I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the trip to Aruba, which I used AA Points for 7 people. I have a measly 18,500 AA Points. Figured I would just cash them out for a gift card to get rid of them but you have to have at least 25,000 points to cash out even if the gift cards are less. Any easy way to earn 7,000 AA Points that won't cost much. I don't want to have to spend on the AA card as I am constantly doing a MSR and for what I will get out of it probably not worth it. Wasn't sure if anyone had any good tricks...

wait....does my DH have another family????:rotfl2: seriously...just last night while we're having our nightly chat....again.... "wait,what??? I'm going on vacation this spring??? why don't you ever tell me about these things???"...... He's been notified monthly starting last August... which I tartly informed him of..... with the usual follow up..."if you don't want to join,it's ok,you stay home and work,I'm still going dear".... (he always joins lol)
I expect at LEAST 2 more conversations exactly like this before we go..... as far as the 'right' card..... not a chance. I just give him the FU so at least it's always 1.5 points per $ spent...

OMG, my DH's doppelganger! :rotfl: I keep telling him he doesn't need to come if he doesn't want to, but he still ends up coming. I'm taking the kids to WDW for Spring Break and the plan is he's not coming. I keep thinking he's going to change his mind though. Even made backup SW flights for him with points, lol.

Does anybody else like to do this:

So having just gotten back from our WDW trip, I'm sitting here thinking what I was doing exactly 1 week ago today, haha! I love doing that when we get back from a trip. 1 week ago right now I was Meeting LaunchPad McQuack and then heading to Finding Nemo the Musical for the 1:00 show!
yep, a week ago at this time I was lounging by the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge, getting ready for a fun filled night at AK After Hours! (which by the way, if anyone is on the fence about doing, I HIGHLY recommend. Worth every penny!) Oh how I wish we were back in Florida. We are having bad storms and tornado warnings here today.

Decided if we are going to Hawaii we need skymiles. Applied for the Delta Plat Biz and got the popup. I spend a ton on my gold but I’m not hugely surprised or concerned since I know these Delta offers are popup sensitive. I’ll throw more at the surpass thats been beglected.

ANYWAY- I go to apply P2 and ...nothing happens. No popup but no submission either. I hit wpply again thinking my phone froze and it says the system is down. Okay no big deal. Except...he just got an email he is approved? How do I find out the bonus was attached?

Okay further weirdness- just applied for the Delta Gold Biz myself and no popup. So popup for the Plat but not Gold. And no instant approval for me either. Hmmmmm. But now no hx of application even though I had the pending review screen. I give up, P2 is approved so I’ll let this sit haha

Last edited:
Fastpasses for Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railroad!!! Wonder how impossible those are going to be for me to get at 60 days out in a couple weeks?!?!

Squeeee! Canceled our second Epcot day FPs and grabbed one! Thank you!!

Now we've got 3 HS days (have Slinky Dog, Millenium Falcon, and now MMRR). Think I need to either add hoppers or another day to our tickets.

Earn and burn or hoard. I guess if earn and burn is defined by getting any redemption vs a great redemption then I earn and burn. I'll take free over a great redemption. Most of the places I stay, are not high end, luxury spots (Towneplace suites in Whitefish!). They are very 3 star motel type spots. That suits me, though. I will probably always have a good (to me) use for my 35K certs on Marriott. It is probably holding me back from getting a Brilliant card as I don't have any plans for a 50K hotel. Well that and the adding a personal card to my 4/24 status. I used to be paralyzed at using points unless it was an amazing redemption. I had to get over that.

But at the same time, I am a hoarder! I get anxious if I don't have a MSR. So I have a stockpile of URs and a redemption in mind (Alaskan Cruise 2022). I do use as the need comes up (Ranch at DV in 4 weeks). I like diversifying. I didn't have much in mind for Delta but got the card when I had a targeted mailer. Just used some to book to SLC since they fly non-stop from CMH. SW doesn't fly non-stop to there from here. Might use some to fly to Whitefish.

Now I just need more vacation time or retire early to be able to travel more!

ANYWAY- I go to apply P2 and ...nothing happens. No popup but no submission either. I hit wpply again thinking my phone froze and it says the system is down. Okay no big deal. Except...he just got an email he applied?? How do I find out the bonus was attached?
I would call on P2's application. That happened to me on a Biz Gold application. It seemed to freeze and not say anything but I got an email. I had apparently applied but when I called they said no bonus attached. They cancelled my application.

I would call on P2's application. That happened to me on a Biz Gold application. It seemed to freeze and not say anything but I got an email. I had apparently applied but when I called they said no bonus attached. They cancelled my application.
I’ll have him call!

yep, a week ago at this time I was lounging by the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge, getting ready for a fun filled night at AK After Hours! (which by the way, if anyone is on the fence about doing, I HIGHLY recommend. Worth every penny!) Oh how I wish we were back in Florida. We are having bad storms and tornado warnings here today.

Don't worry, lots of rain and tornado warnings in NW FL and the Big Bend area of FL too. 🙁

I haven't been able to access my AmEx accounts since Sunday. Is there something wrong with their systems or it just my account?

I have been waiting for a $100.00 credit to show on my Marriott biz card since we used the offer on December 30th (when we checked out of the JW Marriott Lima). I called a few weeks ago and they said it could take up to 8 weeks to show the credit (most of the ones I use show much faster). The CSR said they need to ensure that I stayed at the hotel before they give the credit. The only other time I had an issue was with the $250.00 Hilton resort credit on my Aspire, which they eventually had to do manually since it never showed.

I haven't been able to access my AmEx accounts since Sunday. Is there something wrong with their systems or it just my account?

I have been waiting for a $100.00 credit to show on my Marriott biz card since we used the offer on December 30th (when we checked out of the JW Marriott Lima). I called a few weeks ago and they said it could take up to 8 weeks to show the credit (most of the ones I use show much faster). The CSR said they need to ensure that I stayed at the hotel before they give the credit. The only other time I had an issue was with the $250.00 Hilton resort credit on my Aspire, which they eventually had to do manually since it never showed.
I was able to log into mine earlier today

wait....does my DH have another family????:rotfl2: seriously...just last night while we're having our nightly chat....again.... "wait,what??? I'm going on vacation this spring??? why don't you ever tell me about these things???"...... He's been notified monthly starting last August... which I tartly informed him of..... with the usual follow up..."if you don't want to join,it's ok,you stay home and work,I'm still going dear".... (he always joins lol)
I expect at LEAST 2 more conversations exactly like this before we go..... as far as the 'right' card..... not a chance. I just give him the FU so at least it's always 1.5 points per $ spent...
My DH is the same way, he's good with 2 cards in his wallet. Gas card (CF this quarter) & restaurant card (Amex Green).

But he never remembers when or where our trips are, like ever. We even have it on our shared family calendar.

Too bad hotels for that night are super high. Hopefully something opens up last minute. We were planning on going anyway for my pregnancy pictures but would want to stay the night. We might have to do 2 separate trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter