I know it's a long way off... but.. 2018 Dopey

I have been planning on it since I did my first runDisney race, which was ToT in 2014. I have my plan A, B, C, D, and E already in place for that year. Worst case scenario I will do Goofy. I will plan to do that marathon for sure even if I miss out on a spot for Dopey despite my plans in place.

I've signed up for my first Goofy in 2017, aiming for Dopey in 2018. But, I've also realized in the last year that things can change in an instant, so I'll say it's my goal and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out so I can do it! My main concern right now is the number of days I'd have to take off work, especially if we want to have a few days after the race to spend more time in the parks.

I'm planning on it but I'll have to see if I can survive and finish Goofy in 2017, it will be my first marathon but my 5th half marathon.

What dates are we expecting for 2018? My husband is doing Goofy this year and will go Dopey in 2018. I plan on joining him for the 5k :)

Even though that will still probably still have christmas crowds? I think many many schools will have their break until Jan 9th.
2017 is Jan. 4-8 and it's been said that some schools still have off then. I find that strange because here in Wisconsin most if not all schools go back Jan 2nd.

2017 is Jan. 4-8 and it's been said that some schools still have off then. I find that strange because here in Wisconsin most if not all schools go back Jan 2nd.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. (In IL, we are going back on the 2nd too).

I guess we will just have to wait and see. (In IL, we are going back on the 2nd too).

We're in IL as well and don't go back until the 9th. I think it just all depends on the Superintendent and Board Members thoughts on best schedule.

We're in IL as well and don't go back until the 9th. I think it just all depends on the Superintendent and Board Members thoughts on best schedule.
That's usually what it is. We get a lot of weird Monday's or Friday's off throughout the year.

I may do Dopey in 2018. Truth to had, I'm more incline to the harder challenge of Goofy (in my situation), but if my son does the 5K then I'll sign up for Dopey plus I have yet to do the 10K. However should Dopey sell out, I will simply sign up for the 5K, 10K, and Goofy. I'd still complete Dopey, just unofficially.

I may do Dopey in 2018. Truth to had, I'm more incline to the harder challenge of Goofy (in my situation), but if my son does the 5K then I'll sign up for Dopey plus I have yet to do the 10K. However should Dopey sell out, I will simply sign up for the 5K, 10K, and Goofy. I'd still complete Dopey, just unofficially.

If this year is any indication, there is almost no way signing up for the 5K, 10K, and Goofy will be an easier proposition than signing up for the Dopey. Dopey will probably sell out faster next year than it will this year, but hard to see it selling out faster than the 20-30 minutes it took the 5K and 10K.

If this year is any indication, there is almost no way signing up for the 5K, 10K, and Goofy will be an easier proposition than signing up for the Dopey. Dopey will probably sell out faster next year than it will this year, but hard to see it selling out faster than the 20-30 minutes it took the 5K and 10K.

Yes I do agree. I haven't experienced sign-ups through the new Active account method. the last rD registration I did was for Marathon Weekend 2016 and they changed the format for all races afterward. I agree I don't think I'd be able to register for two 5Ks, and two 10Ks before they are placed on hold. I know Goofy will be open for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter