I just have one Disney DVC wish....

Hmmmm, that's weird. Well, in my e-mail I did several things, which *may* account for the difference (although I wouldn't have thought so). First, I told them that I am fully aware of the discounts that they currently offer, and that they are NOT satisfactory. Second, I asked them specifically to please bump my letter up the chain to the appropriate manager. (I also specifically mentioned something comparable to the FL residents discount as something which WOULD be satisfactory)

I wouldn't have thought that those little things would have made a difference in how they responded or who they forwarded it to, but I guess maybe they did.

Keep those letters comin'! ;)

Do we as DVC members have any leverage with Disney to cause them to seriously consider discount ticket prices?

I AGREE!!!! (though for my health....I won't be holding my breath;) )

Well, basically...ditto. :D

I've read many times on this board about DVCers doing the parks less and less as time goes on, or NOT AT ALL on some trips, and that's what I foresee as the years go on as DVC owners. And when I think about the amount of money we can spend in the parks :rolleyes: , Disney really is missing out on a money maker!

Having always stayed at an EPCOT resort in the past, there's nothing I've enjoyed more in the evening than strolling on over to EPCOT, eating some dinner, checking out the World Showcase shopping, and grabbing some snacks to watch ToN and Illuminations. If we spend a day outside Disney, I'm not about to use a park pass to do this! We've always gotten the LOS passes before, and will again this year, but after 4 trips in 4 years, I'll be looking to explore more of Orlando next year.

I'm going to work on that e-mail.

Just wanted to share that I too received a response to the e-mail I sent-- It was similar to the response that JonHM received.

I feel better having my comments acknowledged, and, I like to believe they really do value my imput and membership. Also, it was good to know my thoughts are going to be shared with the appropriate manager. (whatever that means?)
I like to think that member imput does make a difference, and, what the heck...I feel better letting them know my thoughts on it! There's no promises here, and, even if they decide to discount tickets/passes based entirely on a financial decision, it doesn't hurt to give imput. I'm still hopeful that we WILL see a better discount on tickets/passes in the near future.
For those of you that don't think it will make any difference, you won't turn down a better discounted admission ticket/pass if offered sometime in the future, will you?:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter