• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to return an item to saks because it's missing a piece and their customer service sucks. I'll eventually get a refund. I've already gotten credit back from amazon for the 24. I'm sure they'll eventually want to claw it back. I also have a teeny bit of the 50 left because the 3rd item in my order got canclled.

If I order something and get the rest of the credit and it covers what they already gave me will it all even out and they won't claw anything back?

I hate to leave $ on the table but also don't want to order something I could get elsewhere or for less.

Also both amazon and target have better cs. If I was a typical high spending saks customer I'd be even more annoyed that they won't just exchange a defective product but make you return and reorder. Which is also why I don't order from qvc any more. Sent me the wrong shoes but would only return wouldn't fix it. I don't get places that think not fixing their mistake is ok.

While they aren't amex I wouldn't take a retention offer and not keep the card for a year. There's nothing to say they won't become like amex and claw it back or not approve you for bew cards if you pc or cancel before the year is up.

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8.png

I called Chase this afternoon to see if I could get the CSR valued customer discount but no such luck. Are there certain buzz words to use?

I called Chase this afternoon to see if I could get the CSR valued customer discount but no such luck. Are there certain buzz words to use?
:confused3 No idea....when I called I asked if there was a retention offer on my card, they transferred me and that person offered the $150..
I do use the CSR for any dining...and PYB ...but use my CIC, CFF and CFU for everything else

Last edited:
I told the woman I was thinking of downgrading or cancelling because the annual fee was high/economy was bad and I wasn't traveling. She asked if I was aware of the new benefits and I said yes. She mentioned the groceries and I said I use another card for groceries but then she reminded me my travel credit could go toward $300 of free groceries. Then she said there was a $150 offer because I had several Chase cards.

I would give it another shot.

So my Amex Platinum $200 travel credit tracker shows I've used $170 of my credit, but I don't have a credit showing on my account. Anyone know if that's normal.

I just upgraded an original Sapphire to the CSR several months ago to take advantage of PYB. The AF ($550) posted 11/1. Do you think they’d have $150 off in this situation?

Trying to make sure my brain is working properly tonight. Read up on flyertalk so I know it's still working. I already have a $50 gc I can use from when Amex actually let you get them with the airline credit so I can use it. Does it make the most sense to use the gc and my gold credit for a flight around $150 and then after it credits I can cancel it, one advantage of covid since D is letting you do this with any ticket bought by 12/31. Then I can use the ecredit to help use the plat credit. But for this to work I'd have to find a flight that is around 350 since I'd have 150 in ecredit that would apply before my cc would be charged. Then I can either cancel it after the credit or see if I actually use it.

I will most likely be going to SLC at some point for a long weekend next year, so I know I can use the credit, but looking at flights prices now for the time frame I'd go, dang they are a lot. I get that prices are a bit all over the place right now but I've flown SEA to MCO for less than the rt tickets in May are SEA to SLC on D or Alaska. Which is part of why I'd rather not keep the ticket, as I'd hope they'd go down some in price plus D is enough more than Alaska I wouldn't fly them. And yes I purposely left the 2nd letter off of D :)

Question on the AmEx Platinum streaming credit. The only streaming service we use is netflix and it's prepaid for a few months from buying giftcards at Walgreens when they had their buy 2 netflix cards, get a $10 walgreens card deal going on. Can I prepay another $20 with my new AmEx to use up that credit in November and December?

Similarly, with the wireless credit, can I just pay $20 using my card to get the credit? DH just switched all of our phones around, so it's also paid up for the month, but hate to let the credits go to waste if I don't have to.

I know with the SUB, it's well worth it, but I'm not sure I'll be using the airline credit and possibly the uber. Our closest town that has uber is about 20 miles away, so we'd have to do carry out to be able to use up the credit. Not that we can't do it, but it's kind of a pain. I really don't like driving 20 minutes back home with carryouts because the food is somewhat cold by the time we get to eat it lol!

SUPPORT LINK THREADS ANNOUNCEMENT: Please check your links for accuracy. I noticed earlier today that Amex seemed to kill a large swath of links (I had some that were dead that I had just updated in the last week or so). With that in mind I did a review of all links and will tag people below who might want to take a look. I don't want people to miss out on a click because they have dead links, and I also don't want to discourage somebody trying to use a link because everything they click is dead.

No need to report back to me that things are updated. I'll probably just do another review in a week or so and then reach out individually to people who still need to update their links.

CHASE
On Chase, I'll tag you if you have a link that's expired or offer details that don't match:
@GZanta77, @Calfan, @marsh0013, @mhartman09, @vanjust14

AMERICAN EXPRESS:
On American Express, I'll tag you if you have a link that's expired, offer details that don't match, or possibly a link that points to the wrong landing page. As you're aware, Amex links can be a little more finicky so I'd advise just checking all of your links and trying to be as accurate possible with the ones you choose to list. If an offer is limited time OR a YMMV type of offer be sure to include that in your write-up:
@marsh0013, @afan, @Maine_Belle, @snugglebug @GZanta77, @miztressuz, @havaneselover, @happ, @Calfan, @mmmears, @jimitrout, @vanjust14, @wendow, @becauseimnew

EDIT: Even if you aren't listed above, you might want to check and make sure everything with your links are accurate. I only did a quick check and could've easily missed something!
FYI - I did a review of the Chase thread tonight. Any users who had non-working links OR incorrect descriptions had their links temporarily removed and were sent a message on reddit. Once you have updated your links, just message me back and your links will be reactivated.

CSP 80k links are still working, so no update is required there yet until those stop working at some point in the (hopefully distant) future.

Thanks for helping us keep the support threads clean and usable for friends looking to pay it forward! (Good news is approx. 80% of the comments in the thread were totally accurate, so that's pretty good!!)

EDIT: For those tagged in my comment a couple of weeks ago for Amex, please try to check your links at some point this week. I'll review that when I have time later this week or next week.

Question on the AmEx Platinum streaming credit. The only streaming service we use is netflix and it's prepaid for a few months from buying giftcards at Walgreens when they had their buy 2 netflix cards, get a $10 walgreens card deal going on. Can I prepay another $20 with my new AmEx to use up that credit in November and December?

Similarly, with the wireless credit, can I just pay $20 using my card to get the credit? DH just switched all of our phones around, so it's also paid up for the month, but hate to let the credits go to waste if I don't have to.

I know with the SUB, it's well worth it, but I'm not sure I'll be using the airline credit and possibly the uber. Our closest town that has uber is about 20 miles away, so we'd have to do carry out to be able to use up the credit. Not that we can't do it, but it's kind of a pain. I really don't like driving 20 minutes back home with carryouts because the food is somewhat cold by the time we get to eat it lol!
We have Boostmobile and I am able to just pay the $20 and have it credit to the CC. You didn’t mention your provider.

I know with the SUB, it's well worth it, but I'm not sure I'll be using the airline credit and possibly the uber. Our closest town that has uber is about 20 miles away, so we'd have to do carry out to be able to use up the credit. Not that we can't do it, but it's kind of a pain. I really don't like driving 20 minutes back home with carryouts because the food is somewhat cold by the time we to eat it lol!

I was able to prepay on Verizon a couple of days ago. I disabled autopay temporarily.
Do your kids use any streaming like Spotify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter