I just have one Disney DVC wish....

goofy4wdw59

Long Time Disney Fan
To the Disney/DVC powers that be (I hope they really do review this board)...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE offer a better discounted annual pass / admission tickets to DVC members!!

I'm naively hopeful, I know! In the big financial Disney picture, they have probably determined they don't have to do this. Still, might I suggest a 20% discount on hopper passes, AND the annual pass? But, will accept at least the annual pass discount given to Florida residents.

I'm hoping if you agree, you will post "I AGREE" on this thread! It's just a wish...but, you can dream, can't you? LOL

From what I read here on many postings, DVC members are only offered a 10% discount on the ultimate/length of stay pass. It seems that very few DVC members use this type of admission. DVC members are going to purchase admission whether discounted or not, I'm just "wishing" for a discounted admission ticket!

When I was working at MetLife (sponsored "Wonders of Life", but no longer...w/b another company I guess), employees were offered a 20% discount on hopper passes. We could purchase up to 8 tickets per visit. I'm thinking that other companies and corporations that sponsor attractions at WDW offer a similar discount to their employees. IMHO, DVC members are just as deserving of a 20%? discount on hoppers & annual passes...or, at the least, a better deal than offered now. It would be an added selling feature--even if they don't need to do it!

Let me say that I'm VERY HAPPY to be a new member of DVC and can't wait for our first stay at VWL in Sept. I will post all the good things as I experience them too...I'm just...
...wishing for a better deal for admission tickets for DVC members! If you're wishing too, please post! PIXIE DUST this one:jester: :D :jester:

I agree, admission prices are probably my biggest 'complaint' with DVC, especially since I doubt we'll use our points for anything but WDW (except maybe a cruise.) And with the So. Cal. parks growing, a DVC resort near Disneyland would be nice.

But I'm still very happy to be a member of DVC!!!!

I'm one of the lucky ones who had the length of stay passes for the entire time that it was offered.:D

Much as a discount would be nice, Disney long ago realized that they no longer needed to include passes or pass discounts to get people to join.

We can still dream!:bounce:

I totally agree!!

Our loyalty should be rewarded with a discount that we can really use.

I agree! With 6 passes to buy a discount would be WONDERFUL!!!!

I've given up hoping. :( The special DVC pass was Disney's answer. It doesn't work for me but may for others.

With more and more trips to WDW since joining DVC we are finding less and less need to visit the parks as much each trip. Our APs ended in May and for our upcoming trip we will not be buying ANY kind of passes and may perhaps wait until another year goes by. However, if we were offered a discount such as 20% it certainly would be enough to make us think twice about it. Along with the 3 trips/year instead of the 1 trip/year comes the added expense of more airline tickets, transfers or rental car, more disney "food", souvenirs(gotta have those), and entertainment expenses(boat rentals, bike rentals, etc). So for us, a year off from the $700 AP fee(for 2) gets us one free trip, which is now a less to no stress vacation. Since joining DVC we actually DON'T get our money's worth out of the passes anymore. Two-three hours a day doesn't compare to the 12-14 hours a day we used to spend. So even 3 trips/year doesn't work out compared to the 2 trips we would squeeze in just under 12 months. Has anyone else slowed to this point?

Your wish won't happen with them raising the points needed to stay elsewhere. Disney has you guys where they want you. For the next half century. Isn't obvious that the perks are dwindling.

I totally agree. Since we have only used points at WDW since joining, it would nice if they offered the same discount as Florida residents. After all, we do OWN property in Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter