I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t decide if I should keep my CSR when the AF hits. I was approved last year on 3/24. Dh wants to keep it but only if we can continue to PYB for groceries. We thought maybe after the travel credit resets we would book the cabin at wdw and cancel the previous reservation (that we’re planning to book tonight). Are they still allowing you to use the travel credit for groceries or is that gone?
FYI: The travel credit is good for GAS and GROCERY purchases through 6/30/2021 :D

The April time frame is not the travel credit, that's for the current PYB categories, which also include grocery.

Sapphire Reserve | Credit Cards | Chase.com

Any luck on getting retention offers on the Chase Ink Biz Pref? I am finally appreciating the cell phone protection, but having trouble justifying the AF just for that. It doesn't get any points or benefits at the 1 year anniversary date, does it? Alternatively, any suggestions for making a fairly legit rental business fit under a different category to get approved for a new card? Professional or Management, Business services maybe?

We booked 3 nights at the cabin! I’m so excited!!! It’s so fun seeing a trip in mde again. We’re planning to get ds just a plain magic band and we won’t get any since we already have some we’ve bought before. We decided to only do 3 nights because we’re gonna skip the skyliner. We’re tentatively planning one day at mk. If we decide not to go we’ll just do another resort day. I think we want to drive to the contemporary and mobile order from the wave one day. We also chose to only do 3 nights since we’re going to rent a golf cart

Thank you for the info. I'm really hoping this trip ends up happening! I'm not sure if the weather will be all that great at the end of March, but it's when our spring break is, and if it's bad weather then that's good for DD to know too. She knows what CO cold feels like but it's arid here (today I was out shoveling 6" of snow in 25 degree weather with just a long sleeve top and jeans) compared to whatever the humidity is like out there.

The Hyatt resort looks really nice and I'm looking at it as a treat as the end of our trip. Should I bring binoculars? I checked into a local HP yesterday for my 2nd mattress run. After the nights post, we'll be Globalist, and I'll have an extra Cat1-4 night that I'm hoping to use for another night at the Hyatt Chesapeake Bay. I was able to split the charges on both my and DH's Amex Greens with the Amex Offer for $60 off $300. That might even end up finishing off my MSR on the Green which would be nice.

I ordered it from EZPass Massachusetts since I could get the transponder for free and the minimum load was $20. I can't find any info about them cancelling it for non-use though. I was also checking out the NC Quick Pass which covers all the 15 EZPass states plus GA, FL, and NC and HOV lanes in the DC area but their website clearly said each car needed to have its own transponder (with the EZPass Mass I can switch the license plate associated with the transponder so I can use it in a rental car) and there was a monthly $1 charge for non-use after 24 months. I guess each state has its own policies regarding EZPass, which made it challenging to decide on an EZPass program when I don't live in one of the EZPass states!

The weather can go either way. It could be beautiful cherry blossom weather in DC or cold, rainy, windy. Won't know til we get there. Near the water it will be cold and damp, but with sun there can be some pleasant hours.

I have a Delaware State EZ pass, and it allows me to have all our 4 cars on it (they allow up to 8) so I carry it with me. If I forget it, eventually the toll gets matched to my tag and gets deducted from my account. I've had it forever and acquired it at an office on route 1 in Delaware when I drove through an entrance to the highway in the wrong/non pay lane, so when I stopped and bought the transponder, it took care of the fine.

It's so old I'm surprised it still works when I use it. It gets used a couple of times each month. I don't know the costs now for acquiring it as it's been so long. It reloads $25 for me which usually is enough.

Maryland actually provides transponders for free to Maryland residents, and sooner or later I'll get one here. The in state tolls are cheaper. The cost of road and bridge tolls were actually reduced here in the last few years. Overall, for the amount I use it, it's only a couple of $$'s. They have them available at department of Motor Vehicles and next time I have to go, I'll pick up the package.

@HoosierJohn - Virginia's EZ pass caused some stir last year when they started canceling people's accounts for non use. It was all over the news. I think people that had the problem and wanted to keep their account just had to contact EZ pass and got it straightened out. That's not the norm in general with the service.

And, to keep this on credit cards and travel, I keep one of my lesser used credit cards on the account to trickle feed it.

We didn’t stay in Manuela Antonio, but we loved our air bnb in La Fortuna - it’s called Casa Del Rio. The grounds are beautiful, it’s quiet and secluded but really close to town, the hot tub and water slide area was so much fun and the pool was great also.

Looks like a great place! Put it on my list. The 4 bedroom house on Airbnb would be too big for us, but looks like they have cabins too.

I am determined to get us to Hawaii in June 2022. I need to step up my game if I want to pull it off. Right now, using any points I have and dvc for 5 nights in Aulani I am still looking at $8000 to pay and that doesn’t include food.

I just cashed out $100 from e-rewards to get 7000 Hilton points and signed up through our Amex platinum to get the Hilton gold status.
I also signed up for 2 extra shifts at work next month and will throw that in a Hawaii fund as a back up.

My 100,000 MR posted this week from our Amex Platnium!

Hawaii here we come! (LOL- I think I need something like another 300,000 MR and 600,000Hilton points plus $$$ to pay for a few nights at Turtle Bay but I feel like I am getting somewhere.

I'm looking at retrying a spring break trip canceled last year to visit school campuses (self-guided) in the Philly/Baltimore area for my HS junior year DD, and using the weekends to see areas we've never been to before. I'm confused about tolls in a rental car, has anyone done this? Autoslash had an article suggesting buying a EZ Pass transponder from MA (I guess there's no fees for purchase in that state) but I'm not 100% sure this trip is going to happen especially since PA has a requirement for a negative covid test within 72 hours of entry though I don't know how this is enforced. We're flying into PHL, and quarantining for 10 days would negate the purpose of the trip. And is this far enough in advance to get one mailed to me anyway? We have some toll roads in CO, but not many, and I don't use them.

The toll route in particular that would save me a lot of time driving is going from UMD-College Park to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort which is what I've planned for the tail end of our trip to relax. We'll be flying out of BWI.

Any input is appreciated!
My neighbor’s son went to UMD College Park (Honors College) and really liked it. He is now in vet school at Va Tech.

They will cancel your transponder from non-use. I don't think they will do it for less than a year of non-use, but eventually they will cancel it. Not sure what happens to your remaining balance. I figure the unit can still be re-initiated after cancellation, but not sure of that either.
Really?? I've had one for years now, used to use it 2-3 times a year (I live in NE anyway) haven't used it in over a year due to not going anywhere much...I need to go check my acct.

Really?? I've had one for years now, used to use it 2-3 times a year (I live in NE anyway) haven't used it in over a year due to not going anywhere much...I need to go check my acct.
Yes, but it seems to be YMMV by state. Wife said her VA transponder was cancelled around a year of non-use (although I suspect it went unused longer). She said they took her money (balance) and basically wanted her to pay the cost of a new transponder (but using old one) to reinstate. This was BC (before C).

Yes, but it seems to be YMMV by state. Wife said her VA transponder was cancelled around a year of non-use (although I suspect it went unused longer). She said they took her money (balance) and basically wanted her to pay the cost of a new transponder (but using old one) to reinstate. This was BC (before C).
hmm Off to check- mine is EZ-Pass MA

Oh... can I SM to up a credit limit on chase? Or I may need to transfer some of my other credit line from a different card....can that be done by SM,or must I call?

All of the EZ pass contracts have the option of cancelation but the automatic cancelations were mostly specific to Virginia.

I am determined to get us to Hawaii in June 2022. I need to step up my game if I want to pull it off. Right now, using any points I have and dvc for 5 nights in Aulani I am still looking at $8000 to pay and that doesn’t include food.

I just cashed out $100 from e-rewards to get 7000 Hilton points and signed up through our Amex platinum to get the Hilton gold status.
I also signed up for 2 extra shifts at work next month and will throw that in a Hawaii fund as a back up.

My 100,000 MR posted this week from our Amex Platnium!

Hawaii here we come! (LOL- I think I need something like another 300,000 MR and 600,000Hilton points plus $$$ to pay for a few nights at Turtle Bay but I feel like I am getting somewhere.
oh wow, we are going June 2022 also but I haven't done any preliminary research. I've been focusing my research and points on our spring break Costa Rica trip.

We need to pay for 8 flights and 12 nights of lodging for those 6 people. No idea what islands we are going to, this will be DD's 15th birthday celebration so she's task with choosing the islands. I need to get her to make a decision soon.

We booked 3 nights at the cabin! I’m so excited!!! It’s so fun seeing a trip in mde again. We’re planning to get ds just a plain magic band and we won’t get any since we already have some we’ve bought before. We decided to only do 3 nights because we’re gonna skip the skyliner. We’re tentatively planning one day at mk. If we decide not to go we’ll just do another resort day. I think we want to drive to the contemporary and mobile order from the wave one day. We also chose to only do 3 nights since we’re going to rent a golf cart
Awesome! We ate at the Wave in January and it was really good. We will definitely return. Another place is the Geyser Point Bar & Grill at Wilderness Lodge. It is outdoor and you can order from the counter service or at the bar/restaurant. Last time we were there they had additional seating all around the area. The burgers were very good.

DH just received $70 retention offer on his SW Priority card.
This had me hopeful, but I wasn't so lucky. My fee posted 2/1 with payment due next week. I called once already and was offered nothing. I tried today and again had zero offers. Oh well. I'm glad it worked out for your DH. If you don't mind me asking, do you generally let your statements post with a balance? I almost always pay early before they post and have always wondered whether that messes up retention offers since I am usually not successful. I remember calling amex once and the rep said I likely had no offers because I had no recent spend. I did have spend, but paid it early. When I questioned him, he looked at my account closer and saw the charges. It's probably just a crazy theory, but I do wonder what the system is looking at when offers are generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest