior view room though. Hoping for a view upgrade so we can have a little balcony looking out over the atrium. :genie::tink:

How long does it take for a FNC from spending $15k on the Surpass take to show up? I hit it in Oct./Nov. but I don't see it on the website and I can't find an email about it. I remember that the tracker on the right of the webpage said Congratulations but now it has switched over to tracking 2021. I hope I didn't delete an important email.

I landed the Platicorn! I thought I had lost it because I wanted to wait to hear from you guys before I applied, and when I clicked on the link it said it had expired. So then I did the Card Match again from my phone instead of my laptop, in incognito mode, and it came up again Yay!! Thanks @platamama, @wanderlust7, @miztressuz, and @calypso726 for all the helpful feedback.

MRs can be transferred to airline and hotel partners (best value is airlines for business and first class seats).
Oooh maybe I'll get some of that luxury travel I'm dreaming about!

With Amex, you'll want to keep spend on their cards after MSR to hopefully avoid the dreaded pop-up where they say you don't quality for the bonus when you go to apply for another card.
Would the Blue Cash I've had for a while work for this purpose?

Generally if you think you can have a use for MR points, and almost anyone should be able to get 1cpp out of them at least, then it's a good offer to grab and worth a 5/24 slot. If you were thinking about MR then I'd probably do it. If you have no idea what you'd use MR for, then we could probably discuss more.
I have a feeling I'll have trouble narrowing down what I'd use MR for, because there's about a hundred places I want to go and really nothing stopping me. (What's that? Pandemic, you say?)

I’d also suggest building a family of Chase cards that help you maximize the UR earnings on your spending. Always keep at least one premium fee Chase UR card so you can transfer points to Chase partner airlines or hotels or redeem for travel through the UR portal and making the value of your points .0125 cents each.
I assume I should wait until I've met the MSR for the AMEX Plat before I start building my UR portfolio?

I landed the Platicorn! I thought I had lost it because I wanted to wait to hear from you guys before I applied, and when I clicked on the link it said it had expired. So then I did the Card Match again from my phone instead of my laptop, in incognito mode, and it came up again Yay!! Thanks @platamama, @wanderlust7, @miztressuz, and @calypso726 for all the helpful feedback.

Oooh maybe I'll get some of that luxury travel I'm dreaming about!

Would the Blue Cash I've had for a while work for this purpose?

I have a feeling I'll have trouble narrowing down what I'd use MR for, because there's about a hundred places I want to go and really nothing stopping me. (What's that? Pandemic, you say?)

I assume I should wait until I've met the MSR for the AMEX Plat before I start building my UR portfolio?

Congrats!!!! Amex takes a while to report a new card. You can safely get a Chase card if you can easily meet the MSR without over extending yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter