I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched the pics and didn't see any abandoned pizza boxes so, you are good for now.

(I had to do a wellness check on an employee one time accompanied by police-they called me- and you couldn't make it across the room without stepping on a pizza box.)

editing to add - the individual was okay, just wouldn't open the door for the officers or the neighbor who called and was worried. When I arrived she opened up and they took her to the hospital for observation and later released her. I think she was too embarrassed to let people in.

OMG, no....my 11yo's room would likely have the boxes. He just got a new bedframe and mattress and he didn't want me to see what was under his current bed, LOL.

Couple more questions. This trip just came about today, and we're leaving on Wednesday (driving down from the greater Boston area), so I'm scrambling to figure out the plan.
My sister is staying in Hilton Head for 2 weeks - starting next Monday. I'm just going for the drive down and the weekend (in Charleston/Savannah), then I'll fly home.

We are leaving Wednesday after work (not sure on exact time) and thinking we can make it to NJ (4 hours) or maybe DE (5 hours) that night.
Next day, I'm thinking we'll stop somewhere in North Carolina? Any cute towns people would recommend? We are happy to take our time with this part of the trip. So doesn't have to be right off the highway.

Then probably Charleston Friday night and Savannah Saturday and Sunday. But it's all still a work in progress.

I love NC, what are you traveling down. I'm partial to ENC ;)

They call me that, too ... At least I keep my work area tidy :D

And to be clear, you're gonna look under the front passenger seat, from behind, right? Fingers crossed

Nice! I saved up to win the Grand Prize, since I have 81 entries and 0 wins :thumbsup2

But did you see a GC? :D

I will look today, LOL

I had awful ear problems as a baby/kid. I would cry the entire plane ride. I’m so nervous he’ll have that happen too. I’m planning on bringing teethers, pacifiers, his sippy cup with maybe some juice because he’s never had that before.
We haven’t figured out why he hates the car seat so much. He always has. We thought he’d outgrow it but he hasn’t yet. He barely lasts 15 minutes without crying. The pacifier helps a ton but we try not to use it in the car unless absolutely necessary. I’m planning to take him out of the seat during the flight after we take off.

Stickers is a good idea! I have some already I should pull out. He also has some cars he likes but they’re super annoying. I wouldn’t want to bother everyone around us. Right now he doesn’t pay attention when we put shows on but maybe it would be different on the plane.

I asked Dh about planning the flight around his nap times but he said we’ll be out so long he’ll have to just sleep sometime which is true. It’s an hour drive to the airport and then the flight will be 3-3 1/2 hours and another hour drive to my parents house. Then you add in getting bags and stuff. I’m just preparing myself for a rough time
I see others have said it, but EARPLANES! I have altitude sickness (ironic, I'm not dating a pilot and want to become a FA). I will not fly without them! I get ear pressure so bad I puke. It's not a puke in a sickness bag. It's puke so violently I close a bathroom, LOL. They have kid sized and adult. My sister used the kid sized for my nephews when they flew w/ terrible EIs and they didn't cry at all!

And get some different color painters tape (or low tack tape). Let him stick it on the windows, the armrest, etc. My nephews stayed busy for their flight sticking and peeling that tape for hours, LOL. My sister lives in NJ we're in MI. So my nephews have flown A LOT.

And I've found w/ parenting, they will match your mood. So if you think it's going to be rough....it's going to be HELL! LOL. Go into this super positive, and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Something weird on my BCP account this morning. Reward dollars have posted but my statement period doesn’t end until the 13th. They usually post a day or two after statement closing. Also seems like the amount that posted is more than what I earned. I cashed out but I guess if it’s a mistake they’ll take it back again, knowing Amex.

Has anyone ordered from Goldbelly? There's an offer on the Amex Plat for $50 off $100 and I'm thinking of getting my mom something for Mothers Day. Do they charge one whole amount or do they charge separate amounts if you purchase from more than one store? Amex is one purchase of $100 or more, can do 3 times.

OMG, no....my 11yo's room would likely have the boxes. He just got a new bedframe and mattress and he didn't want me to see what was under his current bed, LOL.

I love NC, what are you traveling down. I'm partial to ENC ;)

I will look today, LOL

I see others have said it, but EARPLANES! I have altitude sickness (ironic, I'm not dating a pilot and want to become a FA). I will not fly without them! I get ear pressure so bad I puke. It's not a puke in a sickness bag. It's puke so violently I close a bathroom, LOL. They have kid sized and adult. My sister used the kid sized for my nephews when they flew w/ terrible EIs and they didn't cry at all!

And get some different color painters tape (or low tack tape). Let him stick it on the windows, the armrest, etc. My nephews stayed busy for their flight sticking and peeling that tape for hours, LOL. My sister lives in NJ we're in MI. So my nephews have flown A LOT.

And I've found w/ parenting, they will match your mood. So if you think it's going to be rough....it's going to be HELL! LOL. Go into this super positive, and you might be pleasantly surprised!
I looked at the earplanes but a lot of reviews for this age said they just fell out or they took them out. I could see him hating them being in his ears. He won’t even wear a hat. It might be worth a try though. Do they muffle sounds at all?

The tape is a good idea! He would like that

Has anyone ordered from Goldbelly? There's an offer on the Amex Plat for $50 off $100 and I'm thinking of getting my mom something for Mothers Day. Do they charge one whole amount or do they charge separate amounts if you purchase from more than one store? Amex is one purchase of $100 or more, can do 3 times.

I saw a post on this on doctor of credit yesterday- lots of DPs there. And also some other codes it stacks with.

I looked at the earplanes but a lot of reviews for this age said they just fell out or they took them out. I could see him hating them being in his ears. He won’t even wear a hat. It might be worth a try though. Do they muffle sounds at all?

Yes, it knocks down the sound of the plane tremendously! I wonder if you could do them, and then put some "headphones" over them. Like I wear them and then put my big headphones over if I want to watch a movie. Then he can't pull them out.

They cost a couple bucks a pair. Here is what I would do with my child:
Pop them in just as you are cruising down the runway. Keep his hands occupied for the 10 minutes it takes to get to 10,000 feet (when they make the announcement “you can now use your approved electronic devices.”) Take them out. I would much rather have 10 minutes of being super engaged and watchful that he doesn’t take them out than for him to get stuck with ear pain or pressure for the whole flight and after. Same on the descent. Worse case is they don’t stay in and you keep them until he’s older.

This is genius! I wish I had thought of that when the girls were little.

They cost a couple bucks a pair. Here is what I would do with my child:
Pop them in just as you are cruising down the runway. Keep his hands occupied for the 10 minutes it takes to get to 10,000 feet (when they make the announcement “you can now use your approved electronic devices.”) Take them out. I would much rather have 10 minutes of being super engaged and watchful that he doesn’t take them out than for him to get stuck with ear pain or pressure for the whole flight and after. Same on the descent. Worse case is they don’t stay in and you keep them until he’s older.
So they don’t have to stay in the entire flight?

What Blue card is it that you have? If it's this one - Blue from American Express - I don't see MR points transfers in the T&C.

I honestly didn't know a MR card existed that didn't allow it but if that's your card and you don't see a Transfer Points option in the Rewards section, then I guess I've learned something new.

The Everyday card is a no AF card that earns MR points and has all the same redemption options as the AF cards, including transferring points. If you never had that card before you'd want to consider opening it for the bonus versus attempting to PC due to the AmEx lifetime language. If you have had it before then it can't hurt to ask to PC. The Everyday card has a better earn rate with 2x the MR at grocery stores and a 20% bonus each month if you make 20 transactions.
Interesting...ok thank you. I do have the Blue from Amex you listed.... (probably an unwise card choice) so I'm thinking I'll app for the everyday,and Amex allows points cmbing in <R accounts,right? then I can get rid of that other (useless) card....

So they don’t have to stay in the entire flight?

Nope. Looks like the box says they can be removed once you’ve reached cruising altitude. But looks like they recommend reinserting an hour before landing- probably because flights descend more slowly?
But, if you there’s any chance he’ll pull these out and get them into his mouth, I would not purchase them.

Good luck! I think he’ll pleasantly surprise you no matter how you prepare!

Nope. Looks like the box says they can be removed once you’ve reached cruising altitude. But looks like they recommend reinserting an hour before landing- probably because flights descend more slowly?
But, if you there’s any chance he’ll pull these out and get them into his mouth, I would not purchase them.

But she should purchase for herself 😊 From what I've read they don't block all noise.

Search button,no help- .... can I close a Chase biz card via SM? I can't recall.... I need to lower some CL on my stuff(it's currently over 50%!!!) and I wanna ditch an extra cc while I'm at it. Or do I need to call in to close?

OK. I'm thinking of dipping in a toe to some previously untouched waters (for me) ...MDD.... :scared: Scenario is P2 (calling in would be a problem) want csp-csr...... if I reduced all CL on P1/P2 accounts today- is next Monday enough time to wait? What's the worst thing that can happen.... I get the 1st, if 2nd goes pending...and we just wait it out.... it might be a denial and we move on with our lives? (just re-read the tutorial) However I have some big bills where I can (finally) try this....

I may just try them and see how he does.
But she should purchase for herself 😊 From what I've read they don't block all noise.
I think I am gonna get some for myself! I wonder if you can wear them swimming

I may just try them and see how he does.

I think I am gonna get some for myself! I wonder if you can wear them swimming
Just be aware, it's descent that causes most of the problem.... so be sure to get them back in there for that! I hope it works, I have a now adult son who had terrible ear pain on every flight (I felt so bad for him) but the other kiddo had no issues. I love the idea of painters tape playing....I don;t think you use them in water, it's about air pressure

I know this might not be a popular opinion. DS flew first at 11 months (21 years ago). Doctor recommended Benadryl about an hour before take off. He slept through the entire flight. Check with your Doctor (not sure what all the new rules are) and if you do decide to do this - he recommended trying it at home first as with some kids it has the opposite affect and makes they more hyper. It made for a less stressful flight and DS was just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter