I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried searching but couldn’t find...someone a while back advised me on using miles on the Barclay A+ to pay the annual fee. Is there a way to get more than .5 cents/mile for the AF? All I can find is just a regular cash back statement credit that’s half a cent per mile. And I only have 6600 miles.

I'm for sure not an expert on it, but I redeemed my miles to cover my annual fee last October and got one cent per point for it. As far as I know it wasn't a special promotion, but here's a screenshot of my redemption. It's the one for $89. It also let the redemption be for less than $100.

I'm trying to redeem all of my miles on both of our accounts to close them when the next annual fee posts. I just feel like I'm always have problems trying to get the redemptions to work out. For example now, in my account I have 13,809 points which would be worth $138.09. I have two charges the points can be used for and both are over $300. Well, I can only use in increments of $25.00, so my options are to use $100 or $125 worth of points which would leave $13.09 that I can't redeem. That just bugs me, but I guess it is what it is. My only option as I understand it would be to charge something that I could erase in full and then it would let me use an odd number of points. Not sure how I'd ever luck out to charge a travel related expense for $138.09 :crazy2:

Sorry for the long delay in replying. I am finally going back to work today after some scary lung complications from outpatient surgery. I’m feeling so much better. I reduced my CL on all of my Chase cards and closed my SWbiz card which had a $15,000 CL. I did get my anniversary points credited. I even reduced my CL from myCapitolOne biz from $20,000 to $5,000 last Friday. All statement balances are paid in full before due date but when I applied for the CIC I did have current balances. I called the renumeration line yesterday to discuss and tell them that I reduced all of my CL on Chase cards but they still denied. Letter states I have too many active accounts or too much available credit, and I had a new Chase biz card recently opened. I opened a CIP on Jan 16, 2021. I may go to our Chase bank which handles our biz account to discuss in person. We have so any other banking options nearby so I may explore other options for our business.
No worries...so glad your better....if you want to try for a CIC again you can submit a new application 31 days or more after the one that was denied

I'm for sure not an expert on it, but I redeemed my miles to cover my annual fee last October and got one cent per point for it. As far as I know it wasn't a special promotion, but here's a screenshot of my redemption. It's the one for $89. It also let the redemption be for less than $100.

View attachment 574439

I'm trying to redeem all of my miles on both of our accounts to close them when the next annual fee posts. I just feel like I'm always have problems trying to get the redemptions to work out. For example now, in my account I have 13,809 points which would be worth $138.09. I have two charges the points can be used for and both are over $300. Well, I can only use in increments of $25.00, so my options are to use $100 or $125 worth of points which would leave $13.09 that I can't redeem. That just bugs me, but I guess it is what it is. My only option as I understand it would be to charge something that I could erase in full and then it would let me use an odd number of points. Not sure how I'd ever luck out to charge a travel related expense for $138.09 :crazy2:
Thank you! That helps. I didn’t realize the AF would show up under the travel credits. Not sure how long I’ll keep this card but I don’t have any no fee 2x on everything cards. P2 has BBP but I don’t. But yet, I still haven’t used this card in quite a while so maybe that doesn’t matter so much.

I’ll try to help where I can with our experience

We own DVC so can’t answer the room resort paid in advance...

I’ve paid my room charges with my CSR and it codes as travel...and when I pay dining directly at the restaurant it codes as dining...so if you want to use PYB...pay at each restaurant
Thank you for this info. I recently got a CSP and a CSR to earn URs for flights to Hawaii in 2023 and I am trying to determine when to use a Chase card for URs vs. a cashback card.
There are more Chase bonus points offers out. Chase is offering spend bonuses on their co-branded cards from May 15 – August 15, 2021. The offers are basically 5x on travel and gas stations (and 6x, 7x or 8x on the specific brand). You can check your cards at the mybonus link.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...-hyatt-ihg-avios-cards-disney-aarp-starbucks/
I checked my Disney Visa and I am not seeing this offer. I had the 5% on $1,500 offer and maxed that out already. This card will just stay in the drawer.

Off-topic from our normal credit card talk. Fortunately asking this not for me, but for my (*cough* deadbeat *cough*) cousin. Apparently he’s got 10+ credit cards with balances and is struggling to make the minimum payments on them. He’s got my poor grandmother worried sick, and she’s asked me for advice. He’s thinking about going to some sort of credit consolidating service. I feel like I’ve heard those completely wreck your credit, but I don’t really know anything about them. (And I suppose his credit will be wrecked anyway if he keeps going on the path that he’s on.) Just wondered if anyone here had any insight, suggestions, recommendations....?

We stayed in one of these rooms in February. There is definitely the separation - when you walk in the room, you are in the room with the sleeper couch with tv. If you walk through that, the bathroom is on your left and then you continue on and you're in the main bedroom which walks out to a balcony. Ours overlooked Ben's garden and we could see the waterfall of the pool area from our room.

I'm not going to be able to 100% tell you about your main question though because if there was a door there, we never closed it between the two rooms. We also didn't pull out the sofa sleeper to see if it would be good enough for two teens to sleep on. I can see how it would be easy for there to be a door there though, so if that's in the description, I'm sure it is probably there if that makes sense.
Thanks for that! The two teens will probably put the couch mattress on the floor because it's more comfortable. They have done that before. I feel good knowing there is a complete seperation and 2 t.v.'s. The only thing that is troublesome is they can get out at night. We will just have to speak to them about not leaving after x time, for thier safety. It sounds sort of like a smaller version of Embassy suites. Really looking forward to it, but airfare and car rentals are crazy high already. Hope they come doen a bit!

Thanks for that! The two teens will probably put the couch mattress on the floor because it's more comfortable. They have done that before. I feel good knowing there is a complete seperation and 2 t.v.'s. The only thing that is troublesome is they can get out at night. We will just have to speak to them about not leaving after x time, for thier safety. It sounds sort of like a smaller version of Embassy suites. Really looking forward to it, but airfare and car rentals are crazy high already. Hope they come doen a bit!

Have a great time - we really loved it there. We stayed two nights on the way down to Key West and two nights on the way back. We hope to go back sometime!

So I had an "offer" on my BBC to apply for Biz Gold for 90,000 MRs after spending $10k. Now I have the Biz Platinum offer instead (I had it a few months ago). No lifetime language. I'm tempted.

I have this offer, for 100,000 MRs after spending $15,000. I'm assuming the AF isn't waived? Also, the BBC gets the best offers (Lowes, Staples) so I'm not sure I want to upgrade it.

This was a frustrating part of having the Arrival+ card, there's always going to be straggler points that you just can't use (no doubt designed this way on purpose). You'll need to spend another $595.50 to finally reach $150 worth of points. So you have to decide if you're ok with letting go $13.09 now or spend $595.50 to get to the next $25 redemption increment. If you spend more money now, you could apply $150 worth of points against your two charges, but then you'll be left with $15 in your account because of the 10% rebate on redemptions. You can see how this goes on and on. With $15 in your account, now you need to spend another $500, of which at least $100 is on a travel charge (so you can redeem against it if your other travel expenses have aged out, or if you took them off the table by redeeming any amount against them earlier). If it all goes to plan, you can redeem the final $25 points, leaving yourself orphaned points worth $2.50, and that's the best case scenario.
Thank you! That helps. I didn’t realize the AF would show up under the travel credits. Not sure how long I’ll keep this card but I don’t have any no fee 2x on everything cards. P2 has BBP but I don’t. But yet, I still haven’t used this card in quite a while so maybe that doesn’t matter so much.
I dumped my Arrival+ at the earliest opportunity, it's mostly worthwhile for the SUB and that's it, because of all the silly rules you have to play by as you can see from my explanation above. With that $89 AF, you need to spend $4450 just to break even; if you spend less than that then you're just handing your money over to Barclays. With a $0 AF CFU you'd get 6675 URs for spending $4450. With a $0 AF BBP, you'd get 8900 MRs for the same spend; with the Schwab Plat those 8900 MRs can be cashed out to $111.25. My vote would be to use your P2's support link to get yourself a BBP, and get rid of the Arrival+.

Last edited:
Gosh darnit! Just after I decide to hit buy on my AA tickets to NC for this summer....Delta emails me about 10k round trip tickets to Alaska! I'm over here now thinking do I need to cancel my NC tickets and start planning Alaska, LOL. Huge different between Alaska and the beach, LOL.

Maybe I'll see what hotels there are and that might sway me......UGH. I'm not even sure if the kids would want to....but it's one of those, when am I gonna get to go to Alaska so cheap kind of things.

This was a frustrating part of having the Arrival+ card, there's always going to be straggler points that you just can't use (no doubt designed this way on purpose). You'll need to spend another $595.50 to finally reach $150 worth of points. So you have to decide if you're ok with letting go $13.09 now or spend $595.50 to get to the next $25 redemption increment. If you spend more money now, you could apply $150 worth of points against your two charges, but then you'll be left with $15 in your account because of the 10% rebate on redemptions. You can see how this goes on and on. With $15 in your account, now you need to spend another $500, of which at least $100 is on a travel charge (so you can redeem against it if your other travel expenses have aged out, or if you took them off the table by redeeming any amount against them earlier). If it all goes to plan, you can redeem the final $25 points, leaving yourself orphaned points worth $2.50, and that's the best case scenario.

I dumped my Arrival+ at the earliest opportunity, it's mostly worthwhile for the SUB and that's it, because of all the silly rules you have to play by as you can see from my explanation above. With that $89 AF, you need to spend $4450 just to break even; if you spend less than that then you're just handing your money over to Barclays. With a $0 AF CFU you'd get 6675 URs for spending $4450. With a $0 AF BBP, you'd get 8900 MRs for the same spend; with the Schwab Plat those 8900 MRs can be cashed out to $111.25. My vote would be to use your P2's support link to get yourself a BBP, and get rid of the Arrival+.

I hadn't even thought about the rebate points. It is very frustrating though. At this point, I'm thinking that I'm going to just lose the $13.09 on my account and the $11.xx on DH's. I hate it, but it's just a never ending circle.

DH just got a 100k amex platinum offer in the mail. He currently has a platinum card (which I was planning to cancel as soon as the AF Hits) and I can't find any lifetime language in the offer. What do you guys think? Cancel his old card and apply for a new one?

DH just got a 100k amex platinum offer in the mail. He currently has a platinum card (which I was planning to cancel as soon as the AF Hits) and I can't find any lifetime language in the offer. What do you guys think? Cancel his old card and apply for a new one?
My DH got a Biz Plat offer in the mail that seems to be NLL. I am thinking he needs a new CC since we have no MSR at the moment.

My DH got a Biz Plat offer in the mail that seems to be NLL. I am thinking he needs a new CC since we have no MSR at the moment.
If DH didn't already have a platinum, I would so go for this! We need a new msr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter