I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got our (first) companion pass for ‘20/‘21. Two questions: when you got your c pass, did you just make a spreadsheet of all the places you wanted to go and the constraints on each (only go here during warm weather months etc) and then match up with SW sales? And secondly, has anyone been to Salt Lake City to the genealogy library and have recommendations on where to stay?

I went to a conference in slc, I'd have to go back and look at where we stayed most likely a hyatt or hilton. But the city is very walkable and there's a lightrail. It was really clean too. It also seemed like everything was close.

Thanks so much. I was pinging my friend asking why I could not send you a PM. I have so very much to learn and really looking forward to it.
My user name is landscapelens for reddit.

And so sorry about having to let go of your SW Plus card. 😢
You're going to get a public welcome message since you still aren't at 10 messages yet, lol!

Welcome to DISchurners!

You're approved and all set! Access the main page here. (You do need to be logged in to view these pages)

You may find this thread: DISchurners - Walt Disney World Tips! to be pretty interesting if you're planning a Disney World trip!

This is a thread we have that highlights the major news events on the main thread: DISchurners - NEWS Thread! This can be especially helpful if you can't keep up with all the comments here on the DIS!

As a reminder most of the discussion does happen here on the boards. On r/DISchurners you can post your own support links and/or use others' support links here:
And of course there's other info there too including some of our best tips from the thread that you might want to explore! Welcome, thanks for joining!

Question on the SW offer, I went thru my DH referral link, and it only shows the 70k points for 5k spend, not the bonus 30k points for 25k spend. Should I skip the referral and use the link SFF posted or will the bonus spend still work on the referral link one?

Question on the SW offer, I went thru my DH [support] link, and it only shows the 70k points for 5k spend, not the bonus 30k points for 25k spend. Should I skip the [support] and use the link SFF posted or will the bonus spend still work on the [support] link one?

View attachment 471723
You will only get the offer that you sign up for. I don't believe you're going to find that 100k offer available via support link so you'll need to decide which is better for you. With support points posting, it's possible that the additional spend for only 20k more SW points might not make sense but only you can make that call!

I was buying some gift cards on amazon for the AmEx 20% off when you use a point and I got a banner for another AmEx offer - $20 off a $50 purchase when you use a point. Tried it and it is a separate offer from the other one. Was able to get $150 in gift cards for $110 doing 2 orders.

Thanks to all sharing their stories of spouses who deny all knowledge of previously discussed travel. The same dynamic is at play in my household and I get so frustrated at times! I do agree it is easier than having two planners!
yeah,I'm glad to hear I'm not alone (and wondering if my DH has lost his marbles all the time lol)

I was buying some gift cards on amazon for the AmEx 20% off when you use a point and I got a banner for another AmEx offer - $20 off a $50 purchase when you use a point. Tried it and it is a separate offer from the other one. Was able to get $150 in gift cards for $110 doing 2 orders.
I went to check----I have $40 off $100 when paying with MR. That works with using 1 point? If so, :woohoo:

Will try when back from an appointment

Bought a Switch game for DD's birthday to use up my Dell credit on the biz plat. Free shipping didn't apply. Chat said the free shipping for everyone doesn't apply to everything and I need to join the rewards program. So I did and got free expedited shipping. This seems like a new thing because I've bought a Switch game before and got the standard free shipping. Maybe applies to Nintendo? I didn't try anything else.

How do you check if you have an offer?
Mine was a banner across the page you get to when you add something to cart. Actually that was for today’s. The other one I clicked through the link on DOC. Both of them worked with $0.50 in points and they allowed payment with an amazon gift card balance (at Christmas, it only worked if I paid the balance with Amex).

New Southwest Performance Business Offer... for those that like to SPEND A LOT!
https://creditcards.chase.com/business-credit-cards/southwest/performance-business
Earn up to 100,000 points!
Earn 70,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, an additional 30,000 points after you spend $25,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.

I'm not sure I'm looking to spend $25k (that's almost all the money I spend in a year, lol) to get 100k SW points but figured I'd put it out there... This would be a path to a CP via just 1 credit card.

EDIT: I will say this...we have some people among us who apparently spend a TON of money regularly. And that's cool, but then you're butting up against the pacing recommendations and always wanting a new card. This offer could be perfect for folks like that who need something to preoccupy their spend for a few months!
[/QUOTE
( cough) college tuition payments ( cough)

Mine was a banner across the page you get to when you add something to cart. Actually that was for today’s. The other one I clicked through the link on DOC. Both of them worked with $0.50 in points and they allowed payment with an amazon gift card balance (at Christmas, it only worked if I paid the balance with Amex).
Hmmm I’m not seeing anything on our account so we might not have anything. We order tons from amazon and have another baby registry order to place. We already did the 20% off one. We used a gift card for that one

@striker1064 Which area do you recommend we stay at for a museum centered trip? We want to visit the Air & Space, Natural History, possibly the spy museum

DC is pretty compact so truthfully I think your choices are fine, especially given your willingness to ride metro. If you wanted to walk more and transit less there are probably a couple better options, but it's not a huge difference.

There are a few hotels near the Metro Center station that would also be good - JW Marriott and Grand Hyatt, plus a couple of Hiltons. On the south side of the National Mall near L'Enfant Plaza there's the Hyatt Place Washington DC/National Mall and the Residence Inn Washington DC/Capitol, and if it were me I'd probably pick the Residence. That's right by Federal Triangle so Smithsonian is only a few stops away, and only a few blocks due south of Air and Space.

The only real issue here is that part of DC really shuts down when the workday ends, so you'll have fewer dining options. You can head down to the Wharf, a short walk from the Southwest Waterfront metro, but there are shockingly few food choices right by the Residence and Hyatt Place.

So it's kind of up to you. For best museum access and burning the Marriott points, I'd say the Residence. The nicest Marriott near lots of food and shopping is the JW Marriott. If you don't mind riding just a bit longer on metro (not much) and want lots of other food options very close to your hotel, pick the Dupont Circle hotel. That one would also give you easy zoo access to the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest