I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of off-topic for this thread, but I trust everyone here so had to ask all of you. Should my DH and I and our 10 year old boys move from the CBR to Yacht Club OR use Chase UR points and stay off site? We will only be at Disney 3 nights (2/17-2/20). We were not able to get a 5 person room for all 3 nights, so first night we are in ‘hopefully’ connecting rooms. Price was ok, but not great for room size, but we are excited to check on the gondola. We have only ever stayed at the Polynesian, so I get that this is a downgrade, but or sole purpose for this Disney trip is SWGE, but honestly, who am I kidding? They’re going to want to go to the castle too. The first part of our trip we will be at Universal at Portofino Bay on UR points thanks to everyone’s help and advice here! Woohoo!

Our options are to stay put and pay cash, cash out our CSR UR points and upgrade and move to Yacht club for $524 or Boardwalk Inn for $486, A o A for $430. Beach Club was available and is gone now, so I need to decide quick. The Polynesian is $898–It’s just not happening; OR...move to Disney Springs or another Disney affiliated hotel where we can use UR points abd get a better value than cashing out and just take a Lyft to the parks. What would you do? Will we miss not being on the Skyliner? Will we hate moving after 1 night? Will we be cramped at CBR?

Do Boardwalk Inn or the Yacht Club. Both will put you close to the Skyliner and you can use the Epcot monorail to get to MK if you have hoppers.

Decluttering is my 2020 goal along with getting more organized...so with that theme in mind, has anyone tried doing a capsule wardrobe? My closet is overflowing (remember I have 70+ cardigans). I just have a hard time of letting go of clothing. And clearly I need to refrain from shopping.

I had the same problem, and successfully downsized my closet when I found a couple of my employees who were very interested in getting my leftovers. One was giving them to her aunt and mother and the other had been burned out in a fire and was able to use the clothing.

Apparently I can easily give when I can see the items being used and appreciated.

I'm nowhere near at the same level of items but decluttering my closets are on my agenda for this week. And I'll be calling my friends to see if they need anything.

What scammers are on eBay. DH sold someone a D&B card on 11/30 with lots of points and credits. The guy even emailed him several times about the card and now DH receives a dispute from PayPal that the transaction wasn’t authorized. What a crock!
He should be fine, I had this happen once...just attach the USPS tracking number showing it was shipped to the confirmed address to the dispute
This. Since it is an unauthorized charge dispute you are protected under seller protection with a tracking number that shows you shipped it to the address you were provided on eBay. The buyer may get their money back, but it won't come out of your pocket. If it was a dispute over funds not being on the GC then that would have been a whole other issue.

Happy New Year, y'all. Last night we had friends over for a little blowout, so I'm moving a bit slowly this morning and might be a little hung over. But the coffee is hot, so that's what counts.

There are remnants of king cake and other desserts in the fridge, the dishwasher needs to be loaded, the bar needs to be organized, I'm pretty sure there's something smushed on the floor that I hope is just food, and the cats won't look us in the eye.

It was a good night!

Happy New Year, y'all. Last night we had friends over for a little blowout, so I'm moving a bit slowly this morning and might be a little hung over. But the coffee is hot, so that's what counts.

There are remnants of king cake and other desserts in the fridge, the dishwasher needs to be loaded, the bar needs to be organized, I'm pretty sure there's something smushed on the floor that I hope is just food, and the cats won't look us in the eye.

It was a good night!
Sounds like a fun night!

Happy New Year!

To all those who have a companion certificate with the Delta Platinum I have a question. @speedyfishy, @tink1970, @shairpdrh, @GlamMistress (not sure who else). Have you been able to use your yearly companion certificates okay lately? I have had at least one for years but last year when I tried to book it was a huge pain to find flights that qualified and were not sold out. This year I thought okay...I will book early so not sold out. Yesterday I get on to look for our October and November flights and the flights I want are still showing sold out. Night flights and red eyes are available but that is about it. Right now between DH and I we have three companion certificates to use this year. If the trend has changed and it is really hard to use I think I am going to at least downgrade one of the cards to the no fee Delta Blue. Especially since the AF is going up $55 end of January. Any input on it welcome.

Decluttering is my 2020 goal along with getting more organized...so with that theme in mind, has anyone tried doing a capsule wardrobe? My closet is overflowing (remember I have 70+ cardigans). I just have a hard time of letting go of clothing. And clearly I need to refrain from shopping.

I want to work on my capsule wardrobe too and I am not a big shopper of clothes but I need to get rid of some items in my closet. I'm a minimalist anyway, but that does not seem to matter: the clutter does pile up. My DH is NOT minimalist and his workshop is a nightmare. I want to declutter that but we'll see. He gets freaked out when I mention cleaning out the tools.

Happy New Year!

To all those who have a companion certificate with the Delta Platinum I have a question. @speedyfishy, @tink1970, @shairpdrh, @GlamMistress (not sure who else). Have you been able to use your yearly companion certificates okay lately? I have had at least one for years but last year when I tried to book it was a huge pain to find flights that qualified and were not sold out. This year I thought okay...I will book early so not sold out. Yesterday I get on to look for our October and November flights and the flights I want are still showing sold out. Night flights and red eyes are available but that is about it. Right now between DH and I we have three companion certificates to use this year. If the trend has changed and it is really hard to use I think I am going to at least downgrade one of the cards to the no fee Delta Blue. Especially since the AF is going up $55 end of January. Any input on it welcome.

We were not able to use our easily the last year so I gave up and downgraded. Before you throw in the towel like me, consider reading Rene's Points blog and search for this topic. There will be lots of info there. But yes, Delta makes it VERY hard to use.

I only wish I was able to run. I love running but I have horrible knees and had to stop 5 or so years ago. I can occasionally do a 5k but it destroys my knees. I have to decide if it’s worth it lol. I guess I’m just able to function without those things. Alcohol and coffee I hate the taste of. Pop I just have to try hard not to want. I do have a slushie every now and then and I like candy.
That's too bad. I've been running since I was 13. I've run several marathons, 10k's 5k. etc. I can't run marathons anymore, but I still run 5 or 6 miles a day. I've been the neighborhood Forrest Gump since we moved here 23 years ago.

Happy New Year, everyone. I did celebrate NYE by seeing all the earlier NYE celebrations (Sydney fireworks, Chinese drones, a shot of Big Ben striking midnight) on the 6pm news. I counted that as the same as staying up. In bed by 10pm and asleep until midnight and some noises (guns/fireworks) woke me up. Quickly back to sleep.

I've got the "next day is work doldrums". Been off since the 21st. Usually I am raring to go back as that is a lot of time off. But this year, I am not ready to go back. I think it is actually good to go back tomorrow and then will have 2 days off before starting a full week. Next big break will be Spring Break in southern California (66 days, not that I am counting down).

Safeway - Save $7 instantly on $50 gift cards for Best Buy, Gap, Happy Bites, Happy Eats, Spafinder or Stubhub. Expres Jan 14, 2020.

Also, spend $40 in one shopping trip get 2 rewards.

I believe gift cards pay double points so one $50 gift card also equals one gas reward, if you can use the gift cards listed.

Happy eats and bites have Panera listed so I'll buy one at least.

Last edited:
I had the same problem, and successfully downsized my closet when I found a couple of my employees who were very interested in getting my leftovers. One was giving them to her aunt and mother and the other had been burned out in a fire and was able to use the clothing.

Apparently I can easily give when I can see the items being used and appreciated.

I'm nowhere near at the same level of items but decluttering my closets are on my agenda for this week. And I'll be calling my friends to see if they need anything.
That’s an awesome motivator!

I think I have a hard time because I technically have room in my closet for everything and includes not having to switch out for seasons. But then I look at and can’t figure out what to wear because there are too many options. I need a uniform like DS :)

First of all, I didn't know and still really don't know what a capsule wardrobe is.

But, you could try setting out a weeks worth of clothes. Pick 5 complete outfits for your next 5 at work days. From top to bottom including shoes. Then rotate the next week etc. If you find yourself not enjoying wearing any part of your ensemble, drop it in the laundry and earmark it into the donation bag. And as you pick your outfits and keep rejecting certain items, they need to go.

It's okay to want new things but at some point to make room when new comes in something old and possibly unused needs to go to another lucky owner.

I've now got a Goodwill fairly near me and have discovered that in the mornings they have a semi attended box at their donation door so I can just drive in and sometimes just hand items to the worker. (Haven't done it in months, though so time to get going again.)

Happy New Year!!

Anyone else using their Amex airline credits today? I assume it's good to go since it's the first of the year, right?
Yes, everything should be good to go. You can verify by checking the counter under Benefits, it should show the full credit.

I'm using the Biz Plat Dell credit today myself.

I've got to make a decision on my Amex Gold credit.

Yes, everything should be good to go. You can verify by checking the counter under Benefits, it should show the full credit.

I'm using the Biz Plat Dell credit today myself.

Thanks! My work laptop hates the Amex website for some reason. I'll have to check it when I get back to my regular laptop :)

There's probably many different opinions on this, but one set doesn't satisfy me

I have varying cookware needs and they go like this:

All Clad but not nonstick. Pots and pans that I might boil, braise or cook a steak in. I do have several expensive non stick all clad that are all scratched so I don't use.

Tramontina professional non stick for frying pans that I would do fried eggs, scrambled eggs, omelets, or some sauces. Reasonably priced and I got mine at Costco. Not the regular line. The Pro line. Highly recommended as non stick fry pans.

Le Creuset for various needs..

Mauviel big copper pot I love to use.

Cuisinart roasting pan with rack.
@Judique so this...
https://www.costco.com/tramontina-proline-14-inch-fry-pan.product.100365411.htmlbut not this...
https://www.costco.com/tramontina-2...n-stick-silicone-grips.product.100365410.html
I have Copper Bottom Revere pans that I have had for 30 years that I use for things that I don't need non stick, but I need new frying pans, and dh makes oatmeal every day, and non stick sauce pan works best for that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter